Posted February 25, 2014
Communication remains a massive problem. The scholl website hasn't been updated in years. The tools that are provided by the district are not utilized. The good teachers there are reduce in efficiency by class size, limited resources and a tunnel vision of FCAT learning . The school seems stagnant, lacks innovation, skill and creativity in the curriculum. So as a nurturing, positive learning experience and environment there must be better options.

Posted July 26, 2013
The teachers at this school are there because they believe in their students. They work to ensure that all students not only learn the content but also how to be good people and citizens. Count yourself lucky if your child attends this school.

Posted February 04, 2013
I had my daughter and niece in this school. Not only were the staff rude and disrespectful, but there was no communication with the teacher. I had so many unsuccessful attempts at communication that I had to bring it up to the principal and vice, which did nothing. We had our first case of lice while at the school, and the nurse was totally unprofessional and had horrible "bed side manner". Instead of answering my questions as to how to treat the lice, she just kept saying "get it all out". I ended up having to have a confrontation with her and the principal, before they would actually do anything about it. The last straw was when the state of Florida sent a letter saying that for three years in a row, this school had unsatisfactory performance without any improvement and would be looked at being shut down. It was at this time we decided to move. Horrible experience, that taught me there really are horrible schools out there. PAY ATTENTION TO THE RATING! If you can move somewhere else, DO IT!

R. Clem Churchwell Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2012
I have 2 children attending Churchwell at the moment and for the most part, I think it's a pretty great school. There are a couple of exceptions however. The female PE coach is the first problem. From what I hear from my children as well as other parents, I think she feels it's her goal to dominate and humiliate the children. If she really dislikes children as much as it seems, she needs to choose another profession. The second issue is the attitudes of the lunchroom staff. They rarely seem to be in anything other than sour moods...to put it kindly. 5th graders might be accustomed to it, but when it's a kindergartener and this is their very first experience of being yelled at by a stranger, it can really tarnish their school experience and make them much harder to get to school each day. Give the little ones a break!!

R. Clem Churchwell Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2011
The ESE Staff, ITV program, Media Center and teachers like Mrs. Harris & Mrs. Skiles promote learning and love for the students. Thank you for the faithful day in and day out dedication you have shown for our children.

Posted June 07, 2011
I LOVE CHURCHWELL ELEMENTARY. THE ESE TEACHERS ARE THE BEST ! MRS. TURNER IS AN EXCELENT TEACHER!!!!!!

Posted June 07, 2011
Churchwell Elementary is a GREAT school. The office staff is very helpful and the teachers work very hard to help the children learn. The media specialist, Mrs. Upton, is wonderful. The AR carnival this year was wonderful and the children loved it.

R. Clem Churchwell Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2011
I am a 5th grade student at churchwell and to tell you this school is based on your perspective and how you accept the staff's behavior, being here since 2nd grade was great i absolutely love this school but I feel like the staff are very rude at sometimes just like in some other reviews, I recommend your child to go to this school, but remember it's your perspective!

R. Clem Churchwell Elementary School 3

Posted February 01, 2011
My son has been at Churchwell for 5 months now, and I could not be happier with his progress. However, the office staff can be very rude and unprofessional at times. I never know when I walk through the door if they are going to be rude or in a good mood. I have very little involvement in my son's education. I try to ask the teacher for ideas on what I can do at home to help him progress more, and I get very little feedback. I have never gotten a progress report or anything of the sort from his teacher. She does not communicate with me at all unless I initiate the conversation, and even then, I get very little info. As I said before, I am happy with his progress but I feel very left out of the decision making process and out of the loop with his everyday activities.

Posted December 22, 2010
My child did half a year at this school for second grade. This school was just horrible. It had very low parent involvement, and the school personnel and principle were not helpful or willing to go out of their way to help with a special situation that I had while my daughter was attending this school. They do not put the best interest of the child first in their day to day operations. I definitely would not put my child in this school.

R. Clem Churchwell Elementary School
8201 Park-Byrd Road, Lakeland, FL  33810
Last modified R. Clem Churchwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R. Clem Churchwell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top