Posted August 04, 2014
Rochelle has consistently been disappointing. My daughter will start the 5th grade this new school year, hopefully it will be a better experience. Last year the alpha teacher was injured and instead of the homeroom teacher picking up where the students had stopped he had them read. My daughter struggled with the math fcat because she went two months without practice until I contacted the teacher. Also, the bullying is way out of hand. And when it is discussed the teachers point the finger at the victim. The only reason she is going back is because Polk County schools are below substandard and I feel she needs a little bit of something other than suffer because the other students are behind.

Posted January 18, 2013
Rochelle School of the Arts is not the good school you hear about anymore. I enrolled my child there in 2011 and began to see that the good things I heard about were disappearing. The bullying was bad something I didn t know about for a while. I tried to address this with the principle but she seemed to be unconcerned. I wish I hadn t had this experience because the school use to be one of the best. I also wish it wasn t in such a high crime area.

Posted October 16, 2012
The teachers are great and they deserve respect and the students doesnt seem to understand that,I've been waiting for a long time for my child to attend this school, because I felt like it would be an honor for my child to go there because I've heard such great things about the school, and I'm very disappointed in how there seems to be no limitation set for the children to discrurage them from misbehaving, I feel if the children doesn't know how to behave their needs to be some kind of guideline set to get the kids out that are misbehaving so that students who want to learn can get accepted sooner than 5 yrs, I feel so sad for those poor teachers who are verbally abused and unappreciated at this school! I would not recommend this school to anyone and it has NOTHING to do with the teachers there it's mainly the behavior, The school could use better structure in my opinion...

Posted May 08, 2011
The music department at this school is awesome! They have high expectations for the students and can seem strict at first until you realize how much they care about the students and the quality of the music. I was so glad when they introduced Orff and Guitar last year, and even though they took Orff away this year it is all my sons ever talk about. I am very thankful for the wonderful music teachers at RSA!!!

Posted March 31, 2011
i am an 8th grader at Rochelle and i agree with some of you. The school is very dirty, the teachers never really pay attention to the students if they are being bullied except for mabey one or two teachers, there isn't a very good disciplinary system, the teachers arnt very good teachers, they're kinda mean, there isn't a list of rules set down so you dont really know if your doing somthing wrong, and i have been bullied alot. The other day someone pinched me twice and left gigantic bruises on my arm and the teacher was sitting right there and didnt do anything! and this same teacher has thrown things at us when she gets mad because we didnt do something right! this school doesn't have excellent teachers, a strong principal or school leadership, or challenging academic programs. the only challenging class that i have is chorus.

Posted June 02, 2010
My daughter started Rochelle this year as a 2nd grader we're very dispointed. Had ongoing problems w/name calling, spitting, & choking all yr. She didn't even know the principals name until 2 weeks before the end of school this yr because we'd been addressing things throughout the year w/the guidance counselor and VP Mr. Linholm. We were repeatedly told they were "handling" the harrasment w/both the boys and the girl involved to no avail. Finally she got punched last week and we're pulling her out and send her to her zoned school next year. I had to raise cain to get the boy suspended, the teached hadn't even reported the incident to the office, hadn't called me or the kids parents - nothing - my daughter came home and told me about it, just like every other time, no one knew but the teacher. Ridiculous!

Posted April 26, 2010
I think Rochelle is Awesome! i've been going there since kindergarten and i'm now in 8th grade, about ready too move on to Harrison! True, we could use some help with the filthyness issue, but they did install some cameras so that there is less bullying, and standing around in the halls. As for the academics issue, I'm a straight honor roll student, and I just was published for my poem. Another plus is that the arts programs rock! I'm a music major and have been a music major except for the first year. I love all of the teachers in the music programs and I know all of the other arts teachers as well. we are a close knit family at Rochelle, and the bullying happens slim too none now. I'd recomend Rochelle to anyone who loves to dance, draw, sing, act, or play instruments anyday! I love Rochelle!

Posted October 13, 2009

Posted September 04, 2009

Posted August 18, 2009

Rochelle School Of The Arts
1501 Martin L King Junior Avenue, Lakeland, FL  33805
Last modified Rochelle School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rochelle School Of The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top