487 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

my 3 years son was bullying victim and the teachers never called me, my child has autism and every day came home bite for other student.

This school is so ghetto. They have a MAJOR problem with bullies and even some of the teachers are in on it. I am homeschooling mine next year. Some of the teachers are great but the students are horrible. I hear lots of rumors of parents not taking their kids to school just because they don't feel like getting up to take them. Thankfully we aren't permanently residing here. We just moved here in May

I just moved to Lakeland in April and my 6ry old son started at Oscar J. Pope and everything was find the first four days of school untill his teacher put a note in his weekly journal saying that she has to keep reminding him in center time and i sent her a email stating that this is just his 6th day at a new school new routine. I also informed her that my child is not a disobedient child and it would take him alittle of time to get use to a new teacher new school new city new routine, she never answered the email or brought it up until 7days later she put my childs face to a wall in a corner for turning over a note and moving it out of his way because it was not his. Why the note to a nother teacher was at a activity table where three students were sitting should have not been there in the first place it was like she was setting kids up to be put in the corner I dont accept this action she used on my child, and what made me upset more is what she put in his weekly journal- Time out for touching something of mine(a personal item). that sounds like he was on her desk or something like that but he was not he was were he was told to be. Im asking for a parent teacher conference asap!

I have alot of good memories at this school. As far as the quality of the education, they didn't get me prepared for middle school very well. The teachers were okay, I have the most memories of school with them from this one. However, the school is in a bad neighborhood that is getting much worse and I feel that it's a ghetto school.

I am a college student majoring in elementary education. I wab not familiar with the school, until I was assigned there for a semester. I have to say that I was really impressed. I have never met a more dedicated and caring staff. The teachers and other members of Oscar J. Pope are truly inspiring. Your children will be comfortable in because the staff make it a safe, nurturing, and warm environment.

Last modified Oscar J. Pope Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.