Connerton Elementary School 2

Posted September 22, 2014
Pasco County has done such a poor job of planning and now this elementary has 1,000 students in it (not an exaggeration, actual enrollment). They have 12 kindergarten classes and many classes being "co-taught", which means that 2 teachers and around 40 kids are crammed into a regular-sized classroom. Such a disappointment. The campus is really nice but Pasco county schools have not kept up with the growth in this area and now schools are bursting at the seams. This created a school that is impersonal and anonymous. We are disappointed overall by the lack of a community feeling in the school and by how huge and institutional it is.

Connerton Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2014
Today was the last day of school and my daughter's first year in first grade. I have to say at the beginning of the year it was good but once they began breaking my daughter's first grade class into a different class for whatever reason is when things changed drastically and downhill it went. She went through 3 different teachers, and communication between parents and teachers was non existent. It's sad! I was never fond of the front officer people and today just confirmed it! I will give them one more year before I seriously speak my mind to them about this school and the job their doing. They need to do better!

Posted May 24, 2014
This is school is such a great place to work. Our new principal is awesome and she really cares for all the kids. Everything our school does is right for children. This a school I would trust to educate my own children.

Posted May 16, 2014
The Principal and teacher at that school create a lot of fabrications to harm children's reputation. It is sad the way they cover up after their actions and allow kids to be punished because of their actions. They are bullies. A child does not have a chance in pasco county when something happens at one school because they carry it on to other schools. Worse school district ever.

Posted April 29, 2014
We are the Champions and it shows in our children!! Love this school!! Great teachers and staff!!

Posted January 13, 2014
My son has been at this school since it opened and he used to have some great positive teachers. I don't know what's happened to the place but I can only describe the attitude of his teachers this year as surly. Clearly they hate their jobs and, as a result, my son is starting to hate going to school. I'll be moving him to a more positive environment as soon as I can.

Posted November 16, 2013
Connerton is as bad as they come. Though lowering my property value by writing this, the school is terrible. My child is illiterate and cannot learn successfully from this school. The staff doesn't give a hoot about any opinions that are voiced. The new principal is a joke along with their education standards. Had to send child to private school. Just terrible.

Posted August 19, 2013
My family and I relocated to Florida from Fairfield, CT a month ago. Finding a new school which not only had great ratings but a warm feeling once we visited was VERY important to us. After selecting a neighborhood we realized Connerton Elementary was the public school we were zoned for. Unfortunately after reading negative reviews we became not only alarmed but very apprehensive. I decided to visit the school and met the front office staff, and principles. Within minutes I felt a sense of relief! Not only were they very friendly, they reassured me the school was very safe as well. We lived twenty minutes from Sandy Hook Elementary and safety for our 7 year old is TOP priority. Mrs. Kinsman our son's 2nd great teacher seems very interactive and I'm SURE our son will stay engaged to learn with her as a teacher. We look forward to our years at Connerton elementary and wish the staff the best!

Connerton Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2013
Connerton's Principal is up for termination pending allegations of insubordination, breach of ethics and the board is working to revoke her license. You decipher what you believe to be true about Anna Falcone when you see the articles and the comments that follow in the Tampa Bay Times, St. Pete Times, TampaBayOnline (TBO), the Land O' Lakes Patch, and other various media sources. The things that are stated therein are only the tip of the iceberg. Over 25 teachers of a mere 30, transferred to other schools within the district to get away from such a principal and her underhanded ways of "leading" her employees. Those that stayed, did it for their own children who attend the school, trying not to uproot them midway through their elementary schooling. Now that Mrs. Falcone is gone and can no longer work for the Pasco County School District, Connerton will be 200% better than it ever has for the students, teachers, support staff, community, and the surrounding/supporting stakeholders. Enjoy the new Connerton for what it has the ability to become!!

Posted February 14, 2013
Connerton is a fabulous school that truly centers around students as it should. This week my kids have been talking about campaign kindness and hoe they will get to make special desserts with guidance and administration. I love the enthusiasm that everyone models for our students. I appreciate everyone at that school for having an impact on my children!

Connerton Elementary School
9300 Flourish Drive, Land O' Lakes, FL  34637
Last modified Connerton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Connerton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top