Edgar L. Padgett Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 524 students

Posted October 29, 2012

Horrible School. The principal needs to get fired. They don't help you unless your on the wrong side of the law. They basically assist people in kidnapping your kids. I know because they did it to me. I contacted the school board and they helped me locate my sons school and when I spoke with them. No help!! Please fire the principal worst ever.

Posted October 29, 2012

Worst school. Fire the principal. Principal and secretaries hang up on you. To be specific MS. MAtthews the principal is the worst principal I've seen. Not proffessional and doesnt take child care serious. Also Ms. Bruno is very rude.

Posted January 17, 2012

This school is the worst school in Polk County. The principle does nothing to to back her staff up. Doe's nothing to the children bullying other students. This school needs a new principle. I have talked to teachers there and the teachers say it is the worst school they have ever worked at. I have never seen a worst school then Padgett.

Posted December 7, 2011

Unfortunately this school does lack leadership!!! The teachers are hard working however they are not backed by the prinicipals at all! My children and I have had nothing but problems with this school. When trying to approach the situation it is made to believe that you can lie and nothing will be done. This is not how I raise my children to behave. I have since put them in another school whos values I prefer my children to learn. Its supposed to be a group effort. Teachers, children, and parents!

Posted March 28, 2010

The school is really disappointing and when you try to help out and volunteer you get the feeling that you are not welcomed.

Posted July 26, 2009

Great school because the teachers put a lot of effort into educating the students. The volunteers we get are also very much appreciated and helpful in creating a wonderful environment for the students to grow and learn.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 13, 2009

I love this school!!The best school my kids been to.The teachers are amazing and the staff are so nice.I love it and my kids do too.Go Padgett!!

Posted December 10, 2008

I have two children that attend Padgett. I feel very blessed that my children have had the opportunity to learn and grow with such a loving, supportive team of teachers, staff, and principal. I feel confident that they have prepared my oldest child for middle school and beyond. They are now building a great foundation for my younger son. Given the chance, I would not change a thing. GO PADGETT!!

Posted September 24, 2008

i love this school our daughter loves her kindergarten class and her teacher ms. rodriquez our daughter comes home everyday with a super in her agenda and a great day of learning to tell us about

Posted September 23, 2008

So far it is about average, the teacher are great everybody wants to help .

Posted September 22, 2008

I have read some reviews on this site about this school, some in a negative light. I would have to disagree with most of those reports. Padgett has received an A scoring. In order to accomplish such a high rating changes had to be made for the better of the school/ students as a whole not just suit a handful of individuals. Unfortunately some people didn t agree with this and have tried to spread their negativity in his/her ratings on the school. ( honestly some people no matter what the principal did with the school would have complained about it) I have been a volunteer at Padgett and have viewed several teachers as they interact with his/her class. I must tell you that I have been very pleased. The teachers and staff are devoted and caring. Many go above and beyond what they are required to do. I have noticed an enormous improvement in my child s grades since transferring him to Padgett. Padgett does have a PTA. Parents are encouraged through out the year to join.

Posted September 19, 2008

We feel that our son is receiving an 'A+' education here at Padgett. We have had many concerns with our son attending public school ( for the first time) and have asked many questions about the teachers, school, and the curriculum. ( Unfortunatly the Catholic School he attended didn't have a very good or up to date curriculum in place.)Nothing was hands at St. Anthony's like the lessons here at Padgett. We have seen a great improvement with our childs attitude about attending school. He loves it! Our first Midterm reports came out today and we are proud of his grades. We should have made this move 2 years ago !!

Posted May 16, 2008

My son is finishing kindergarten and I am very pleased with his teacher and the school in general. We are very happy with the education our son is recieving at this school.

Posted August 8, 2007

I am so proud of the hard work Padgett has put in over the past three years. My children love it there! Teachers, administrators and parents have worked hard to make Padgett an 'A' school and it is among the only schools in North Lakeland to make AYP as well. The teachers love their students and are always striving to meet each child's unique needs with differentiated instruction. Many teachers go above and beyond their daily duties and work 11 to 12 hour days striving to bring the best quality instruction to their students. I am proud to be a Padgett parent and educator and I will never cease caring for and focusing on my classroom children and instilling in them a lifelong love of learning!

Posted July 15, 2007

Contrary to what others have written about Padgett, I can say that I feel satisfied with this school. My daughter loves studying and is always looking forward to going to school next day. Many have mentioned that parent involvement is low. I agree with this, I am the kind of parent who always attends meetings as well as other school events, and I have noticed that most parents do not attend these meetings through which we can show our concern. Parents do need to get more implicated and avoid expectations of having the school do all the work. A vast part of what children learn is acquired by reinforcement at home.

Posted October 3, 2006

Not a good school at all - too much turn over in teachers & administration. I have had children in Polk County Schools for 20 yrs and this school is well past due for a overhaul. I commend the Superintendent for the changes she has made within the school system so far, but this school need to be looked into!

Posted September 25, 2006

I have one child who attends this school and since day 1, it seems I have had nothing but issues, and sadly enough after reading other's reviews, I see I am not the only one, when I asked what to do to get my son out of this school, I was simply told it was not going to happen...

Posted September 19, 2006

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide a great deal of positive feedback. Compared to two different schools that I have been involved with, the teachers, although very nice, do not seem to be challenging or innovative in their approach to teaching. I can't say much about the principal other than it doesn't seem that there is a great rapport with the teachers and/or parents.

Posted July 24, 2006

I have one child whom attends Padgett and experiences a high level of anxiety when attending an outside establishment and I must say, her kindegarden teacher 'Mrs.Branning' was very supportive and competent in her teaching skills. My child was eager to learn everyday, disciplined with her homework ethics, and encouraged by her teacher to always be the top of the class. I found this teacher to be extememly involved, outstanding in her leadership roll in the class, creative in her teaching techniques keeping the class excited to attend the following day. I judged this teacher by the remarkable progress I witnessed daily in my child. Thank you Mrs.Branning for you have made an excellent impression on my child throughout the school year! I give her an A+ The school is a little worn down and needs improvement, the staff in the office is very friendly but unorganized.

Posted July 8, 2006

I wish my response was different, as I have been a volunteer with this school for 8 years and have two children who have gone here, The leadership has changed several times and not for the better. I don't recommend sending your kids here. I am pulling mine out and home schooling if I have to. The principal does not support the teachers. I hope that something changes to help this school because it has really gone down heal. If you have no choice but to send your kids here I recommend you get as involved as possible.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

95 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

95 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

83 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

83 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

80 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

86 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. ANTIONETTE KIRBY
Fax number
  • (863) 853-6092

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now