528 students|Polk

Bad
Good

My children started out at Scott Lake elementary and I was so disappointed. They wanted me to pull out my kindergarten child because he was not "up to the school standards" for this grade. My son has a speech impairment and some behavior issues. Instead of turning us away. The principal welcomed us and just said he might have to repeat kindergarten and I suspected that anyway,but she at least gave me that option. This ENTIRE staff body is phenominal. The principal and vice principal know the kids and call them by name. If there is ever a problem all I have to do is pick up the phone and call them. The teachers genuinely care about the kids. This is not just a pay check for any of them. They truly have your child's best interest at heart. Our volunteers are the best in polk county . Our parents and caregivers pull together to make our school the best it can be. We are not zoned for this school. I sought out this school becuase of the speech therepist and have never been dissapointed with my decision. Excellent school. Caring staff that encourages student growth,

This School used to be very nice. My 4th grader has been telling me that the school is now full of anger management kids. I decided to pull her out when she came home with 2 black eyes and the principal did NOTHING.

This school used to be great. As soon as 2011 came in the school went downhill and they were a mess. My son came home crying claiming that kids were bullying him.I am just glad he moved on to middle school.

I think this an excellent school. My children love the principal and their teacher

My daughter teachers 2nd grade at Carlton Palmore and she loves it there. When you walk in the front door you get a warm feeling from each and every staff member from the Principal, Lori Morrison, down to the custodial staff. It is just a great school!

My two boys went to this school for 1st and 4th grade, both love it. I absolutly loved both of their teachers and had great communication with the teachers as well. We are moving, but I am going to drive them back to this school next year so I know my kids will get a great education. It's worth it!

Mrs. Morrison is an outstanding principal and has gone to bat for my son with special needs. We feel fortunate to have her on our side. She is very proactive in seeking solutions and we are pleased to be a part of this school.

This is an A+ school in my view. Ms. Morrison and her staff do an excellent job. My daughter graduated there in 2004 and my two boys ages 9 and 7 are currently enrolled. First class operation for sure.

I think the school is a very nice school. My daugher has been attended the school for 3 years.The school could certainly use some assist class room help. The classes have a minimum of 20 or more students. The teacher cannot do it alone when some may need a little extra help. They can only fit in a certain amount of students in the afterschool programs because of lack of help.They do have interns but not for the whole school year. I alos think the homework can be a bit much.

Last modified Carlton Palmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.