627 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Teachers my child's had have been exceptional! I've been very happy with them. New principal is very involved. My child has had a great experience there! The only criticisms I have are that they should plan things more in advance or in a more efficient way and they need to find a better way to communicate with the parents. Communication is a HUGE problem at this school. Things need to be explained better (ex: Individual school pictures are PREPAID - which is ridiculous, by the way!) so the parents can prepare for these things. Also, little ones sometimes lose the information and by the time the parents find out, sometimes the event has passed. For example: I've missed out on yearbooks every year that my child has attended. When I tried to call one year to find out yearbook information in advance, the office staff didn't have any information. The office staff needs to be more informed and prepared to provide information to the parents. This happens often when I all the office to inquire about something. They seem clueless most of the time. The new principal is great, though. He seems very involved and seems to really support the students.

Unfortunately this was the first school of my son, Our experience in this school was horrible, like other people here said the staff is rude and disrespectful, Thanks God my son is attending to another school and we can see a huge difference. Definitely we do not recommend this school to anybody.

Communication remains a massive problem. The scholl website hasn't been updated in years. The tools that are provided by the district are not utilized. The good teachers there are reduce in efficiency by class size, limited resources and a tunnel vision of FCAT learning . The school seems stagnant, lacks innovation, skill and creativity in the curriculum. So as a nurturing, positive learning experience and environment there must be better options.

The teachers at this school are there because they believe in their students. They work to ensure that all students not only learn the content but also how to be good people and citizens. Count yourself lucky if your child attends this school.

I had my daughter and niece in this school. Not only were the staff rude and disrespectful, but there was no communication with the teacher. I had so many unsuccessful attempts at communication that I had to bring it up to the principal and vice, which did nothing. We had our first case of lice while at the school, and the nurse was totally unprofessional and had horrible "bed side manner". Instead of answering my questions as to how to treat the lice, she just kept saying "get it all out". I ended up having to have a confrontation with her and the principal, before they would actually do anything about it. The last straw was when the state of Florida sent a letter saying that for three years in a row, this school had unsatisfactory performance without any improvement and would be looked at being shut down. It was at this time we decided to move. Horrible experience, that taught me there really are horrible schools out there. PAY ATTENTION TO THE RATING! If you can move somewhere else, DO IT!

I have 2 children attending Churchwell at the moment and for the most part, I think it's a pretty great school. There are a couple of exceptions however. The female PE coach is the first problem. From what I hear from my children as well as other parents, I think she feels it's her goal to dominate and humiliate the children. If she really dislikes children as much as it seems, she needs to choose another profession. The second issue is the attitudes of the lunchroom staff. They rarely seem to be in anything other than sour moods...to put it kindly. 5th graders might be accustomed to it, but when it's a kindergartener and this is their very first experience of being yelled at by a stranger, it can really tarnish their school experience and make them much harder to get to school each day. Give the little ones a break!!

The ESE Staff, ITV program, Media Center and teachers like Mrs. Harris & Mrs. Skiles promote learning and love for the students. Thank you for the faithful day in and day out dedication you have shown for our children.

I LOVE CHURCHWELL ELEMENTARY. THE ESE TEACHERS ARE THE BEST ! MRS. TURNER IS AN EXCELENT TEACHER!!!!!!

Churchwell Elementary is a GREAT school. The office staff is very helpful and the teachers work very hard to help the children learn. The media specialist, Mrs. Upton, is wonderful. The AR carnival this year was wonderful and the children loved it.

I am a 5th grade student at churchwell and to tell you this school is based on your perspective and how you accept the staff's behavior, being here since 2nd grade was great i absolutely love this school but I feel like the staff are very rude at sometimes just like in some other reviews, I recommend your child to go to this school, but remember it's your perspective!

Last modified R. Clem Churchwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.