Posted October 30, 2014
This school is great! My daughter loves her teachers and the principal which is rare that student can identify the administration. She is only in Kindergarten but I can tell that she is learning how to be a great writer. They have great activities for families to become involved with the educational process. We walk to school and it is the Principal who "guards" or greets students first thing in the morning when they are headed to breakfast and the Assistant Principal who greets the Kindergartners. I live just down the street and routinely see the principal's car there well past seven each night. The entire staff is dedicated and they always wear smiles as an accessory.

Dixieland Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2013
I wrote a review about my concern about the school security but I must say that my second child is a kindergardener there and is learning a lot! And the staff seem to be on point. So far I'm very pleased.

Dixieland Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2013
My son was a student there and it was terrible!! My son's teacher was a first year teacher who let the classroom run wild. My son learned nothing this year, except for white get bullied. My son was one of three white children in his class, and was picked on daily. There is no playground for the school or safe outside area. The children play outside at a public park with almost no supervision. The principal doesn't care at all. Talked to her several times, and she had no solutions, and never looked into my son's bullies. I was so afraid he was going to be behind, so I had to do supplement him so he would learn something this year. They don't care if your child learns or not. I am homeschooling next year, I can't do any worse than they are doing.

Posted January 18, 2012
I love this school! My daughter has been attending now for 2 years and absolutely loves it. The teachers don't just teach, but they instill good moral principles into the students through genuine love and respect. The staff is very approachable and have always been eager to address any concerns I've had. Id like to move out of Lakeland one day but not until all 3 of mine are through with elementary school. You don't find schools like this anymore.

Posted June 12, 2011
I am Vonshear Adams IV mother and I believe my child has been doing really good in this school and I really appericate whatyou have done for my child Thank you so much for the great education you have provided for my child

Dixieland Elementary School 1

Posted June 07, 2011
Poor security , they have a big entrance at front , but the kids have to go around the school and every day I can't see if my son enter there or not. Because I am not able to see him... Then after breakfast instead to go to the classroom , kids have to go back outside (park) again . They said there is a teacher around the school watching the kids, well ,one day I parked at the park because I didn't see anybody , and yes there was not anybody watching the kids, i went back to the school front and I told a lady and she said , oo ok I ll call the office so they can send somebody... NO SECURITY

Dixieland Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
i love this school it has a great location with great teachers and staff and a great principle we love dixieland elementary

Posted October 04, 2009
We moved last year to Texas and a new school didstrict. We researched the local area and chose a house in the area ofwhat was listed as an exemplary school . We are now in the process of moving our family back to Florida because we miss Dixieland so much. It is an amazing school, with amazing teachers and an amazing administrative staff. This school should be a model for all other schools in my opinion.

Posted May 04, 2008
I love it. It's the best school ever. Dixieland Elementary has the best teachers and staff, and the Dixie chicks it in the kitchen cook the best food ever. I am proud to work there.

Posted January 09, 2008

Dixieland Elementary School
416 Ariana Street, Lakeland, FL  33803
Last modified Dixieland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dixieland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top