Bill Duncan Opportunity Center 3

Posted July 14, 2012
I used to teach there. Student discipline is a big part of the environment. I see the growth of the school since the Polk County School District has taken over the school system back in 2010. My spouse think it is never a good idea to put the districts problem students in one facility. Each year seemed to be better as a teacher. This past year was not that good. I believe help is needed on the administration side. Students did show learning gains the AY 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 in all areas. I believe they have to work on keeping their effective teachers there. Awesome idea, but not enough resources or support.

Bill Duncan Opportunity Center 0

Posted May 13, 2010
my son hasn't been here 2 weeks and was left by the bus along with 7 other students. i did not know where my child was for 3 hours and the school did not know where he was. I ended up calling the police to find my child. this school doesn't care and would not help my child get in touch with me to let me know what happened.i wouldn't even give this school a rating of one. they are careless.

Posted March 29, 2010
Not a good school at all.Someone needs to look into this school. these kids get no help at all.

Posted March 24, 2010
They need to put this on Horribleschools.Org. They need to shut this place down . It is the reason why I had to drop out of school. The teachers are only there for the money. You won't learn anything.

Bill Duncan Opportunity Center 0

Posted March 18, 2010
This is the most unprofessional, unorganized school I have ever seen. Alternative or not.

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted April 25, 2008
Well me as a student this school is not as maintaned as other schools for instinst many of the kids r in gangs or are just rude . plus there are many fights and the teachers are not helpers only a few

Posted March 06, 2008
I believe this school is a bad enviroment for children no matter how bad they may seem. After staying here a couple months, the kids seem to have a more violent nature than at a regular school. Most of it is because they think soiety has given up on them.

Bill Duncan Opportunity Center 5

Posted January 25, 2008

Posted September 21, 2006

Bill Duncan Opportunity Center
3333 Winter Lake Road, Lakeland, FL  33803
Last modified Bill Duncan Opportunity Center is a Public school that serves grades 6-12
Bill Duncan Opportunity Center Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top