Crystal Lake Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 528 students

Sweep tile

Posted July 3, 2013

they seem alright they seem to have a high standard of learning i do wish they started at 8:30 so my k daughter wouldnt cry in the morning

Posted March 7, 2012

My child attends this school and has had nothing but problems from the very start. We moved here 8 months ago and she has been bullied from day ONE. I have begged for help from the principal and even going as far as speaking with the local sheriff and I have gotten NO results. The school has even told my child to fight back. I do not agree with that , fight fire with fire. What school teaches this to there students? When she started this school we signed a NO bullying contract and it's suppose to be a no tolorance county. But as far as I can see that paper was a wasted tree cause it means nothing. My option is this school needs to be revised by the school borad and a new principal needs to be in place.

Posted February 13, 2012

The Dept. of Education needs to put this school under a microscope! My son attended this school and struggled for years I asked for help to find out why and they could not tell me all they said was he didn't have any problem, we moved out of state & upon arrival his new school within a month found he had Dyslexia! If it wasn't for his new school and getting him the assistance he needed he would never have been in the U.S. achievement academy of Whose who 4 yrs in a row! He makes honor grades now and entered HS with more than enough credits that he will be able to get his diploma and his associates at the same time! He is studying to become a Dr. Crystal Lake Elementary does need to be shut down if this was yrs ago and it still is having issues something is wrong! I remember even the faculty in the office was rude not helpful and it seemed they cared a less about the students all they were there for was a paycheck. It should be every parents Red Flag knowing what they are about to do to their child's future registering them in that school!

Posted November 9, 2009

My grand child is new to this school and has had a very positive experience. She looks forward to going and is making good progress. Her parents both work so my husband and I help her with homework and help get her to and from school. We have noticed a caring atmosphere and appreciate the organization that makes things easier for everyone.

Posted October 3, 2009

The children who attend Crystal Lake Elementary School are amazing! Despite all the obstacles in their worlds, they show up, every day, hungry to learn and be loved. They were my inspiration to show up, every day, when I was battling Cancer, chemotherapy and radiation. So, wearing hats, to cover my baldness, and a mask, to prevent fatal complications, the children healed me with their compassion, gentleness and Love! Even the most challenging students comforted me 'closed ranks' around me, when my pain overwhelmed me! They were all my band of angels.

Posted May 1, 2009

this school is doing good My son is doing good even after he has had a lot of drma in his life the past year but school has help him thru all this and his grades are good

Posted January 29, 2008

First half of year, hardly any homework. Enter Christmas break - a month's worth of homework, including a math workbook full of problems the students have never seen. Since Christmas break, 2 hours of homework every night. Never saw a math book brought home until we asked for it. Maybe if they would have them do a little math and a little reading every day, from the textbooks, starting at the beginning of the year, they wouldn't have to try to cram it all in now.

Posted December 19, 2007

I feel that in this school's sad attempt to be the best, which they are far from, they've forgotten what it is to be a child. No more Christmas breaks to spend time with your family. Extra homework is now the reason for the season. I can understand as well as anyone how important tough academics is, but these are still children.

Posted September 14, 2006

This school is now why my son does not like school. The school rules are changed on a weekly basis and they wonder why kids don't do what they are suppose to they don't know what they are doing. I have seen many cases of bullying. I am a very active parent when it comes to my kids education and every time I dealt with the administration it was nothing but a battle. If any one has an option get on a waiting list for another school.

Posted March 27, 2006

I feel this school is in need of a lot of help. My daughter is a straight a student here. There is quite a bit of bulling going on. Which hasn't been taken care of. I feel that most of the teachers are pretty good, but some are not. I ask every year to make sure that the teachers will give the students their work back so I know how she is doing through-out the 9 week period. This is a challenge to get this done. And most importantly is the child drop off and pick up. This school is the worst in town for drop-offs. I feel like it needs some major construction.

Posted March 5, 2006

My step-daughter attended this school in 5th grade. I was so disapointed with this school. With the exception of the music department I found this school complete lacking.

Posted March 5, 2005

I moved to Florida from Michigan a little over 2 years ago and have had my son in this school for a year. He has always been an A-B student and within the past year has gone down to a D in one study! As soon as he started in this school we began dealing with numerous bully's who continue to not be dealt with. My son is a very caring, compassionate child who is not violent. This year alone i have been to and called the school concerning my sons safety over 10 times without resolution. I too never recieved a return phone called from the principle and eventually had to go through other venues to handle this matter including law enforcement. There is a complete lack of discipline, authority, and caring at this school. My son and i are ecstatic about moving to Lake Alfred.

Posted June 5, 2004

I've had my children at Crystal Lake for two years now. I've had no faculty support from anyone. I've tried getting in contact with at least one of the principals, but neither would get back to me. I've heard stories from my son about students hurting others and they are still allowed to roam school halls. This school has no discipline whatsoever. I recently found out that Crystal Lake is getting a new principal. Maybe that's a good thing, but I will not put my children with students who are violent next year. This school needs to be shut down!

Posted June 5, 2004

I can't wait to enroll my children at another school! My daughter came home everyday crying because of other kids in first grade who were beating up other kids and still being allowed to come to school. I've tried many times to get in touch with the principals who would never return my calls. I met with my daughter's teacher a few times, but I felt it did not get us anywhere. My daughter has several learning disablities and I feel she did not get the help she desperately deserves. My son in Kindergarten is a good student. The school did nothing when an older boy attacked him on the PE field and gave him a severely fractured arm. Even with a new principal coming to the school, I don't think there is anything to bring that school back to what it was when I attended 20 years ago!

Posted April 7, 2004

My children have done very well at CLES. They have been going there for 2 years both have A's & B'S. The teachers that I have dealt with are wonderful caring people and great teachers! I feel the major problem is discipline. A teacher has to go through 7 steps before a referal can be sent to the office. Thats where the ball gets dropped. The teachers hands are tied where discipline is concerned.

Posted February 15, 2004

Teachers do nothing about a child threatening another child. Clinic personnel are not qualified for their positions. Not enough special help for children with special needs. I took my child out of this school and put him in an adhd school which is a charter school and we the teacher and I have seen progress in him in 3 weeks he has been going there after 2 years in kindergarten at CLES. Goes to show you what can happen when a school helps children with special needs. I've had nothing but problems out of this school with 2 of my children for 3 years. When you have a problem you see the assistant principal and he never returns your calls and you never see the principal unless it's a PTA meeting. Overall I think the education they get is nothing compared to what they need. This school wants the parents to give the children their education not the teachers. Over all the school has gone downhill since my daughter started there in 1997. I have another daughter starting school in 2006 and I will do everything in my power to send her to another school.

Posted October 29, 2003

I feel that the teachers don't take the necessary time they need and help the students that need extra help. There is no teacher communication. Students bullying other students and the teachers don't do anything about it.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

64 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

63 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

• Mr. Joseph Griffin,jr
Fax number
  • (863) 603-6329

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now