Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amazing school!!! My son has attended 11th grade and is currently a senior there. All staff members are wonderful. I love how they keep their students engaged in education. If I have any questions and email the teachers, they respond quickly. Overall it is a great school. My son enjoyed his time at Park Vista and is looking forward graduation and attending college. - a parent

Everyone has their cliques and groups. No idiosyncrasy is present- almost everyone dresses the same- MK bags, sky blue jeans, expensive shoes and sandals, polos, Sperrys, keds, toms, leggings, ironed thin hair, on bad days messy buns and sweat pants. And black girls need to be treated with more respect. Some to most of the students are very snobby, disrespectful to other students and teachers, ungrateful. In the end, this schools has a great education system, but the social life amongs students is just poor. Friendships are made and held with fake 2 faced kids. In the end you just have to find the crowed you fit in with and trust me you'll find it. Like mentioned earlier everyone has their groups they fit in.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most but not all of the teacher's have experience in teaching their student's. Some teacher's have a better way of teaching their material then others and some of the teachers have what it takes to reach their students effectively.

Amount of homework: Disagree

But the amount of work you have depends on the courses your are taking and their rigor

So focused on the students and their quality of education! Tries so diligently to keep students and parents informed and involved!

I transferred here from the IB program in Atlantic High School and compared to Atlantic this school is HORRIBLE. this school has little options (such as classes and electives) for students like me. They also transferred me to regular classes so I went from IB to regular. This school is way way WAY too crowded for me. The students are THE most disrespectful kids I have ever met in my life. The guidance counselors offer no guidance like they are supposed to. If I can give this school 0 stars, I would.

We just moved to FL from out of state and chose a home based on the proximity to "good" schools. I'm afraid we have yet to be impressed with Park Vista. They decided to let all 3000 students share the same lunch period this year, which means there's no place for students to sit and eat, except on the ground with the ants. My calls to the school concerning this and another issue were never returned. My child is in an Honors Language Arts class where the teacher talks about assorted topics which may or may not have to do with what they are supposed to be learning. Dress code is not enforced. The athletics programs are good, which is the only positive my child talks about. Apparently the bar is set pretty low in FL for educating our children. Don't our children deserve better? I'm hoping to have a better impression of the school by the end of the year. If not, we will likely be moving our child to another school.

your school has attained national recognition because of the two little unapologetic upper class appearing cretins ... uh, i mean darling little sweethearts that stole money from the little girl scout who was selling cookies. bad enough that they did it, but posting a video and mugging for a photographer where they basically brag about it and were upset that they ''didn't even get to keep the money''. we're not talking about underprivledged kids from low income homes here either. ''we saw that money and it was ours''. they needed it to put gas in her car or buy a new cellphone? sounds horrible enoght, but after they were taken out of school by the police THEY WENT TO THE PLACE THE 9 YEAR OLD WAS AND STOOD TEN FEET AWAY AND TAUNTED HER WHILE THEY SWIGGED THEIR STARBUCKS... i hope the judge see the video and throws the book at them and this gets put on their school transcript so the college they apply to can see what they're accepting with these two little darlings. i wouldn't be surprised to see this happen in watts, or east LA or harlem, but i guess palm beach is raising it's own brand of arrogant little suburban trash. how'd ya like for your son to take her to the prom...

My daughter is a sophmore in this school and I had high hopes after a mediocre education at Manatee Elementary and Christa McAuliffe Middle School. Unfortunately, the school is a huge disappointment and my daughter hates it. The school is way too crowded since they accept everyone who applies. Drop off in the mornings and pick up in the afternoons is a nightmare. The teachers are horrendous, many of them absent a ridiculous amount of time and sharing highly inappropriate personal information with their students and often show movies in class having nothing to do with the subject matter. Students are disruptive in class and most teachers have no idea or no interest in taking control of their classrooms. If I had another child entering any of the schools that my daughter has attended so far, I would put that child in a private school at any cost.

Agree with the last parent. School is run like a prison. There is no respect for students. Some of the rules are ridiculous. My child is an "A" student with good conduct and is miserable. The administrators don't care and good luck getting to speak with the principal. The assistant principals will tell you they don't make the rules. The receptionist at the front desk is awful. We will be taking our child out next year even if she has to be home schooled. She has been in public school/ gifted programs her entire time at school and been very happy and successful. This school is horrible. If you are a parent and child who care about grades and education then this is not the school for you. There are a few great teachers but overall we are not impressed.

Last modified Park Vista Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.