132 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 02, 2016
Upon removing my children the Principal started telling me that the school I chose instead of theirs was a "D" school. Which was NOT true. It's an A+ school. She tried pulling this on me when I met with them the first day and wasn't going to sign up with them. "Well those schools are F schools..." Worked once, lady. I did my research and asked around and I'm quite bothered that you lied to me, and I'm quite bothered that my child had to suffer an entire day with a full body rash and they did nothing to help her. Thank you for making the decision very easy for me!

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted February 02, 2016
I didn't leave my kids in this school long enough to find out anything about homework.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 02, 2016
The Principal herself isn't empathetic, compassionate, caring, or anything positive. Which is quite ironic. "Positive learning"? I strongly question that name.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 02, 2016
I feel this school instills fear into the students. I had seen a teacher asking a very young child (maybe Kindergarten/1st grade age) to put trash in the pail and the Principal yelled at the little girl to sit down. The communication there was very lacking and the child suffered for doing what she was told.

Academy For Positive Learning 1

Posted February 02, 2016
I gave Academy For Positive Learning 1 star because I couldn't give it 0 Stars. I thought this school would be great compared to our local public schools. I heard it was an A school from the principal and figured it would be great for my kids. However, there were many incidences in the few days my children attended. One, upon picking my children up after their first day I heard the Principal yelling at a student from outside of the doors. "Tough love" a staff member called this when I asked if she regularly spoke this way to the students. I call it abusive tones and she is lucky that wasn't my child. Two, there is a preventative for Lice that needs to be applied. I thought this was a great idea considering the school just had lice issues months before. Figured the school nurse would apply this treatment that I HAD to pay for. Well, no. I found out the hard way the following day that Academy for Positive learning does NOT have a school nurse. My daughter had a rash on her body and was feeling poorly. She had told one of their staff that she did not feel well and was suffering from a rash. She was given an Ice Pack from the cafeteria and sent back to class. Well, when I confronted the school I was informed that there is no school nurse and that the staff member my child was speaking to didn't understand her because she is Spanish speaking only. Yes, that is comforting. My child suffered through an entire day in a new school and the one person she told -didn't speak English. Disgusting and inexcusable. If I wasn't corrected, I would have thought that this school was just started a year ago. But it wasn't. It's established for 10 years now and they still don't have their stuff together. They don't even have money to pay for a school nurse?!? Save your time and your money. This school is only around to make money and doesn't care about your child's best interest.

Academy For Positive Learning 4

Posted June 01, 2015
Great staff. Just wish they had some grass for P.E. and a playground. My daughter has excelled there. They are renovating the school so it's getting better.

Posted January 25, 2015
Great school my son love it , the teachers are great with the kids Mrs E is big on higher education.

Posted July 23, 2014
This school is one of the best it helped my little girl get through some rough times and also academically it improved her learning.

Posted July 23, 2014
I'm glad that I enrolled my children in Academy For Positive Learning, I was afraid that my children will be nervous coming to this school and trying to make friends. But after the first month here, they are very happy in coming here and become very open to people. The Principal and the teacher i've meet were very kind and focus on the job in educating the students. It a great school, and it try hard in trying to be the best.

Academy For Positive Learning 1

Posted July 22, 2014
My grandchildren went to this school. When they first enrolled the students were attending classes in trailers. We was told that would only be until Christmas vacation ended it will be three years in Sept of this year. The students are still in trailers. They did build a "NEW" office for the Principal though. Thank God they no longer attend. In my 66 years I have never seen such a poorly run school. I cannot believe they was ever granted a charter.

1200 North Dixie Highway, Lake Worth, FL  33460
Last modified Academy For Positive Learning is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy For Positive Learning Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top