584 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I wish the turn over rate wasn't so high. We have had great teachers though.

I have two students at Lincoln- and we love it. They push the students, but do so in an encouraging and motivating way. The academic bar is higher than other schools (I taught K and 1 at another public school) but it's all my kids know, so it's just normal to them. We feel very lucky to have a place at such a prestigious school.

As a parent of 2 children that have attended Lincoln Avenue Academy since their K year it is imperative the world knows that tucked between Lincoln Avenue and 10th street in tiny little Lakeland, stands a breeding ground for what has been recognized as some of the best teaching and learning in the country. You see as an educator for over 13 years I have had the opportunity to work in 2 counties in the State of Florida in both affluent and impoverished learning communities. However, it wasn't until I became an LAA parent that I have seen such innovation and commitment to preparing children to be well rounded citizens with the ability to meet academic expectations on any "playing field." The success that LAA has realized is not a given. However, it's a daily concert effort of involved parents committed to putting our children first and not our feelings even when their behaviors and grades aren't perfect. Teachers that decide each day that children can and will live up to the expectation that you set. Administration that understands that to be "great" you have to be willing to make tough decisions and go down roads and paths less traveled. We trust the process! Go LAA

My daughter was accepted to this school as a Kindergartner for the 2014-2015 school year. After being treated with such rudeness during the summer "testing" period I decided to send her to my neighborhood school which somehow manages to earn an A year after year when they do not sift through students to get only the best. The staff was disinterested with my questions of what I needed to do so that she could show them what she knows and I was referred to complete additional worksheets. When I explained that my 4 yr old knows her letters and can write them all I am not sure why she is struggling with their test and asked how they can present the information to her, I was accused of wanting to teach her the test. I inquired more that maybe I am missing something when we are working at home and told her what we do was there something more she simply stated with a condescending attitude, yes "complete the worksheets". I knew right then this was not the school for us, when advocating for your child is deemed wanting to teach a test. My daughter is a straight ''A'' student at her elementary school and loves her teacher and principal, proving it was there loss and our gain.

This magnet school student body is primarily made up of the have and the have-nots. The have-nots are legitimately lacking material goods in life and resort to stealing anything not nailed down on campus - anything from food to school supplies to wallets. The haves, meanwhile, definitely believe themselves to be superior but they too lack integrity and character, engaging in mean-girl games and ugliness in the name of competition. The haves believe the rules don't apply to them. When you watch the parents, you understand the children. Most likely, your neighborhood school has a student body with children of better character than this magnet school. There's something about the magnet application process that brings out the worse population. After years of enduring it and helping my child to rise above it, I just want my child to be surrounded with peers of some quality. The academics are great but there's more than that to educating a child.

Being a former student I can say I love this school! The school is one of the top in the nation and stands firm on all rules. As a new mother I can't wait to enroll my child here!!! Reading some other comments I must say that the teachers should not be the only ones educating it must be going on at home as well! Care givers MUST be active just as they were to prepare the child for admission to kindergarten and ALWAYS get proper uniform or you will get a phone call! I Work with my baby every day he knows several body parts and is leArning how to count and knows two basic color and is only 13Months old =')

Great school with very high standards! The academics is very good. Students are well rounded.

Wonderful school based on Academics and learning style. But when it comes to the community service hours, mandatory dates for meetings and mandatory participation, I don't agree with. I'm a single parent with more than just one child and I also work a full-time job. Sometimes I'm unable to make meetings and all my community service hours.

Good school with above average academics. I wish the county would reward their performance with better facilities. Most of the buildings are old, outdated, and honestly dirty. The bathrooms and water fountains are repugnant. The grounds are extremely small. These students and staff deserve better.

worst school never will trust lincoln or lawton chiles they take from all the good students from public schools. if sleepy hill had the students still they would be a least a b

Last modified Lincoln Avenue Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.