973 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers spend their own time and money to give back to these children. I have first hand seen teachers spend late nights making sure they have the most effective lesson plans ready for children. They are constantly working to make sure the kids have everything they need to succeed.

We moved to Connerton just to put our kids in this school. The community is a great place to live and the school is wonderful from ALL aspects. The staff is always willing to go above and beyond to help even if it's not their actual job. The teachers genuinely care about the children and strive to give them the best educational experience. Teachers spend their own time and money not during school hours to give these children all they need to succeed and as parents it's important to be aware of that. The principal and administrative staff are great advocates to make Connerton the best school. The new principal has already implemented improvements such as rewards for good behavior as snow cones every Friday for the best class in each grade, the cookie dough fundraiser to help improve technology in the school, he brought back the COES news, is in the works of implementing a gifted program as well as the assistant principal takes the time to read with kids who need one on one time when that's not necessarily her required duties as assistant principal. The PTA is a group of parents who volunteer their time in order to support Connerton. The PTA 100% supports the staff and administrators. The school , staff and PTA help make Connerton the GREAT school or truly is. As parents we have to remember it's our responsibility to be a positive role model and advocate for our children. So instead of complaining about the school spend more time volunteering and advocating in a positive way to implement great changes for this school. As the saying goes it takes a village to raise children. I love Connerton Elementary School!

I have two children at COES, and we love our school! Every issue and concern I bring to the staff is taken seriously and resolved quickly. Mr. Abernathy, the principal, is making great changes to the school. The staff and parents adore him! My children's teachers are kind, intellegent people who really care about what they do, and my child's academic success. The entire staff goes above and beyond to insure the children are safe and well cared for. Connerton is a great school, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Admin staff are great. Always willing to help.

I love Connerton. The staff is great. The negative folks need to head over to another school. My child has thrived here. Thank you Connerton.

Every time I go to Connerton the Principal walks by and doesn't acknowledge parents, even while they are in the front office. Once he didn't have his school ID badge on while walking around campus and another parent questioned him who he was. There seems to be no professional dress code anymore as Admin and staff are constantly wearing jeans. I'm so disappointed in how much the school has changed this year. I'm afraid more veteran staff will leave after this year because the atmosphere there has changed so much for the worst.

This is the worst elementary school in Pasco County. The classes are overcrowded, there are no aids due to budget cuts & the main staff including the Principal changes almost every year. The new Principal (again) sits around all day doing nothing as I volunteer at this school and have observed him since day one. I don't recommended this school to anyone. This school is so disorganized and a major disappointment to the Connerton area. My child has been left ALONE with NO SUPERVISION whatsoever on several occasions. My child is not allowed to use the bathroom during the day because of ONE student who makes a mess in the bathroom. He complains everyday that he could only go to the bathroom at home because of this ONE student! This is the last year that he will be attending this school because we have already been through 3 Principals & will likely get another one next year because the PTA is outraged by this Principal's performance. This school is sadly a disgrace to this beautiful community. I moved here because the school was inside my community & was rated highly. Now, it's rated a 6 & will likely drop next year again.

It is hard to leave such a high remark for Connerton and the only reason is because my childs teacher is extremely nice. The negative aspects about this school far outweigh the positive ones though. The front office staff is not a warm welcoming group of people. One lady whose office is behind the front desk has not smiled one time that we have gone in there. In fact she often times seems irritated that she might have to to actually help a parent. My main other complaint is the PE teacher with the blue and purple hair. Honestly, if you are going to be employed at a elementary school you should at least like children. Telling a group of 1st graders that you do not want to see their faces the rest of the day is not a great way to start the school year. My child cries to sleep on PE days and begs me not to send them to school the next day. The principal of Connerton would be wise to travel around to local schools where people are happy and take notes. Children crying to sleep about going to school because of a bully of a PE teacher is quite ridiculous. We will NOT be returning next year!

I feel my son has learned and flourished tremendously. I have never had any issues that hasn't promptly been resolve. My son is sad that this is his last year at Connerton . We love all the teachers but most of all Mr. Tudor .

Pasco County has done such a poor job of planning and now this elementary has 1,000 students in it (not an exaggeration, actual enrollment). They have 12 kindergarten classes and many classes being "co-taught", which means that 2 teachers and around 40 kids are crammed into a regular-sized classroom. Such a disappointment. The campus is really nice but Pasco county schools have not kept up with the growth in this area and now schools are bursting at the seams. This created a school that is impersonal and anonymous. We are disappointed overall by the lack of a community feeling in the school and by how huge and institutional it is.

Last modified Connerton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.