Posted July 17, 2014
Great school with medical, law, sports fitness, engineering, Geico, and culinary Academies. My 3rd child is currently enrolled. My 2 previous children received scholarships to college because of the good education.

Posted June 05, 2014
This school is the worst school you could ever go to. The teachers are very disrespectful and the students think they are better than everyone else. There is a lot of bullying going on and the staff does not care at all! If you are a parent and you're thinking about sending your daughter here, DO NOT DO IT! I'm a student here so that should tell you something.

Posted June 05, 2014
I hated this school. The kids were mean, a lot of them were spoiled rich kids or some that had nothing acted like they had something. I was bullied because wasn't in the cliques, I wasn't known because my parents weren't snobs participating in the school activities, and the teachers didn't seem to care!! They don't even help the students who are struggling out, they favor those who are academically doing really well without any help and have money. Plus the guidance counselors seemed to never be their, answer their emails, in the end they are unprofessional and don't help u. If I have kids I'm never sending them to this school. A school is supposed to feel welcoming and give enjoyment to kids to learn and lift one another up! Not destroy self esteem. Don't bring ur child to this school lakeland high is better

Posted December 09, 2013
We moved here from out of town and it was a task to register my daughter for school at GJHS. The people who work in the guidance office are very rude and condescending. My childs teachers are on their phones texting and facebooking instead of teaching! No wonder the testing scores have fallen at GJHS in the last several years!! Getting a phone call back from higher up staff is a big task! They do not return phone calls or emails at a timely manner which is very unprofessional. My child will not be returning to GJHS next year!

Posted November 05, 2013
Many label this school as the "rich" or "wealthy" school. Well I assure you, my family was neither of those. I attended and graduated from GJHS with high honors, with a full scholarship to any college in FL. The teachers and staff are wonderful. Like any school, you do have problems, but they are resolved to the best of the staff's abilities, and the really do care about each student as an individual. Don't set expectations for others that you wouldn't be willing to meet yourself. GJHS was a wonderful school, and I hope to move back to the area and have my own children graduate from here. Go Eagles!

Posted May 31, 2012
If the county cut budgets then where did the new IPAD for everyone and new mascot come from?

George W. Jenkins Senior High School 4

Posted May 30, 2012
I worked at GJ for almost ten years. Yes, there are problems, but it was the best teaching experience I have had. The kids are just kids and the teachers I knew cared. The budget cuts come from the county. Don't blame the teachers. My children will go to GJ.

Posted February 27, 2012
I absolutely agree with the last post. It's a shame that they decide to do budget cuts on the important things that the students need.

Posted January 25, 2012
I disagree with you. I worked in this school for 14 years and I can tell you that even though some kids are rude and dress crazily (they are teenagers!) the majority of the school body works hard, get to classes on time and get admitted to college. The school provides lots of clubs, sports, and other activities to try to engage the vast majority of the school body. No school can be 100% good if it has to admit everyone; that is why public education requires.

George W. Jenkins Senior High School 4

Posted January 24, 2012
Three of my kids have attended this school. There is a great selection of courses and the teachers challenge the students for the most part. My kids have said a few classes weren't that interesting--but isn't that true of most schools? The sports programs are also pretty good. The schools on the south side of Lakeland have all been good and are probably as close as you'll get to a private school education without paying the steep price.

George W. Jenkins Senior High School
6000 Lakeland Highlands Road, Lakeland, FL  33813
Last modified George W. Jenkins Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George W. Jenkins Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top