Posted July 17, 2014
I recently found out that Medulla is again a 'C' school. With all the staff changes, it's no wonder! Last year, the principal switched so many teachers around, several couldn't tell me who was teaching certain grades. My children attend Medulla and have had mostly awesome teachers. However, my friend's child had a teacher that was moved to a different grade level and did not have a great year because the she had no clue what she was doing. I heard that the principal moved several teachers from 3rd down to 1st the year before and then to 2nd this year. I also heard that she moved a few kindergarten teachers up to 3rd and 5th. My children will still attend Medulla this coming school year, but I have no idea who their teachers will be or what teaches will be teaching what. I've already heard from several friends that several teachers have left the school because of all the teacher/grade changes the principal is planning. My son was expecting to move up to the next grade with his current teacher, but I just found out she will not be teaching that grade. He is going to be devastated. Apparently, the principal has no respect for her teachers or the students and families.

Medulla Elementary School 4

Posted October 26, 2013
This is A great school Both of my grandson attend there and have been for 4 years. An I myself have been a Volunteer there for 3 years....

Medulla Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2013
Many of the concerns that these reviews are stating could be improved or changed IF we had parental involvement in our schol. We have such little Involvement from parents that Medulla now lacks a PTA/PTO. Without the parents actively trying to help make changes come about, Thngs such as campus safety concerns, creating playgrounds or demanding recess time will never happen. We teachers are rarely listened to, but parents are. So please get more involved in making things happen at "your" school instead of just complaining.

Posted March 05, 2013
Really dislike this school. Recently moved to the Lakeland area for a change but turns out to be the biggest mistake when it comes to putting my child in this school. This school lacks in loving teachers and staff. No playground, let alone no recess. Safety is a big concern of mine at this school, open campus. Something needs to be done with this school!!!

Medulla Elementary School 3

Posted January 11, 2013
My son started going to this school in the 1st grade. He's currently in the 5th grade. It started out amazing, and I believe it was the 2 teachers he had for his 1st through 3rd grades. They got the most out of him, and were very organized, professional, and talented (Mrs Hood & Mrs Borg-Lafay). They got him reading 2 grades above his level. Starting in 4th grade things started to change, and I felt the quality was not the same. The 4th grade teacher seemed disorganized, and whenever we had a P/T conference, she would do all the talking. She was a nice person, but I just don't think she was as good of a teacher as the 1st 2. In 5th grade the kids have multiple teachers, and one of them is truly awful. The relationship between my son and teacher is just toxic, and he's acting out. Our son has been singled out on her "bad" list (an actual list) and she hasn't replied to most of our requests. His reading started to decline in 4th, and his level is now lower than the level he attained in 3rd grade. Also, odd that he has less homework now than he had the first few years. The school is okay, and I just wanted to point out that teachers can have a huge impact on your child.

Medulla Elementary School 5

Posted May 04, 2011
I have been fortunate to have been able to be a parent volunteer at Medulla for the past four years. I have worked with just about every grade level and they are all fantastic teachers. The staff at Medulla put all of their effort into their students wholeheartedly. My two children have had the best education and learning experience that any school could ever have offered. I see some of these reviews and wonder if these people are talking about the same school. These descriptions of Medulla and the teachers are not at all what I have encountered. I spend at least a day and a half at Medulla every week. I help out in all kinds of capacities. I meet many students and parents, and interact with much of the staff. I wonder if angry reviews come from parents who have put as much effort into helping to educate their child as they have writing the review. I know that most of us parents cannot spend days at school interacting with teachers. But take it from someone who is lucky enough to be able to do that the teachers at Medulla Elementary are the finest there are.

Posted April 05, 2011
my son went to this school for a short while every thing the person bleow said is true the principal is the meanst woman you ever saw I think she hates her job or something she is aweful they lose kids at dissmal because it is like goning to a rock concert run away from this school screaming if you are zoned here ask for a transfer to another school not even worth one star zero stars zero!!!!

Posted May 15, 2010
Medulla used to be a wonderful school. Teachers would teach their whole 30 years there. There were never any openings unless someone retired.It was a family. Then they got a new principal and now a new assistant principal.They are ruining a once great school.The teachers are so unhappy.Morale is beyond low.The administration is mean-spirited,has favorites,is not fair,does not respect or value its teachers.They allow the students to run wild.The lunchroom is a zoo.The hallways are race tracks.The childen are out of control and the administration does nothing to support its teachers.Actually they even discourage the teachers from sending students to the office for discipline.They do not want to be bothered.Each year since they have been there the school has progressively gotten worse.We parents will not be surprised if Medulla earns a D this year.Maybe then the District will get rid of them and Medulla will return to its greatness.

Medulla Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Because it's now comprised of affluent but a rainbow group of children. I never hear or see any negative reports eminating from it either from the children or the staff. So I applaud them in these tenuous time.

Medulla Elementary School 5

Posted October 05, 2009
The staff at Medulla does everything in their power to teach these children that come in each and every day. We need technology so desperately and this money could do that for us so these children have what other schools have. This way they have a fighting chance at the world!

Medulla Elementary School
850 Schoolhouse Road, Lakeland, FL  33813
Last modified Medulla Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Medulla Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top