Pine View Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 928 students

Posted April 27, 2014

We moved from NY to this area for the school district. Great school and great teachers. We are very pleased.

Posted April 26, 2014

Horrible school my child went here there were a lot of fights hate this school horrible teachers I recommend rushe middle school very nice education system my kids love it and so do I

Posted November 6, 2013

I am so grateful that we transferred my child to this school after a horrible year at the school we are zoned for. She has had a great experience here. The principal and vice principal are smart ladies that are involved and caring. This place has it's act together.

Posted August 29, 2013

I went to Pine View Middle School for my 6th and 7th grade year. Currently I am in the 8th grade. I am now in Florida Virtual School and it is much more challenging then the PVMS gifted program ever was. But at the time I thought I was getting a good education, which you will its just that there are other choices that may be a lot better. There are drugs throughout the school, one guy actually got arrested. But take it from a student, if you stay away from that, you will be perfectly fine. The only reason my parents pulled me out was because we wanted to do some traveling and to get me ready for my AP courses. The gifted program is a lot more secluded then the rest of the school, but you still have other friends that aren't in the "Cheetah's" team because your electives are mixed up with other people. I had all A's except for math which is not my strong subject, I had B's all year. The math teacher for 6 and 7 is horrible! I've heard the 8th gr teacher is good though. The English teacher is AMAZING! There are still some "cliques" going on but its not that bad. Overall this school is amazing! I loved it there, but you may still be able to find a better choice.

Posted November 8, 2012

Our child is a straight A Honor Roll student & actually likes the majority of teachers. Our problem is the administration. There is a lack of effort put forth to be a cohesive school with both student & parent participation. The principal doesn't have a clue as to what clubs/groups are meeting and when. The PTSA holds its meetings at a time that is extremely inconvenient for working parents, & isn't (can't?) willing to change. The faculty don't seem to want to help the PTSA accomplish any of its fundraising goals. The administration doesn't encourage faculty participation any more than they encourage parent/student participation. The new assistant principal brought in Fall 2012 shoots down many of the PTSA efforts, even when the majority of members are in agreement. Many school functions are held immediately after school & end around 5pm, but the administration complains about the lack of parent support/participation! The majority of teachers are good & do the best they can within the strict teaching guidelines, but the administration starting with the principal needs to be completely revamped. Someone with enthusiasm & new ideas for participation needs to be brought in.

Posted May 6, 2012

I would highly recommend this school! My son has recently been attending a private school, we started noticing the lack of teaching skills in his year of seventh grade. This school is a Christian school, and the main focus was on Christianity, but the teaching was horrible. We looked into Pine View Middle School, it had great reviews and our son attended this school in eight grade. It was a great school, most middle schools have a bad environment , this school was perfect. All the kids were nice, and the teachers strive for excellence.My son always cam home from Pine View feeling like he learned a lot, and everyone was friendly. I would definitely recommend Pine View Middle School!

Posted April 26, 2012

The teachers are excellent but the environment is bad. :-( Sorry but I do NOT recommend this school.

Posted October 8, 2010

We are new to Florida and my son is in 8th grade. We came from a state that had horrible middle schools/high schools. My husband and I were concerned on how our son would do here. Turns out the staff/teachers here are WONDERFUL! I can not believe that my son wants to see his grades on line and is working very hard to get straight A's. He talks about his teachers all the time and is inspired by them.. The teachers really are organized and work very hard for our kids. We are very happy with this school!!

Posted May 21, 2009

This school has done so much great things to me like having straight B`s to straight A`s !
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 18, 2006

Since this is our daughters first year at Pine View Middle school (8th grade) I can say thus far it has been wonderful. The open house was oragnized and friendly. The staff and tour guides (students) were just helpful and welcoming. The Principal is very charming and professonal. The building itself is a bit older, but charming. There is artwork (murals) throughout the school which I think is great, and the Lunchroom is very clean. The media center could be larger and a better selection of books. I liked the elective programs that it offers to the students. Staff are accomadating and very knowledgable. The buses are on time and clean and the overall students are sweet, great kids. Pine view made our daughters experience easy so far.

Posted January 13, 2006

We love Pineview Middle School, so does our son. Are you concerned about your child's homework? You can look up their assignments every day through Scholastic.com, know exactly what needs to be completed for the next day. Want to know if they turned in their homework? Right, you can check that, plus follow their everyday grading through e-sembler, homework, test scores, it's been great for us. I believe in being kept informed, it gives me the opportunity to better serve my son's school needs. Yes, we love Pineview.

Posted August 19, 2005

Pvms does a good job of getting the students through the akward age of adolescence. It is extremely overcrowded though, but the teachers have done a good job adapting. My real concern (and should be all parents concern) is security. Our elected officials need to consider the continued growth at these schools, and the way we pack our children in like sardines in a can. Let's stop so much development in pasco county until we can be sure our children are safe and we can build more schools, esp. Middle and high schools in land o lakes. We are the forgotten community in pasco! how can we possibly expect to enroll any more students at pvms?

Posted July 27, 2005

A great school, great leadership, very good teachers. Our son had a few problems at first (6th grade) but the teachers and staff were very supportive, and I feel went out of their way and made every effort to help and encourage him. Thanks, we look forward to another great year at Pine View.

Posted January 8, 2005

The administration was terrific- very caring and involved. The parent involvement was wonderful. One of the truly outstanding aspects of this school was it's art program. A quick walk through the school- with mural adorned walls everywhere- will impress even the toughest critic.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 19, 2004

Our daughter has attended PVMS for 2 years, after a move from the Midwest. The students and staff are very outgoing and friendly. Overall, we have been pleased with most of the teachers. There are some teachers who have been a bit more opinionated on political issues than we feel is appropriate in a middle school classroom, but like our religious beliefs, we teach politics at home.

Posted September 18, 2003

All four of my children have had an excellent experience at PVMS.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

299 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

300 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

313 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

315 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

301 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

302 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

302 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

299 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

266 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

90 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 12%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • A school 7years in a row (2007)

Special education / special needs