750 students|Polk

Bad
Good

This is a good school. My 6th grader didn't want to leave last year. The teachers work VERY hard and really care about the kids. I volunteer there and have seen the teachers give so much to the kids. The principal is great and works very hard to make it a good school. The staff is friendly and very helpful. If you don't like this school or have heard bad things about it from other people, GO VOLUNTEER and then see what your opinion is then. Your perspective should change. Yes this school may not be in the best area but we are happy there and I can feel good about leaving my kids there knowing that people actually care about them.

This is a great school for children with SPECIAL needs. Ms. Byrd is an excellent teacher and I have observed the others who teach special needs classes are also very good teachers. My daughter has learned to read through their innovative new reading program, which was something we had only dreamed of! I have found everyone to be friendly and helpful. The neighborhood the school is in is not the best, but I have never seen anything to cause alarm. I have rated the parent involvement low based on my experience with the other parents in my child's class.

North Lakeland is wonderful and the Teachers and Staff are Great!!!!!

Very disappointed, staff is unprofessional, and circulum is subpar. My child in kindergarten is bored out of his mind.

PI love North Lakeland Elem I have 3 children there in grades K 2nd and 4th. my kids of all attended there since Pre-k. They love going and we feel confident sending them ther. I work as an adminastrator at a private school so I know what to look for in a quality learning atmosphere and North Lakeland has it all. Great Teachers Amazing Leadership and people who truly care.

This is a great school. I wish I could go here forever!!!!

This school is fantastic. My children love North Lkld Elem. Their staff and teachers are so kind and truly caring. They appreciate and welcome volunteers/parental involvement. They have so many programs in place to help students succeed. I just can't say enough good things about this school and I am so thankful my children have the opportunity to be a part of it!

I have one child attending first grade at this school and I have a few issues w/ it. I have had to have a conference w/ the teacher and principal on how stricked the teacher was being on him. I mean, she treated him like this was military camp and was given him a bad color just for having to speak to him once. But after the meetings, it seems to have gotten a little better. My son also has problems w/ some of the kids there. I would assume it's mostly because the school is in a bad neighborhood and if children have a lack of disciplane at home, they will also mistreat other kids at school. On the other hand, the teachers seem to care about the kids and have a lot of parential involvment. I feel like my son has progressed in learning, so the education is good.

Last modified North Lakeland Elementary School Of Choice is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.