476 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son has gone through so many different teachers in only one year. Front desk receptionist (red head) has a very bad attitude. I come from Hillsborough County there we are allowed to walk out children to class, and call in if they will not be able to make it in to school that day that is not the case with this school. Absences and entering in late to class are never excused for my son. Doesn't matter if it is a dentist apt, or any kind of car trouble. Also as far as I know there is no playground for the kids above Kinder, and the kids never go on any field trips. This school has many issues. I cannot wait to take my son out of this school.

My child has gone to grffin for 4 years now and she absollutly loves it. If I even give her one day to stay home even for family she has to go to school.She would not leave for anything.Unfortuanetly she's in fifth grade now.But I love how the school always does fundraisers to help raise money and the teachers have all worked hard and long.I would personnaly recommend griffin elementary shool.

I taught at Griffin and loved the kids and many of the dedicated teachers who stay each year. It was a great experience, but I personally would not send my child to this school. There is little offered for special needs students or ESOL students. This is not beneficial to them or the class as a whole. Without good programs, time is taken from the class so that the teacher can 'fit in' a curriculum for these kids.

Last modified Griffin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.