461 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Nothing is done when you go to the principal or vise principal.Kid can pick hit and send other kids to the hospital and none is done here a few weeks ago a kid was taking to the hospital because another kid pulled the chair out from him and nothing was done to the kid this same kid hit a kid from behind and the kid hit his head on the desk and broke his glasses again nothing was done

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers in this school are leaving left and right I've talked to some of the individual that's left this school and the main reason is the principal

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers do their best but have know backing from the principal

I think this is the worst school anyone could send their kids to.Kids are bullied and nothing is done.Mrs Mulder has know business being in any school.Since she became principal the school has gone down from a A to a C school the teacher are leaving left and right. The kids don't get to do anything fun. They have had kids walk off this campus just walk out the back gate . They have had kids hurt and taken to the Hospital. Everything in this school is just work work work.My 3rd grade comes home with hours of home work to do something she has to stay up late just to get it done I wouldn't send any kid to this school my kids come home every day upset crying my kids mean more to me then that school

I heard great things about this school from previous parents of children who attended here. When moving to Lakeland I was very pleased to see this school on our zoning list. Our daughter attended 2nd grade here and she will not attend next year. We had constant issues with the principle, teacher, and other factuality. There is a major bullying issue at the school and they could care less about the success or well being of the students. Our bright and cheerful child now suffers from lack of confidence. We are fighting to have her moved along to the 3rd grade as this principle believes strongly in retention. Please don't make the mistake we did bringing your child here. The principle is new to this school and possibly the worst thing that could have ever happened for it.

My oldest daughter has been a student at this school from pre k all the way to 5th grade. My youngest is now in 1st..If this review were 3 years ago i would say nothing but wonderful things about the school, staff,and administration however ever since the school changed principals a couple years ago this place is quickly falling apart. the new administration has no connection with students or parents much less the teachers she employs. There is nothing being done about bullying or behavior issues and these students and issues have forced all the quality teachers to go elsewhere. The principal employed at this school has completely changed my opinion of sending my children here. The principal of this school lacks the passion that an administrator should have and seems to only think of her position as a"job". I sent my children to this school by choice as we were not in the zoned area, however with everything going on now i will not be allowing my daughter to return next year. I have overheard several teachers talking between themselves and many unethical things are goung on where it concerns the administration. It is every sad to see this happen to such a once great school deminish this way due to the principal. Almost all of the original teachers have left and if that doesnt speak for its self im not sure what else there is to say.

This school is great! My daughter loves her teachers and the principal which is rare that student can identify the administration. She is only in Kindergarten but I can tell that she is learning how to be a great writer. They have great activities for families to become involved with the educational process. We walk to school and it is the Principal who "guards" or greets students first thing in the morning when they are headed to breakfast and the Assistant Principal who greets the Kindergartners. I live just down the street and routinely see the principal's car there well past seven each night. The entire staff is dedicated and they always wear smiles as an accessory.

I wrote a review about my concern about the school security but I must say that my second child is a kindergardener there and is learning a lot! And the staff seem to be on point. So far I'm very pleased.

My son was a student there and it was terrible!! My son's teacher was a first year teacher who let the classroom run wild. My son learned nothing this year, except for white get bullied. My son was one of three white children in his class, and was picked on daily. There is no playground for the school or safe outside area. The children play outside at a public park with almost no supervision. The principal doesn't care at all. Talked to her several times, and she had no solutions, and never looked into my son's bullies. I was so afraid he was going to be behind, so I had to do supplement him so he would learn something this year. They don't care if your child learns or not. I am homeschooling next year, I can't do any worse than they are doing.

I love this school! My daughter has been attending now for 2 years and absolutely loves it. The teachers don't just teach, but they instill good moral principles into the students through genuine love and respect. The staff is very approachable and have always been eager to address any concerns I've had. Id like to move out of Lakeland one day but not until all 3 of mine are through with elementary school. You don't find schools like this anymore.

Last modified Dixieland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.