712 students|Polk

Bad
Good

I am a student and been going hear sens k I'm now going to 5th my name is Miranda Perez love this school but I'll be out soon I'll be sad to

The boys will have completed their first year at this school in 2 days. I am extremely satisfied with how they did with my kids overall. I do believe a lot is expected of teachers, maybe two much but the staff at Combee delivers. I sent my children to a private school nearby and Combee out performed that school hands down. My children are good kids, smart, but not perfect students. They have everything they need to succeed from this school. Thank you Ms. Ives, Ms. Henderson, and Ms. Farrens. Also a huge thank you to the caring staff that is too numerous to name. Looking forward to seeing you all next year.

This school is absolutely horrible if your child is zoned for this school MOVE! That's how awful it is.

my granddaughter goes to this school. the teachers are great and so is the staff. they are willing to do what it takes to help students

I love Combee my son is now 7 going on 8 into 2nd grade great teachers!!! Straite A's

My son has been in this school since grade 1 (he is now in 5th grade). The school has come a long way from when my son first started. There is a new principal and the teachers are always there to help you with anything. They offer tutoring programs (my son used this a lot last year for the Writing) and this year they seem to have a focus on technology. I hope to find a school with a staff as dedicated as this one in middle school. If you have avid readers, your kids will love their classrooms! They have many books although I wish they had more in the school library.

Combee is heading the right way and that is because of the great leadership of our principal as well as my coworkers. We also have many parents who take an active role which is very helpful. I have worked in other schools, and overall I have to admit that the staff is great (both socially and academically). The school went from a C to a B and I am sure that we will achieve an A in 2008. There is this pride within the staff to excel and in the end, the children are the ones to benefit from this.

I have three children that go to Combee Elementary. The teachers are great. They were going to another school which is supposed to be one of the best in Lakeland. One of my daughters did not know how to spell her name or much less write any of her ABCs's. When we moved and they came to Combee in January, she can spell her full name, gets up in front of the class and reads, and knows all of her alphabet and can write them. So as for the teachers they are the best. But I do admit that the ladies in the office need to find another line of work.

Combee is a great school! The teachers care about their students and go the extra mile to help them achieve. It is really sad when parents would rather toss blame on people who are trying to help, instead of taking responsibility for their child's misbehavior and working with the teachers to help correct it. I think it is amazing that the teachers continue to do all that they do while having to deal with these types of parents. I have two children at Combee and I guarantee you could find better teachers at any privet school.

Last modified Combee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.