169 students|Polk

Bad
Good

I used to teach there. Student discipline is a big part of the environment. I see the growth of the school since the Polk County School District has taken over the school system back in 2010. My spouse think it is never a good idea to put the districts problem students in one facility. Each year seemed to be better as a teacher. This past year was not that good. I believe help is needed on the administration side. Students did show learning gains the AY 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 in all areas. I believe they have to work on keeping their effective teachers there. Awesome idea, but not enough resources or support.

my son hasn't been here 2 weeks and was left by the bus along with 7 other students. i did not know where my child was for 3 hours and the school did not know where he was. I ended up calling the police to find my child. this school doesn't care and would not help my child get in touch with me to let me know what happened.i wouldn't even give this school a rating of one. they are careless.

Not a good school at all.Someone needs to look into this school. these kids get no help at all.

They need to put this on Horribleschools.Org. They need to shut this place down . It is the reason why I had to drop out of school. The teachers are only there for the money. You won't learn anything.

This is the most unprofessional, unorganized school I have ever seen. Alternative or not.

Well me as a student this school is not as maintaned as other schools for instinst many of the kids r in gangs or are just rude . plus there are many fights and the teachers are not helpers only a few

I believe this school is a bad enviroment for children no matter how bad they may seem. After staying here a couple months, the kids seem to have a more violent nature than at a regular school. Most of it is because they think soiety has given up on them.

Last modified Bill Duncan Opportunity Center is a Public school that serves grades 6-12