Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

From an 8th grader's (apart of the first generation of JFK Charter School middle schoolers) perspective, I have a lot to say. For starters, grades K-5 here was great! I made a lot of friends, was in the aftercare program, and had so much fun learning. The aftercare program was a good way to leave your children after school if you can't pick them up early from 2:07 pm to 6:30 pm (unfortunately, aftercare got expensive, and my parents took me out of it). Other ways to pick your child up are by bus or car pick-up. Moving on, I love the teachers. Most of them (at least the ones I had) were very friendly and cared about our education. If you have an elementary schooler and middle schooler, it would make your life only slightly easier, but hey! One drop off is better than two. Also, if your child starts off from kindergarten and goes in through middle school at JFK, their lives would be easier, too. They wouldn't have to be afraid of going to a whole new school and meeting new people. In middle school here, we have block scheduling, thank goodness. I'm kind of afraid that if I say this, someone from school will read this review and I'll get in trouble from the principal, but I'm just going to speak my mind here. The new principal this school year, Miss Hench, is... meh. I don't know what it is, but she just has weird policies. For one, she changed our school mascot from a jaguar to a bee. A BEE! She also has ridiculous rules. I once had my phone out to text my mom, and Miss Hench passed by. We're not allowed to have our phones out, but I said, very politely, that I was texting my mom and even showed her my phone screen for proof. She still told me to put my phone away after that. There was also a time where we were playing tag on the basketball court because we had a substitute teacher. Miss Hench was walking by, and then she yelled at us because we were supposed to be "setting an example" and not running around. Just because we're teenagers doesn't mean that we're completely adults. We're still childish and like to have fun! What, are we supposed to teach the younger kids to be extremely mature and not have fun? I just don't get why playing tag is a "bad example." All in all, JFK is a pretty good school (despite the new principal). I'm sad to leave my teachers and friends once I enter high school this August, but I'm grateful for having gone to this school.

My daughter comes here and loves it! The staff and teachers are very attentive and the communication is great. I would love to see more activities (sports, music, etc.) and possibly add a foreign language as south Florida is very diversified.

Grateful to: Teacher

Thanks to all of my teachers (I won't say their names for privacy reasons) for helping me form a well-constructed education.

The administration and teachers have been excellent .. I have one child there now and the other will be going there next year. The communication and organization is beyond what I have seen at any other school..My daughter has thrived here so far...I think more arts and music would enrich the school even more.

The teachers and staff are amaIng and very helpful. They are very caring and loving towards the children.

Awesome caring School. Principal Sills leads by example. He greets the children every morning and knows most of them by name. Creative teachers that are great role models. We are blessed to have our children find this School.

I went to this school since kindergarten. I am now in 8th grade. The school is good but some teachers aren't very helpful and just give you the answers instead of actually teaching. It's a great school overall.

My daughter has been in this school for 3 years and I am very sorry that she will leave it after this year (her 5th grade year). My other daughter is in Kindergarten and will be at this school until 5th grade. This is the best school I have ever dealt with in all ways. They are extremely attentive, have excellent educational programs for the children, and offer the perfect combination of learning and help for the children. My first daughter went from getting C and D in 2nd grade at another "public" school to now getting all A & one B. The teachers are absolutely AMAZING! Mr Thorton is by far the absolute best teacher I have ever met. He is so caring and makes learning so much fun for the kids. His teaching views should be studied & used in all schools! My little one had some reading issues when she first started and JFK has worked so well with her in special study times and now she reads ABOVE her grade level! Thank you so much JFK for being such a WONDERFUL experience for my children!

My daughter love this school and love her teacher Ms, Clayman. We feel very grateful with them.

The school is absolutely wonderful! I've had such a positive experience with my daughter's teachers, Mrs. Klockner & Ms. Hrebin. My daughter struggled at the school we used to go to in New York, and was far behind when she came into their class at the beginning of this year. Her teachers consistently kept me informed on her progress and it was amazing to see how much her reading, math skills, and confidence have improved this year. It brings tears to my eyes, knowing that these two patient, caring, miracle-working, "angels" have touched my daughters life in such a positive way. If only they could have them again next year! Another thing I like about the school is that some teachers loop with their classes, and I haven't heard yet if that will happen for my daughter or not. The office staff if friendly, and always willing to help out. I don't know too much about the principal since Mr. Shaw left and they are in the process of hiring a new one. GREAT SCHOOL!!!

Last modified Jfk Medical Center Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.