Posted August 04, 2014
This is my second year in this school , in the beginning I was afraid that my son would not fit in but he is very happy .Mrs E is a awesome principal the students respects her .The teachers are great they go above and beyond for their students .I have no regrets as parents if we want the best for our children and get the most out the school principal and teachers we have to do our part

Posted July 23, 2014
I'm glad that I enrolled my children in Academy For Positive Learning, I was afraid that my children will be nervous coming to this school and trying to make friends. But after the first month here, they are very happy in coming here and become very open to people. The Principal and the teacher i've meet were very kind and focus on the job in educating the students. It a great school, and it try hard in trying to be the best.

Posted July 22, 2014
My grandchildren went to this school. When they first enrolled the students were attending classes in trailers. We was told that would only be until Christmas vacation ended it will be three years in Sept of this year. The students are still in trailers. They did build a "NEW" office for the Principal though. Thank God they no longer attend. In my 66 years I have never seen such a poorly run school. I cannot believe they was ever granted a charter.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 05, 2014
Do not trust the reviews I went to this school one year "eighth grade" and my reading FCAT scores were 4 and 5 all my life with that one year I went down from a five to a four I'm now a student at boynton beach community high school and this school is better even though some of the bad rep it's had is still true I'd rather go here then back to that school my mom had worked there and she came home crying everyday wishing should could give me and my brother a good life but with the salary she was getting we would be lucky to live from payment to payment. This school is terrible your safer sending your kids to a public school.

Posted May 05, 2014
If you really love your kids and want them to succeed in life, then play a more active role in their academic as well as their home lives. I am the proud mother of a kindergartener and 5th grader at A4PL. During the second semester my son's grades began to slip and his teachers requested a conference immediately. I am happy to say that my emails are returned promptly, as are any notes that I write on my children's agenda. My daughter reads at an above grade level and my son's grades have made a complete turnaround. I have had the opportunity to speak with and observe Principal Espinoza on many occasions. It takes a person with a strong character, extreme dedication, and passion to have accomplished what has been done thus far with A4PL. Mrs. Espinoza has shown just that. Parents need to show the same character, dedication, and passion for their child's academic progress as well. No school is perfect, but it takes parental, teacher, and student involvement to strive to make it the best that it could be. I am proud to be an A4PL parent. As a responsible parent, I'd rather be a part of the solution, instead of venting my frustrations anonymously on a review board. Go A4PL!

Posted May 05, 2014
I am glad that I was enrolled into Academy For Positive Learning by my parents when I was younger. I was the award type who didn't like to socialize with people and was very nervous coming to this school. But after meeting the Principal, teachers, and classmates, I really did open up and glad that I came here. Even after graduating, I still come by over the school just to visit and see how the principal is doing and like to volunteer to help out. Dont get me wrong parents, this is not the perfect school your hoping for, but no school is ever perfect . But it is one of those school of being very great for your children to go. I remember the filed trips, activities, and extra curricular I had in the school. I really Love this school for making me the person I have become today and very grateful for the teacher, classmates, and the Principal for my education.

Academy For Positive Learning 4

Posted December 15, 2013
You get what you put into it. Ms. E. tries to give her students a huge experience from a small school. She works constantly to give her students great opportunities as they move forward. She always has time to answer your questions, My child continues to do well at AFPL and loves the school. Be involved - be successful.

Posted December 04, 2013
Academy for Positive Learning is constructed by the interests and needs of students. Students interests is very well managedan outstanding perspective... At A4PL students discover understandings and potentials that drive their success in new fields of education yet to come. As a parent I would not doubt of the effectiveness or sucess my kids can achieve in this safe one on one type of learning experience. Teachers do work hard and the principal gives her life to education.

Academy For Positive Learning 3

Posted October 10, 2013
I liked the staff at the school,but I was one of those "not-so-popular" kids who wasn't the best.So of course some of the students can make school there the worst years of your life,but i do recommend it,not 100% because they just got all new staff and removed their 2 best teachers,but a 4/5

Posted October 10, 2013
Do not be fooled by these reviews and stay away! Some of the teachers are excellent but do not last. There have been several mass exodus here where the teachers go to (another charter) school where they are supported by the leadership of the school.
3 people found this helpful

Academy For Positive Learning
1200 North Dixie Highway, Lake Worth, FL  33460
Last modified Academy For Positive Learning is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy For Positive Learning Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top