Lakeland, FL

Lincoln Avenue Academy 3

Posted October 30, 2014
My daughter was accepted to this school as a Kindergartner for the 2014-2015 school year. After being treated with such rudeness during the summer "testing" period I decided to send her to my neighborhood school which somehow manages to earn an A year after year when they do not sift through students to get only the best. The staff was disinterested with my questions of what I needed to do so that she could show them what she knows and I was referred to complete additional worksheets. When I explained that my 4 yr old knows her letters and can write them all I am not sure why she is struggling with their test and asked how they can present the information to her, I was accused of wanting to teach her the test. I inquired more that maybe I am missing something when we are working at home and told her what we do was there something more she simply stated with a condescending attitude, yes "complete the worksheets". I knew right then this was not the school for us, when advocating for your child is deemed wanting to teach a test. My daughter is a straight ''A'' student at her elementary school and loves her teacher and principal, proving it was there loss and our gain.

Lincoln Avenue Academy 2

Posted October 08, 2014
This magnet school student body is primarily made up of the have and the have-nots. The have-nots are legitimately lacking material goods in life and resort to stealing anything not nailed down on campus - anything from food to school supplies to wallets. The haves, meanwhile, definitely believe themselves to be superior but they too lack integrity and character, engaging in mean-girl games and ugliness in the name of competition. The haves believe the rules don't apply to them. When you watch the parents, you understand the children. Most likely, your neighborhood school has a student body with children of better character than this magnet school. There's something about the magnet application process that brings out the worse population. After years of enduring it and helping my child to rise above it, I just want my child to be surrounded with peers of some quality. The academics are great but there's more than that to educating a child.

Posted August 28, 2014
Being a former student I can say I love this school! The school is one of the top in the nation and stands firm on all rules. As a new mother I can't wait to enroll my child here!!! Reading some other comments I must say that the teachers should not be the only ones educating it must be going on at home as well! Care givers MUST be active just as they were to prepare the child for admission to kindergarten and ALWAYS get proper uniform or you will get a phone call! I Work with my baby every day he knows several body parts and is leArning how to count and knows two basic color and is only 13Months old =')

Posted May 08, 2014
Great school with very high standards! The academics is very good. Students are well rounded.

Lincoln Avenue Academy 3

Posted April 17, 2014
Wonderful school based on Academics and learning style. But when it comes to the community service hours, mandatory dates for meetings and mandatory participation, I don't agree with. I'm a single parent with more than just one child and I also work a full-time job. Sometimes I'm unable to make meetings and all my community service hours.

Lincoln Avenue Academy 4

Posted September 29, 2013
Good school with above average academics. I wish the county would reward their performance with better facilities. Most of the buildings are old, outdated, and honestly dirty. The bathrooms and water fountains are repugnant. The grounds are extremely small. These students and staff deserve better.

Posted June 19, 2013
worst school never will trust lincoln or lawton chiles they take from all the good students from public schools. if sleepy hill had the students still they would be a least a b

Posted August 20, 2012
The school expects parents to abide by their contract and then don't hold there end of the bargain. The school has failed to provide transportation for incoming first year students and parents are required to drive their kids to school for the first few weeks is what we were told. They do have some special place for parents that have special issues like kids at multiple school but that is case by case reviewed by the principle. They stated students must were specific uniform on Monday or they will not be allowed at school, yet today (Monday) I see lots of students in the Green Polo and shorts. I can only hope the administration improves rapidly as we get into the school year.

Posted January 23, 2012
Superior education in Polk County. Very pleased with all teachers. Students are held to a high standard which makes them well prepared for an IB Middle School.

Posted August 30, 2010
This school offers good academics, but unfortunately the parents are left to teach the children at home. Many of the teachers seem to be stressed by the principal and this spills over onto the children. There are truly a few great teachers that seem to balance it all well and are able to teach and motivate the kids. However, due to the lack of support from the principal and some of the teachers, many parents choose to withdraw.

Lincoln Avenue Academy
1330 North Lincoln Avenue, Lakeland, FL  33805
Last modified Lincoln Avenue Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Avenue Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top