132 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

No real teacher is going to be happy in this "school". Calling them a school is like the color purple calling itself yellow. I am sure there are very few people who would enjoy working here. Which is why Ms Es family and young kids run the majority of this place.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school develops one thing: A loose wallet. It's all about the money! They are winging this entire "school". All of their "positive" reviews come from the minor students! And most likely parents who work here.

This school is a complete joke. Students are pulled from class to throw out garbage. Not everyone is English speaking. There are young kids who handle the paperwork to sign up. When you have questions they have to go ask an adult for the answers as they don't even know! The local dollar stores are more professional and organized than this penny pinching, money sucking, school!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They are always wanting you to do better and go above and beyond so that you can be intelligent and succeed in life and school- current student

Amount of homework: Agree

There is never too much or not enough homework the school knows what it's doing - current student

This school is the best it helped me academically in reading when I was falling behind i am now above my grade level all to this school. - current student

Develops character: Strongly agree

You can tell anyone anything and they won't judge or tell anyone else ,unless it's really important 3 years I have been going to this school I know what I'm talking about when this school is amazing

Amount of homework: no rating

I didn't leave my kids in this school long enough to find out anything about homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I feel this school instills fear into the students. I had seen a teacher asking a very young child (maybe Kindergarten/1st grade age) to put trash in the pail and the Principal yelled at the little girl to sit down. The communication there was very lacking and the child suffered for doing what she was told.

I gave Academy For Positive Learning 1 star because I couldn't give it 0 Stars. I thought this school would be great compared to our local public schools. I heard it was an A school from the principal and figured it would be great for my kids. However, there were many incidences in the few days my children attended. One, upon picking my children up after their first day I heard the Principal yelling at a student from outside of the doors. "Tough love" a staff member called this when I asked if she regularly spoke this way to the students. I call it abusive tones and she is lucky that wasn't my child. Two, there is a preventative for Lice that needs to be applied. I thought this was a great idea considering the school just had lice issues months before. Figured the school nurse would apply this treatment that I HAD to pay for. Well, no. I found out the hard way the following day that Academy for Positive learning does NOT have a school nurse. My daughter had a rash on her body and was feeling poorly. She had told one of their staff that she did not feel well and was suffering from a rash. She was given an Ice Pack from the cafeteria and sent back to class. Well, when I confronted the school I was informed that there is no school nurse and that the staff member my child was speaking to didn't understand her because she is Spanish speaking only. Yes, that is comforting. My child suffered through an entire day in a new school and the one person she told -didn't speak English. Disgusting and inexcusable. If I wasn't corrected, I would have thought that this school was just started a year ago. But it wasn't. It's established for 10 years now and they still don't have their stuff together. They don't even have money to pay for a school nurse?!? Save your time and your money. This school is only around to make money and doesn't care about your child's best interest.

Last modified Academy For Positive Learning is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.