Sleepy Hill Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2014
It is still early in the new year (2014-2015)... so far I am less than enthused about the over all school. To the eye, it's clean and presentable, however the office ladies are snotty and chase when asked questions. They (both the teachers and faculty) do not seem to have it together with communication as well. . . For example, upon registration my child was assigned a teacher, when faced with the question of which class my daughter attended I replied with the assigned teacher at registration to then find out she was moved to another teachers class!! What if it were an emergency, I believe that parents should be notified of new assignment to a class. As for the class she is now present In, I get a folder once a week and that is ALL the established communication I receive from her teacher, no marks in her agenda and no remark or acknowledgement to notes made by myself. :/ hopefully, this is just a rocky start and as the year progresses my review will be diffrent, until then I understand now why the schools grade went down in a school years time.

Sleepy Hill Elementary School 1

Posted January 06, 2014
Worst school I've encountered. I had a child here that was bullied to the extreme and nothing was done. It got to a point where it affected her so much I had to start to take her to a neurologist because she started to develop extreme migraines. I spoke to the asst principal first and her additud was disgusting. Her answer to why my child would let other kids bully was because in a Hispanic household women are used to letting their husbands bully them and thats what they learn at home. Little did she know I've been a proud single mom since my child was 2! Never a boyfriend or male in my house other than my siblings for a visit. So I requested to see the principal she defended the thought so what did I do? That same day looked for an apartment and just moved completely out of Polk county. So, Hispanic single mothers out there planning to move AVOID this school by all means! Better yet avoid Lakeland PERIOD! Ohhh BTW I don't even look Hispanic.

Posted April 30, 2013
My daughter attends Sleepy Hill through the Headstart program and I love it. The environment is inviting and the staff is extremely hands on and informative. My child was one of those kids that had a hard time in group settings, but has now blossomed into a social butterfly. Her love of learning has been nurtured, pushing her towards her full potential.

Posted December 03, 2009

Sleepy Hill Elementary School 3

Posted August 06, 2009

Posted July 16, 2009

Sleepy Hill Elementary School
2285 Sleepy Hill Road, Lakeland, FL  33810
Last modified Sleepy Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sleepy Hill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top