719 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I want so badly to love this school since we have been applying for charter schools for 4 years and finally got into one. However, I am not that impressed. The classes are smaller and I like that the learning is STEAM related. My child is miserable since starting this school. The children in her 4th grade class are snobby and mean. The children at her previous public school (in a poor area) were nicer. She has 2 bullies in her class and despite complaints, nothing is done to punish these bullies. In fact, one of the bullies is on student council despite her hateful nasty behavior. I was hoping the school would not tolerate this behavior considering they have a huge focus on the Character of their students. I hope things get better, but for now we are not very impressed. Our child felt better about herself at the D rated school she went to before.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The collaborative model of teaching that Imagine uses is outstanding. Teachers plan together with their grade-level and subject-level teams, and they also work together between grade levels when planning for student placements.

Amount of homework: Agree

Some days there are a lot of homework. Some days, not much. It evens out to be just about right.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Imagine's focus on character education helps keep these values at the forefront of learning. The students study character traits on a cycle throughout the year and the charter theme really shows.

Imagine is a special place. I have two children who have been in the elementary program for 2 years now and their growth has been phenomenal. The two-teacher model really allows instructors to specialize in a content area and develop collaborative lesson plans. One of my children is staffed for gifted and the teachers have done well accommodating her needs and leveling up her learning where needed. Socially, Imagine has been a welcoming place for my children and they have made deep connections with their peers. There is a true community feeling there that's lacking in the large 900+ student populations of public schools we attended prior to this. We are thankful for Imagine and for the positive learning environment it provides our children!

Our kids have been there from the very beginning. Great education, wonderful teachers and a focus on character development. It is a great school.

Amount of homework: Agree

From our experience, the teachers format homework to supplement classroom instruction. It is never busy homework for a grade.

We moved to Florida two years ago and were fortunate to be able to enroll our children in Imagine. We love the quaint atmosphere. Within a couple of weeks it seemed that everyone knew my children as if they had been there since Kindergarten. They take parents input and concerns very seriously and address it right away. My children were part of the Gifted and Talented program at their old school and even though this program is not available at Imagine; the teachers do amazing at keeping my children challenged and continuously encourage them to reach new goals. We feel extremely blessed to be part of Imagine. (Grades: 1st-3rd-5th-7th)

I have been with Imagine since the school began. My daughter made such a wonderful transition into high school when she left Imagine. She was more confident, knowledgeable and ready to take on her classes. I have two children in Imagine that have started in Kindergarten and are working there way through. The teachers we have care about the children and their progress and communicate with us well. I do volunteer at the school and always feel welcome. As with most schools doing common core they do have a lot of information to teach the children and I am glad that the teachers offer tutoring for the kids that take a little longer to catch on. We do have music, art, pe, drama, as well as the teachers have offered many days of special Fridays for clubs that the kids can participate in (even some after school). I am glad to see that we are getting some sports added to the school with Basketball and Soccer. The atmosphere is family oriented and most teachers are like a second parent to the kids in their classroom offering encouragement, compassion and empathy. Thanks for all the character traits that you are encouraging through learning and I look forward to being here another 8 years.

We are new to Imagine this year... The good: ~Small classes- 17 kids per class ~Specialized teachers- 2 teachers pair per grade; one teaches reading/social studies and the other math/science. The kids spend 1/2 the day with each teacher. I love this because they get 2 different styles of instruction AND the instructors become "experts" in their subject fields. ~Collaborative staff- The teachers plan as a team and since there are only 4 instructors per grade, there is a lot of team collaboration happening. ~Behaviors- we came from a public school where my child was exposed to disruptive and inappropriate behaviors on a regular basis. We have not seen ANY of those types of issues at Imagine. ~Community- Within the first weeks we felt more connected than we ever had at our public school Concerns: ~Rigor- Is it enough? That's a question for ALL schools facing Common Core so we are watching to see how the year goes ~Activities- the only special my kids have had is PE. They promised that there will be an additional specials teacher hired by January so fingers crossed. Imagine has lots of potential. We have high hopes as we continue in our year!

Last modified Imagine School at Land O Lakes is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.