719 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted November 09, 2015
Our kids have been there from the very beginning. Great education, wonderful teachers and a focus on character development. It is a great school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 08, 2015
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to enroll our children at Imagine School of Land'O'Lakes

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 08, 2015
From our experience, the teachers format homework to supplement classroom instruction. It is never busy homework for a grade.

Posted October 08, 2015
We moved to Florida two years ago and were fortunate to be able to enroll our children in Imagine. We love the quaint atmosphere. Within a couple of weeks it seemed that everyone knew my children as if they had been there since Kindergarten. They take parents input and concerns very seriously and address it right away. My children were part of the Gifted and Talented program at their old school and even though this program is not available at Imagine; the teachers do amazing at keeping my children challenged and continuously encourage them to reach new goals. We feel extremely blessed to be part of Imagine. (Grades: 1st-3rd-5th-7th)

Posted February 25, 2015
I have been with Imagine since the school began. My daughter made such a wonderful transition into high school when she left Imagine. She was more confident, knowledgeable and ready to take on her classes. I have two children in Imagine that have started in Kindergarten and are working there way through. The teachers we have care about the children and their progress and communicate with us well. I do volunteer at the school and always feel welcome. As with most schools doing common core they do have a lot of information to teach the children and I am glad that the teachers offer tutoring for the kids that take a little longer to catch on. We do have music, art, pe, drama, as well as the teachers have offered many days of special Fridays for clubs that the kids can participate in (even some after school). I am glad to see that we are getting some sports added to the school with Basketball and Soccer. The atmosphere is family oriented and most teachers are like a second parent to the kids in their classroom offering encouragement, compassion and empathy. Thanks for all the character traits that you are encouraging through learning and I look forward to being here another 8 years.

Imagine School at Land O Lakes 4

Posted December 04, 2014
We are new to Imagine this year... The good: ~Small classes- 17 kids per class ~Specialized teachers- 2 teachers pair per grade; one teaches reading/social studies and the other math/science. The kids spend 1/2 the day with each teacher. I love this because they get 2 different styles of instruction AND the instructors become "experts" in their subject fields. ~Collaborative staff- The teachers plan as a team and since there are only 4 instructors per grade, there is a lot of team collaboration happening. ~Behaviors- we came from a public school where my child was exposed to disruptive and inappropriate behaviors on a regular basis. We have not seen ANY of those types of issues at Imagine. ~Community- Within the first weeks we felt more connected than we ever had at our public school Concerns: ~Rigor- Is it enough? That's a question for ALL schools facing Common Core so we are watching to see how the year goes ~Activities- the only special my kids have had is PE. They promised that there will be an additional specials teacher hired by January so fingers crossed. Imagine has lots of potential. We have high hopes as we continue in our year!

Posted December 04, 2014
I had the privilege to teach with this wonderful staff this year. There is an amazing sense of community and kindness here that I have not often seen in my 20 year career. The students echo their kind teachers making it a truly wonderful place with an amazing leadership team running Imagine. The principal is an ALL-STAR, and I will miss her and the staff very much. If you have a choice as a parent, I would choose Imagine for my child. :)

Imagine School at Land O Lakes 1

Posted September 13, 2014
My son attended this school for 1st grade. We had a horrible experience. They sent home 20 pages of Math homework, too much for a little 1st grader. They don't teach in this school, we had to get a tutor. There's a lot of favoritism no equal opportunity. They don't concentrate in academics and there were too many field trips in one school year. This school had a lot of non-sense activities, crazy hair & crazy socks day. This school was a total disappointment. Just because it s a good area doesn t mean it s a good school. Not everything that shines is gold. If you enroll your children in this school Good Luck & bless your heart.

Posted September 13, 2014
Unlike the other parents who report too many activities and not enough education, my children have had an amazing school experience. The teachers are caring and communicate well. We've received emails sharing praise (and notes with some growth goals too) which make us feel a part of the learning. I'm involved and offer my time. I believe this builds better relationships. While it might not be for everyone, there is something to be said about a 90% student return rate. ( all of this information is available online)

Imagine School at Land O Lakes 1

Posted August 04, 2014
I will not be re-enrolling my daughter at Imagine School, they don't teach in this school, I had to pay for tutoring. They have too many activities and they don't concentrate in academics. This school is a disappointment.

2940 Sunlake Boulevard, Land O' Lakes, FL  34638
Last modified Imagine School at Land O Lakes is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine School at Land O Lakes Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top