729 students|Manatee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Had a issue with a 4th grader coming home with school work that No One in the class understood. This was emailed to all parents that night. That we should work with them to teach them. Homework is for practice not learn new concepts.

This school has to much emphathis on ridiculous fundraising . It is constant. Big callas with over priced events. This is a public school not a Non Profit entity.

Good in high lighten the positive aspects and hidden de negative ones. Psychologist is available to test gifted kids but kids that need help are neglected of attention.

Do you want your kids to have good reading habit? So you'll have to take them to a public library just like I do. Your kids don't have a school library here. Well, there is good one, but with no librarian and closed. Last year the only time I went there was when PTO organized book fairs, I mean, just when I had to buy some books, no to borrow. And they don't have afterschool programs. (just daycare service) If you look for some afterschool activities for your kids as the other schools in the area. I've NEVER felt welcomed at the administration office. Not just front office ladies, but the principal doesn't say hi unless you do first. They just answer. (Assistant principal is really nice and friendly person) Not bad school, of course. But if you're thinking this is the best in the area, you should go to the other ones to compare and then make a big decision.

I am extremely pleased with Willis Elementary. The Principal is excellent and really works hard to make sure the children get the best education possilbe. He has high standards and expectations. I have a 3rd grader this year who will be in the new "ALL DAY GIfted Program" I couldn't be happier that the county has finally approved this program for Willis. I was concerned last year that having the gifted classes only 1 day a week would not be challenging enough for my child. Now I can rest assured that this will not only be better for my child socially, but also encourage him/her to be more competitive and to reach higher goals. The school is very comfortable,nurturing environment, and very family oriented - all in all a wonderful atmosphere to be around. PROUD GECKO PARENTS

Great school, excellent principal. Only downside is that they and the County do not have a good program for the gifted. Unfortunately the state almost forces the schools to teach to the FCAT. Our kid is not challenged enough and we really don't have many options, other than moving or paying $20,000 a year for private school. Very friendly school though and the Principal is easy to communicate with.

I love this school! My daughter just finished kindergarten. When she started there, she could not read at all. Now she is reading at a 3rd grade level. The transformation that I saw in her school work was amazing. Plus she was doing addition and subtraction. Ms Angerame was a fantastic teacher. I would recommend this school with no hesitation!

A quality academic and character education in a nurturing environment.

My child is about to end Kindergaten and So far I am very happy with the school. She enjoys the after school events.

This school is amazing! Great teachers, nice kids and wonderful parent help! I fully recomend this elemantary school.

Last modified Robert Willis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.