Lakeland, FL
Students enrolled: 1,086

Posted December 12, 2014
I am a student at the Crystal Academy of Science and Engineering.Not a day goes by when i dont regret coming to this school. I am currently in 8th grade but when inwas in 6th it wasnt that bad the school had a federal grant but unfortantly that grant ended when 6th grade was over.In the brocher the show Ipads and talk about how they use them. Honestly we mabey used them twice last year and once last year. Also the food I personaly wont any food made at the school. Some times we get buns on our burgers that are stale and feels like your biting into a rock. This year more three teachers have left to go to other schools. Also there is no requirement to get into case. The principles son has said its kind of like pulling names out of a hat. There are kids in the academy that cant read and did not even get 3 on their fcat but got in because they came from a private school. This will not be my last post. As the days go on i will look for things in this school good or bad. If a day comes where the school improves i will gladly write about it. --The Watcher--

Posted February 05, 2014
This school is honestly of the worst schools i have ever worked at, I teach an advanced class so it is not that bad but we have no new equipment, almost all of our information is outdated, and we have a giant rat infestation. The school lunch is worse than poision, I am not normally like this, but there is not a day I do not regret working here. The students are unruly and wild, in the last week we have had at least two fights a day, the non honers students refuse to learn, and the magnet students always have to interact with the non-magnet. take my word, do not send your child here

Posted August 21, 2013
This school has been updated with a new paint job and some advanced classes but it is like putting lipstick on a pig. It may look fancier, but it is still the same old dirty, bad school.

Posted June 06, 2013
i think you shouldnt send your child to this school because the admins are rude and dont care about any of the students problems.this school can improve by being more stricter and stopping the violence happening. Crystal lake is dirty and ghetto. i hope in the furture this school changes.

Posted April 18, 2013
This school is so unorganized its crazy. They had 3 fights just yesterday and you go to try to speak to the Dean and he blows you off like you are bothering him. No one there seems to care about the safety of the kids at all and could care less about the bullying that is going on all around them!

Posted March 19, 2012
My family and I just relocated to the area and this is the middle school my children will attend. I have an 8th grader there now and I have to say that since walking into the school the 1st time I hate it! It is "ghetto" and unorganized, the teachers allow the kids to do what they want in class and it's causing issues with my daughter that I have never had! She tells the teacher she can't concentrate due to the outburst all class and she won't do anything about it! I have never had problems with the school we just moved from and I hate there isn't anything I can do. If you can avoid sending your child to this school I would say do it because It is just horrible. The campus actually reminds you of a jail. I will do everything in my power to make sure my 5th grader doesn't attend next year!

Crystal Lake Middle School 3

Posted October 07, 2011
Actually for the reviewer on 12/10 if you were really reviewing it and not just an upset student (which I think might be the case) you would know they were in the middle of a huge upgrade and finished in time for this school year (2011-2012). As of right now I am rating it average, my nephew was not dealt with the way he should of been. He had great grades, but kept skipping classes or drugging out. The teachers since then have been replaced and the school has been completely renovated and I look forward to my daughter going to this school next year. (My nephew has since been sent to the 'proper' school he needs to be in)

Posted December 10, 2010
this school is very bad on12/9/10 it was a another fight the school is nasty un clean and needs upgrade.

Crystal Lake Middle School 5

Posted December 09, 2009

Crystal Lake Middle School 5

Posted November 23, 2009

Crystal Lake Middle School
2410 Crystal Lake Drive North, Lakeland, FL  33801
Last modified Crystal Lake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crystal Lake Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top