461 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I heard great things about this school from previous parents of children who attended here. When moving to Lakeland I was very pleased to see this school on our zoning list. Our daughter attended 2nd grade here and she will not attend next year. We had constant issues with the principle, teacher, and other factuality. There is a major bullying issue at the school and they could care less about the success or well being of the students. Our bright and cheerful child now suffers from lack of confidence. We are fighting to have her moved along to the 3rd grade as this principle believes strongly in retention. Please don't make the mistake we did bringing your child here. The principle is new to this school and possibly the worst thing that could have ever happened for it.

My oldest daughter has been a student at this school from pre k all the way to 5th grade. My youngest is now in 1st..If this review were 3 years ago i would say nothing but wonderful things about the school, staff,and administration however ever since the school changed principals a couple years ago this place is quickly falling apart. the new administration has no connection with students or parents much less the teachers she employs. There is nothing being done about bullying or behavior issues and these students and issues have forced all the quality teachers to go elsewhere. The principal employed at this school has completely changed my opinion of sending my children here. The principal of this school lacks the passion that an administrator should have and seems to only think of her position as a"job". I sent my children to this school by choice as we were not in the zoned area, however with everything going on now i will not be allowing my daughter to return next year. I have overheard several teachers talking between themselves and many unethical things are goung on where it concerns the administration. It is every sad to see this happen to such a once great school deminish this way due to the principal. Almost all of the original teachers have left and if that doesnt speak for its self im not sure what else there is to say.

This school is great! My daughter loves her teachers and the principal which is rare that student can identify the administration. She is only in Kindergarten but I can tell that she is learning how to be a great writer. They have great activities for families to become involved with the educational process. We walk to school and it is the Principal who "guards" or greets students first thing in the morning when they are headed to breakfast and the Assistant Principal who greets the Kindergartners. I live just down the street and routinely see the principal's car there well past seven each night. The entire staff is dedicated and they always wear smiles as an accessory.

I wrote a review about my concern about the school security but I must say that my second child is a kindergardener there and is learning a lot! And the staff seem to be on point. So far I'm very pleased.

My son was a student there and it was terrible!! My son's teacher was a first year teacher who let the classroom run wild. My son learned nothing this year, except for white get bullied. My son was one of three white children in his class, and was picked on daily. There is no playground for the school or safe outside area. The children play outside at a public park with almost no supervision. The principal doesn't care at all. Talked to her several times, and she had no solutions, and never looked into my son's bullies. I was so afraid he was going to be behind, so I had to do supplement him so he would learn something this year. They don't care if your child learns or not. I am homeschooling next year, I can't do any worse than they are doing.

I love this school! My daughter has been attending now for 2 years and absolutely loves it. The teachers don't just teach, but they instill good moral principles into the students through genuine love and respect. The staff is very approachable and have always been eager to address any concerns I've had. Id like to move out of Lakeland one day but not until all 3 of mine are through with elementary school. You don't find schools like this anymore.

I am Vonshear Adams IV mother and I believe my child has been doing really good in this school and I really appericate whatyou have done for my child Thank you so much for the great education you have provided for my child

Poor security , they have a big entrance at front , but the kids have to go around the school and every day I can't see if my son enter there or not. Because I am not able to see him... Then after breakfast instead to go to the classroom , kids have to go back outside (park) again . They said there is a teacher around the school watching the kids, well ,one day I parked at the park because I didn't see anybody , and yes there was not anybody watching the kids, i went back to the school front and I told a lady and she said , oo ok I ll call the office so they can send somebody... NO SECURITY

i love this school it has a great location with great teachers and staff and a great principle we love dixieland elementary

We moved last year to Texas and a new school didstrict. We researched the local area and chose a house in the area ofwhat was listed as an exemplary school . We are now in the process of moving our family back to Florida because we miss Dixieland so much. It is an amazing school, with amazing teachers and an amazing administrative staff. This school should be a model for all other schools in my opinion.

Last modified Dixieland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.