771 students|Polk

Bad
Good

This school is amazing! I went there for 6 years and I loved it. There was not a single problem. Even being in my last year of middle school I still miss it so much. I would definitely recommend anyone going to this school.

I just moved here to lakeland Florida. at first my son was feeling comfortable but then because he has problems with his reading. I feel like they pushed him aside instead of helping & teaching him I'm on the fence about this school.

Best school in the district, amazing attention to each student as an individual. The staff is amazing. The school is very clean, organized, and friendly. The parents and PTO also make this school amazing! So many events and parties/ fundraisers and creative rewards for good behavior. Their anti bullying is kids have never had a problem or even seen a chil being bullied at this school. My kids actually got accepted into a magnet "choice" school but I decided to keep them here. The best of the best!

My daughter had a wonderful teacher for Kindergarten, after that it was nothing but downhill! The ladies at the front desk are extremely rude and unwelcoming. They make me feel like I should not be there. My daughter has had difficulty with her reading and spelling, but because she is a quiet and sweet girl they seem to overlook it to concentrate on the rowdy kids. I am very unhappy with this school and most of the faculty.

Great school. My daughter is excelling beyond her grade level. Her teacher is easy to get ahold of and to talk to. The principal does a great job. Best elementary school around.

The best elementary school around. The teachers are top quality, and the administrators are great. My child has moved on to middle school, but he misses Scott Lake so much.

Scott Lake is a wonderful school. The teachers strive to deliver a strong education for ALL the kids. The school is competitive with the surrounding charter schools and Scott Lake keeps all their kids and teaches all their kids. The student and families are awesome and make for a wonderful learning environment.

Scott Lake teachers and administration care deeply for their students. Their professionalism is equaled only by their desire to help their students. The new principal has been successful in keeping professionalism as a standard and helping those few teachers who needed guidance. Every school will have a few issues during the year and Scott Lake's success is due in part to how well the staff have dealt with those minor issues.

This is my child's first year at Scott Lake. The actual teaching and learning seems to be going well but the administrative organization is well below average. It's only October and I've had problems with Parking, communicating times about the open house, how the tardy system works, communicating how the snack system (dropping off food) works, lack of front desk personnel and on and on. It seems to be a typical government system where everyone you contact is not in charge and can't help you. Common sense is the enemy and communication is looked upon as a foreign language. I'm not the only one; my wife has seen frustrated parents cussing out the front desk staff. After waiting through a ridiculous line of cars, a poor pregnant lady finally got inside the office and they told her daughter was late. It was poor managing on their part. It seems to be a typical government system where everyone you contact is not in charge and can't help you.

Scott Lake has been a wonderful place for my children to learn and grow. The teachers we have come in contact with have been warm and caring and the staff equally so!

Last modified Scott Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.