Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The administration and teachers have been excellent .. I have one child there now and the other will be going there next year. The communication and organization is beyond what I have seen at any other school..My daughter has thrived here so far...I think more arts and music would enrich the school even more.

The teachers and staff are amaIng and very helpful. They are very caring and loving towards the children.

Awesome caring School. Principal Sills leads by example. He greets the children every morning and knows most of them by name. Creative teachers that are great role models. We are blessed to have our children find this School.

I went to this school since kindergarten. I am now in 8th grade. The school is good but some teachers aren't very helpful and just give you the answers instead of actually teaching. It's a great school overall.

My daughter has been in this school for 3 years and I am very sorry that she will leave it after this year (her 5th grade year). My other daughter is in Kindergarten and will be at this school until 5th grade. This is the best school I have ever dealt with in all ways. They are extremely attentive, have excellent educational programs for the children, and offer the perfect combination of learning and help for the children. My first daughter went from getting C and D in 2nd grade at another "public" school to now getting all A & one B. The teachers are absolutely AMAZING! Mr Thorton is by far the absolute best teacher I have ever met. He is so caring and makes learning so much fun for the kids. His teaching views should be studied & used in all schools! My little one had some reading issues when she first started and JFK has worked so well with her in special study times and now she reads ABOVE her grade level! Thank you so much JFK for being such a WONDERFUL experience for my children!

My daughter love this school and love her teacher Ms, Clayman. We feel very grateful with them.

The school is absolutely wonderful! I've had such a positive experience with my daughter's teachers, Mrs. Klockner & Ms. Hrebin. My daughter struggled at the school we used to go to in New York, and was far behind when she came into their class at the beginning of this year. Her teachers consistently kept me informed on her progress and it was amazing to see how much her reading, math skills, and confidence have improved this year. It brings tears to my eyes, knowing that these two patient, caring, miracle-working, "angels" have touched my daughters life in such a positive way. If only they could have them again next year! Another thing I like about the school is that some teachers loop with their classes, and I haven't heard yet if that will happen for my daughter or not. The office staff if friendly, and always willing to help out. I don't know too much about the principal since Mr. Shaw left and they are in the process of hiring a new one. GREAT SCHOOL!!!

I am the proud mother of a wonderful eight year old boy named Gabe. Previously Gabe attended Manatee Community Elementary School (BOOO-HISSSS). Manatee was located right across the street from our home (was rated an "A" school which was our priority as a family when we moved here to Florida from New York). Unfortunately, the "Manatee Experience" turned out to be an utter nightmare not only for my son but for us as parents. On a more positive note and why I am writing this post - Our son now attends JFK Medical Center Charter School, and while I am only at the school a few short months, I can already see such an improvement in my child's attitude and confidence. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this school is. It is everything that an elementary school should be. The teachers are extremely patient, professional, and caring (everything teachers should be). The school really fosters a warm, friendly and family oriented environment. Parents are encouraged to participate in the academic process and are even welcomed into the school, at any time. JFK actually cares about their student body knowing what you put in...you get back. The focus is not furthering their "agenda" or advancing their careers as "Professional Administrators" but rather building relationships, and supporting the children that are entrusted in their care. JFK approaches the education process focusing on individual strengths and success, unlike my previous experience which only highlighted any deficiencies in fear that the student would not be ready for the test . JFK also respects the fact that children need exercise and physical activity as part of a "balanced" approach to education (unlike some schools who would defer PE to FCAT prep faster than you can say...BOO). Additionally, at JFK, you never have to worry about your child being sold lunch or snack items that are detrimental to their health (such as copious amounts of chocolate or unhealthy choices). In a nut shell, JFK is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! And that is why, my son s school deserves whatever is given to acknowledge what a fine institution it is, promoting the education and well being of our youth !

JFK Medical Center Charter School is awesome!!!!! My daughter and her family, in a few short months, have had only "positive" experiences. It is important for a school to not only teach the children in their care but to make them well rounded grown adults. Learning should be fun and a positive experience. My grandson is not only happy to go to school but excited that he is learning many different subjects. He has expressed to me that his teachers are great! They are supportive, professional, caring, and treat him as if he counts. They are supportive to his parents as well. This can only yield a great outcome! Keep up the good work "JFK Medical Center Charter" and may you get the recognition you deserve!

Great school. Friendly helpful teachers and staff. Mr. Shaw and teachers have been more than accomadating in every way. The office staff and transportation people are superb.

Last modified Jfk Medical Center Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.