Lakeland, FL
Students enrolled: 2,034

Posted August 24, 2013
My son is a senior at LHS and has received a very good education at this High school. He has had the opportunity to take many AP classes that are not offered at other high schools . He has also been very involved in extracurricular activities. He marched in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in New York last year and represented the LHS Band proudly. He has never been bullied or felt unsafe at LHS. The teachers are involved and efficient at their jobs. As we prepare for college our family credits the staff and faculty of LHS for giving our son a well rounded education and an abundance of opportunities to grow and mature as a responsible young man. LHS has both a great academic record and an excellent sports program. The majority of students that attend here are very happy at this school and are offered a wide variety and range of both classes and sports venues to be involved with. The alumni are also very active and proud of being Dreadnaughst! Many of whom, are serving their community, state and country in very distinguished positions. I want to wish the class of 2014 a wonderful journey as they end their high school years and prepare for their adult life. Go Naughts!!!

Lakeland Senior High School 1

Posted February 26, 2012
This school is not safe. Read in any paper for details. Some staff seems to have a blind eye. Our daughter went there a few short weeks before we had to put her in another school. Fights and disrespect are rampant. The Harrison students are bullied daily. Look somewhere else, in my opiinion.

Posted January 26, 2010
My son does not ave to worry aboutpeople starting fights....

Lakeland Senior High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Education and sports are combined with an excellent teaching staff.

Posted September 16, 2009
Two of my children went to this school I was very pleased at the way this school was run

Posted March 30, 2009
I have two daughters that graduated from Harrison School for the Arts which is connected to Lakeland High School. Harrison students receive their general education classes from Lakeland's teachers and their arts education classes remain separate. Most of the Harrison students are in Honors or AP classes at Lakeland and the teachers are fantastic. Lakeland and Harrison have two completely separate administration, staff and teachers that operate the school. Harrison is a Polk County wide school of and the students must audition as well as maintain a certain GPA and adhere to the guideline of the student's arts discipline. The students of Harrison are very motivated and around 70% of the students are in the National Honors Society. To fin out more about Harrison log on to their website at www.HarrisonArts.com.

Lakeland Senior High School 2

Posted December 28, 2008
They used to have some good teachers, not many though. The school itself is trashy and old compared to other area schools. I managed to graduate from this school though.

Posted September 10, 2008
My daughter graduated from LHS in 2007. I am a teacher at another high school in town, but this is our zoned school. My daughter had excellent teachers at LHS and was involved in many school activities. She played in the band for 4 years and was extremely happy at Lakeland! She traveled to many state championship games and other performances representing her high school. She now attends Stetson University an credits LHS for the well rounded education that she received. She took many college prep classes at LHS, including Latin which is offered at very few high schools. Our family is greatful to all the hardworking LHS teachers that made our daughters four year journey at LHS so memorable. Go Naughts!

Posted June 05, 2008
i graduated about a year ago and after viewing the other comments I have come to a conclusion. WIth any school there will be pros and cons. It all depends on what you put into it. If your child is more quiet and to thereselves then of course they wont like it but if they are out going and want to learn new things and gain friends then they will have fun. Over the course of the four years I went to LHS I had a great time and as stated with the 4 by 4 schedule it allows to have more elective classes to chose from. When it comes to football of course there will be alot of support. The football team had over half of their players with at least a 3.0

Posted April 14, 2008

Lakeland Senior High School
726 Hollingsworth Road, Lakeland, FL  33801
Last modified Lakeland Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeland Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top