Academy For Positive Learning

Charter | K-8 | 135 students

Posted August 4, 2014

This is my second year in this school , in the beginning I was afraid that my son would not fit in but he is very happy .Mrs E is a awesome principal the students respects her .The teachers are great they go above and beyond for their students .I have no regrets as parents if we want the best for our children and get the most out the school principal and teachers we have to do our part

Posted July 23, 2014

I'm glad that I enrolled my children in Academy For Positive Learning, I was afraid that my children will be nervous coming to this school and trying to make friends. But after the first month here, they are very happy in coming here and become very open to people. The Principal and the teacher i've meet were very kind and focus on the job in educating the students. It a great school, and it try hard in trying to be the best.

Posted July 22, 2014

My grandchildren went to this school. When they first enrolled the students were attending classes in trailers. We was told that would only be until Christmas vacation ended it will be three years in Sept of this year. The students are still in trailers. They did build a "NEW" office for the Principal though. Thank God they no longer attend. In my 66 years I have never seen such a poorly run school. I cannot believe they was ever granted a charter.

Posted May 5, 2014

Do not trust the reviews I went to this school one year "eighth grade" and my reading FCAT scores were 4 and 5 all my life with that one year I went down from a five to a four I'm now a student at boynton beach community high school and this school is better even though some of the bad rep it's had is still true I'd rather go here then back to that school my mom had worked there and she came home crying everyday wishing should could give me and my brother a good life but with the salary she was getting we would be lucky to live from payment to payment. This school is terrible your safer sending your kids to a public school.

Posted May 5, 2014

If you really love your kids and want them to succeed in life, then play a more active role in their academic as well as their home lives. I am the proud mother of a kindergartener and 5th grader at A4PL. During the second semester my son's grades began to slip and his teachers requested a conference immediately. I am happy to say that my emails are returned promptly, as are any notes that I write on my children's agenda. My daughter reads at an above grade level and my son's grades have made a complete turnaround. I have had the opportunity to speak with and observe Principal Espinoza on many occasions. It takes a person with a strong character, extreme dedication, and passion to have accomplished what has been done thus far with A4PL. Mrs. Espinoza has shown just that. Parents need to show the same character, dedication, and passion for their child's academic progress as well. No school is perfect, but it takes parental, teacher, and student involvement to strive to make it the best that it could be. I am proud to be an A4PL parent. As a responsible parent, I'd rather be a part of the solution, instead of venting my frustrations anonymously on a review board. Go A4PL!

Posted May 5, 2014

I am glad that I was enrolled into Academy For Positive Learning by my parents when I was younger. I was the award type who didn't like to socialize with people and was very nervous coming to this school. But after meeting the Principal, teachers, and classmates, I really did open up and glad that I came here. Even after graduating, I still come by over the school just to visit and see how the principal is doing and like to volunteer to help out. Dont get me wrong parents, this is not the perfect school your hoping for, but no school is ever perfect . But it is one of those school of being very great for your children to go. I remember the filed trips, activities, and extra curricular I had in the school. I really Love this school for making me the person I have become today and very grateful for the teacher, classmates, and the Principal for my education.

Posted December 15, 2013

You get what you put into it. Ms. E. tries to give her students a huge experience from a small school. She works constantly to give her students great opportunities as they move forward. She always has time to answer your questions, My child continues to do well at AFPL and loves the school. Be involved - be successful.

Posted December 4, 2013

Academy for Positive Learning is constructed by the interests and needs of students. Students interests is very well managedan outstanding perspective... At A4PL students discover understandings and potentials that drive their success in new fields of education yet to come. As a parent I would not doubt of the effectiveness or sucess my kids can achieve in this safe one on one type of learning experience. Teachers do work hard and the principal gives her life to education.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 10, 2013

I liked the staff at the school,but I was one of those "not-so-popular" kids who wasn't the best.So of course some of the students can make school there the worst years of your life,but i do recommend it,not 100% because they just got all new staff and removed their 2 best teachers,but a 4/5

Posted October 10, 2013

Do not be fooled by these reviews and stay away! Some of the teachers are excellent but do not last. There have been several mass exodus here where the teachers go to (another charter) school where they are supported by the leadership of the school.

Posted October 9, 2013

love love love the school my son just started kindergarten and they have a really good positive outlook .My son gets home talking about how great his day was, that's all you can ask for.

Posted June 12, 2013

I attended this school for three years, and the principal is very involved in the student's education. She geniunely cares about each individual student and wants them to suceed. She is very hands on and I personally feel she has created a beneficial learning environment.

Posted June 11, 2013

This school really cares about it's students. I have two kids here and the school does really well with both of them. Also helped my daughter to obtain tutoring when it was needed. If your able to get in to this school you will not be sorry.

Posted June 11, 2013

I would like to begin by saying I was born and raised here in Palm Beach County. I was fortunate enough to have parents that were able to send me to private school. The same level of education I received in the private school sector , my children are now receiving @ The Academy for Positive Learning due to the efforts of the principal Renatta Espinosa.What principal offers every parent access to her cell phone anytime of the day or night ? In conclusion, this institution offers my children a future,well-being, mental stability and a safe haven.

Posted June 10, 2013

My daughter attended A4PL for 3 years! She recently graduated from 8th grade on the B Honor Roll! I am so pleased with the young lady she is becoming. Kudos to Mrs. Espinoza and her staff for a job well done! This little school focuses on educating the whole child! Children are encouraged to be themselves and given all opportunities to excel academically and socially. I'm sorry they don't go to the 12th grade! I encourage any parent who is looking for a safe, loving environment to visit this GREAT school.

Posted June 10, 2013

Both of my daughters have and are currently attending this school. The staff and teachers are wonderful. The Principal, Mrs. Espinoza is an excellent educater and has always helped out or addressed any issue in a timely manner.

Posted June 10, 2013

I have 3 children that attend this school. It has been the best decision I have ever made to put them in this school. They have been going there for 2 years, this will be their 3rd year coming up. One of my kids were falling behind in the public school they were attending before AFPL, she didn't receive the help she needed.The minute I enrolled her into AFPL, Ms. Espinoza went above and beyond to provide the extra care that she needed to excel. She saw right away by watching and going thru her work that she needed extra help. Instead of being behind in class she is now on track and excelling above and beyond. She not only can see when help is needed but also when they need to be challenged. I have two others who need to be challenged because they get bored to easily, they are above their grade level. AFPL is a great school and they will continue to attend. This is also the only school that I know of where I can call/text/email the principle personally and not have to go thru twenty people, and she responds right away. The teachers have personal emails as well and they are just as quick to respond. I just wish it extended to highschool. Thank you AFPL for another great year!

Posted June 10, 2013

ACADEMY FOR POSITIVE LEARNING, was the best school choice that i made for my daughter who now attends. before coming to AFPL my daughter was not doing so well academically, my daughter has been an honor roll student for the last 2yrs, and i first owe all praises to God and secondly to Mrs. Espinoza and her wonderful , dedicated and hard working staff. Mrs Espinoza's unique style, has gained the respect from her students, staff and parents. over the last 2yrs i have witnessed the love that the students have for Mrs. Espinoza and the love that she has for each of them. she loves and cares for the students as if they are her own...if there is any issue that i ever had, i brought it to Mrs. Espinoza's attention and she dealt with it, she is a principal of her word, down to the NO BULLYING policy....The teachers at AFPL are the BEST , all that the teachers have in them academically they pour into the students.(technique, tool etc..) AFPL is a highly recommended school of choice..

Posted June 9, 2013

I have two children at this school. I have only positive things to say about the teachers and the principal. The teachers have the students write their projects and daily homework down each day in their agendas; the paren's have to sign it each day. I always knew when homework was due. The principal exceeded my expectations and is extremely caring. She gave my children the opportunity to have extracurricular activities such as a Marathon club, Art class, and she even had the Palm Beach Zoo come to teach them about animals. This school is wonderful for students who are eager to learn...it is a positive learning environment. I never have to worry that my children are not getting a quality education because the teachers keep in contact with the parents and work with your children to help develop their weaknesses into strengths. Thus, my children have improved their reading skills and have had opportunities that regular public school could never provide.

Posted June 9, 2013

Academy for Positive Learning is a unique family-friendly orientated school. Constant growth in student academic achievement is visible and well promoted. Students at this school show their pride and sense of belonging by forming part of all the multiple enrichment programs present through the year. Lake Worth community is highly involved with the school. This school is considered one of the best in meeting students individual learning styles, and supports the constructive approach across all grade levels. My experiences at Academy for Positive Learning are treasured and valued with great tribute. Real-world learning opportunities for all students are best found in this school. Trips to different countries is one of the most unique and memorable experiences a child can live. This school has traveled to Florida's best parks, museums, aquariums, games, and theaters, but it has gone beyond, students here have the option to travel to the exterior. Yes! This school travels to many states, and countries that will ensure to make a positive difference in the life of their children. I will never forget our school visit to Costa Rica. Become part of AFPL's family, today!
—Submitted by a teacher

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

15 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

15 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

14 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

14 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

19 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

20 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

13 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

• MRS. RENATTA ESPINOZA
Fax number
  • (561) 585-7849

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now