Oscar J. Pope Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2012
This school is so ghetto. They have a MAJOR problem with bullies and even some of the teachers are in on it. I am homeschooling mine next year. Some of the teachers are great but the students are horrible. I hear lots of rumors of parents not taking their kids to school just because they don't feel like getting up to take them. Thankfully we aren't permanently residing here. We just moved here in May

Oscar J. Pope Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2012
I just moved to Lakeland in April and my 6ry old son started at Oscar J. Pope and everything was find the first four days of school untill his teacher put a note in his weekly journal saying that she has to keep reminding him in center time and i sent her a email stating that this is just his 6th day at a new school new routine. I also informed her that my child is not a disobedient child and it would take him alittle of time to get use to a new teacher new school new city new routine, she never answered the email or brought it up until 7days later she put my childs face to a wall in a corner for turning over a note and moving it out of his way because it was not his. Why the note to a nother teacher was at a activity table where three students were sitting should have not been there in the first place it was like she was setting kids up to be put in the corner I dont accept this action she used on my child, and what made me upset more is what she put in his weekly journal- Time out for touching something of mine(a personal item). that sounds like he was on her desk or something like that but he was not he was were he was told to be. Im asking for a parent teacher conference asap!

Oscar J. Pope Elementary School 3

Posted December 28, 2008
I have alot of good memories at this school. As far as the quality of the education, they didn't get me prepared for middle school very well. The teachers were okay, I have the most memories of school with them from this one. However, the school is in a bad neighborhood that is getting much worse and I feel that it's a ghetto school.

Oscar J. Pope Elementary School 5

Posted January 09, 2008
I am a college student majoring in elementary education. I wab not familiar with the school, until I was assigned there for a semester. I have to say that I was really impressed. I have never met a more dedicated and caring staff. The teachers and other members of Oscar J. Pope are truly inspiring. Your children will be comfortable in because the staff make it a safe, nurturing, and warm environment.

Oscar J. Pope Elementary School 5

Posted June 05, 2006
- a staff
This school meets the challenges of the neighborhood by providing caring and qualified teachers while allowing students the opportunity to grow and become productive citizens!

Oscar J. Pope Elementary School 3

Posted July 15, 2005

Oscar J. Pope Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2005
My kids haven't had much experience in public school, but having only been at Pope for two weeks, I've been quite impressed. My twin first graders LOVE their new school. I think what they like most is the art, music, p.e. and computer classes offered weekly. Their teaches have accepted them well and have helped them with this transition. After visiting the school a few days after they started, the counselor even remembered my 4 year old daughter's name as we passed her in the hall. The other children they've met have also been very nice in helping my boys find their classrooms. So far it's been a great experience.

Oscar J. Pope Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2004
I called OPE to inquire about kindgergarten. I spoke with a gentleman named Charlie. He was most helpful and took the time to answer all my questions - which were many! He offered to set up a time for a tour with my son to see their facilities and visit a k-class. The main office was very helpful and friendly. There were many sheets of information set out for you to read and pickup. Charlie walked us through the facility and every staff person we passed greeted us. The librarian and the k-teacher took the time to personally talk with our son abouat school and his interests. At the end of the tour, Charlie gave me all the information I needed to enroll my son - very efficient! I left feeling very confident about this school and having my son attend school there. The staff, students and overall atmosphere was very friendly.

Oscar J. Pope Elementary School
2730 Maine Avenue, Lakeland, FL  33801
Last modified Oscar J. Pope Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oscar J. Pope Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top