Posted November 01, 2013
This school has been wonderful for my child. Our child is learning numerous life skills in addition to academic skills. The focus at LMS is learning and experience not test teaching.

Posted August 06, 2013
This school is amazing. If you want your child to receive a quality education where they aren't drilled for the FCAT... send them here

Posted August 06, 2013
Great place for a child to learn at their own pace- and they don't stress the kids out about FCAT

Posted August 06, 2013
Great value-especially in Polk County. Wonderful teachers, great staff, awesome facilities. Best to get in at age 3

Posted January 21, 2012
I love the Montessori method, and have been thrilled with the education and environment at LMS. The children truly learn, and are excited while doing so. Every child is valued and nurtured. The teachers and staff are amazing. The families who are part of the school community are widely diverse, and yet a close knit community exists, with families welcome. There is not one thing I can say that is negative about this school.

Posted April 15, 2009
I am absolutely thrilled with LMS. My children have made so much progress here that they weren't able to make at our neighborhood school because of having to wait for everyone to be at the same level. The teachers are amazing at meeting each child where they are at and helping them move forward from that point!

Posted November 11, 2008
I really appreciate the education my child gets at LMS. It is disconcerting at first to have a report card with no grades and a learning system that lets your child accelerate at the pace best for them not on a FCAT based agenda. They cover FCAT and way more! Montessori teaching methods were hard for me to grasp at first and they seem a bit mysterious. So my one wish would be that I had learned more about them from the school.

Posted January 22, 2007
Everything I can think of about LMS is positive! It's a small school which supports each child's individuality. I am delighted that Lakeland offers such a progressive school in its community! The children who attend this school are extremely lucky because they are offered the chance to learn in an environment that supports their strengths. Congratulations to Lakelanad Montessori Schoolhouse for not only raising the bar for educational standards, but turning the bar to guide students to reach their potential.

Posted August 21, 2006

Posted August 21, 2006
Lakeland Montessori Schoolhouse is a school that 'thinks outside the box'. It obviously uses the Montessori philosophy education in which the child is an active participant in learning. The teachers are immensely qualified- having their college degrees plus their Montessori certification. The school is small- all staff members know all the children. It's extremely safe and supportive. They even support healthy eating! I encourage anyone who is interested in the school to check out the website: www.lakelandmontessori.com You will get so much more information on the website, but you can also visit the school and see for yourself. I made an appointment the year before my daughter started, and I was amazed by what I saw. The children were so focused on what they were doing in the classroom- it was a peaceful kind of energy. It's really something you have to see for yourself. This school is one of a kind.

Lakeland Montessori School House
1124 North Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, FL  33805
Last modified Lakeland Montessori School House is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeland Montessori School House Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top