719 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I recently read the previous 2 reviews for Imagine and, I have to say, I am quite shocked (and saddened) by the comments. We are in our first year at Imagine and really couldn't be much happier with the school. My girls (4th and 7th) acclimated very quickly and feel like they have been there forever. In spite of the fact that many of the kids have been together since kindergarten, my girls were immediately embraced as part of the Imagine family. My favorite thing about the school is the open lines of communication I have experienced, both with the teachers and administration. I have consistently received timely responses to emails. Lisa, at the front desk, is wonderful and knew my entire family by name within the first week. The Principal is quite approachable and seems to be very in tune with what is going on at the school. I especially appreciate the way she interacts with the middle-schoolers. In my experience, she treats the kids just like she treats her own kids (1 of which is in 7th grade also). My girls still comment on something Mrs. Williams said the first time she met them..."Girls, if you ever need to talk or cry, you feel free to just stop by my office and sit on my couch. I have cookies!" I can honestly say I have never seen her door closed. I really can't imagine a Principal being more accessible. Academically, both my girls are thriving. The homework load is definitely manageable. Obviously, no school is perfect, just as no child is perfect, but Imagine has been a wonderful choice for our family and we look forward to many more years there!

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

We haven't experienced any bullying at Imagine.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The homework is typically communicated a week in advance, which is very helpful!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

This school absolutely DOES NOT deal with bullying. There are several bullys in every grade. Don't believe the hype about the character campaign.

Supports LD students: Disagree

The teachers seem overwhelmed. I never observed teachers going out of their way to help children, I only observed yelling and negative behavior from teachers towards children who did not learn with the norm.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

The only leadership at the school is from the group of moms who have nothing better to do than hang out at their kids school all day long.

Develops character: Disagree

Not at all. This school does no such thing. It teaches you that if you are in the inner circle... then the rules don't apply to you.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Most of the teachers are disgruntled and do not seem like they WANT to be there. There is a lot of yelling at this school- done by teachers.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework is not age appropriate. It seems like a lot of busy work, and the math is never really taught at school. It was always sent home in packet form and I was expected to teach it. Several times i had to google how to teach it to my daughters, because this school follows the common core.

I had my children at this school for a five years until I noticed that the school is not really run by the principal. It is in fact run by a small group of influential parents that basically tell the principal how THEY are going to do things. These parents are at the school every single day, micromanaging EVERY aspect of their childs life. They justify it by saying they are "volunteering" but they are hovering over their children. On several occasions, I observed these same said mothers administering reading tests and other graded activities in their own childs class room. I found this appalling seeing as how most of them are not even college educated. The same group of moms are continually room mom every single year and do not allow other parents to help at all. I was so disgusted by this behavior that it ruined any hope i had for the school. I feel as though they put too much emphasis on the state testing and not enough time on letting kids be kids. They are expected to do hours of homework each night and they are expected to act like adults and yelled at and nit picked even in younger grades. This school will break your heart. They put on a good show for prospective families with their "character" campaign. There are tons of bullies in this school and most of them are the entitled children of the parents who are running the show. This could be such an amazing school and an affordable option to private schools, unfortunately, it is being run by someone who is more concerned with being friends with moms and letting them steam roll over her. Do yourself a favor and skip this school all together.

Last modified Imagine School at Land O Lakes is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.