Lakeland, FL
Students enrolled: 1,127

Posted August 18, 2014
Lake gibson high and middle.. I recently moved here and am very disappointed in the school district. All my sons say the class rooms are disruptive and the teachers don't care. My oldest has had his schedule changed 3 times and you would think the counselor would know which classes he needed to take but directed him with others !! I'm literally frightened that my children will not get the right education here and am looking into a private school next year or even home schooling them.. This school is so unorganized and run down like we live in a bad neighborhood!!!

Posted May 13, 2014
I don't like this school. Some of the teachers seem to care about the students but there is a large hand full that don't. My child is on the 504 plan for kids with adhd. Not all the teachers uphold the special attention they need and communication with these types of teachers are horrible. I have had issues with 4 teachers just this yr in providing my child with the help required and it's like pulling teeth. I'm looking into a private school for next yr. I do NOT recommend this school.

Lake Gibson Middle School 2

Posted July 16, 2013
2 years ago I would have said good school that's why we moved to this area...but now with the new principal I would say to pass. The changes made to this school makes it seem like it was a bad place but it wasn't bad at all. I think the principal wanted it to seem like "oh look what I did to this place, I made some great changes." Well I see now why parents try to get these private schools. Before parents around here used to say if they can't get their kids into to private schools they want Lake Gibson because it seem like a good school but now if I had seen the new rules I would have been like oh wow that school must have a lot of issues.

Lake Gibson Middle School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
It's a good school with teachers who care, a great administration, and a wonderful music program with great parent volunteers

Lake Gibson Middle School 0

Posted June 19, 2009
i did not like this school at all. most teacher's did not help you very much.There is not very much school funding and the bathroom's don't lock. this school is bad.

Posted March 23, 2009
I really don't understand this school. All the hassle on FCAT is ridiculous and many of the teachers don't take the time to help. The students cause it to be even more chaotic. The low shool funds make things worse. I don't enjoy school at all and wish that I never left my school in Vegas.

Posted June 16, 2008

Posted June 16, 2008

Lake Gibson Middle School 5

Posted December 09, 2007

Lake Gibson Middle School 5

Posted November 25, 2007
it is so wounderful and my son loves it

Lake Gibson Middle School
6901 North Socrum Loop Road, Lakeland, FL  33809
Last modified Lake Gibson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Gibson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top