924 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

We moved from NY to this area for the school district. Great school and great teachers. We are very pleased.

Horrible school my child went here there were a lot of fights hate this school horrible teachers I recommend rushe middle school very nice education system my kids love it and so do I

I am so grateful that we transferred my child to this school after a horrible year at the school we are zoned for. She has had a great experience here. The principal and vice principal are smart ladies that are involved and caring. This place has it's act together.

I went to Pine View Middle School for my 6th and 7th grade year. Currently I am in the 8th grade. I am now in Florida Virtual School and it is much more challenging then the PVMS gifted program ever was. But at the time I thought I was getting a good education, which you will its just that there are other choices that may be a lot better. There are drugs throughout the school, one guy actually got arrested. But take it from a student, if you stay away from that, you will be perfectly fine. The only reason my parents pulled me out was because we wanted to do some traveling and to get me ready for my AP courses. The gifted program is a lot more secluded then the rest of the school, but you still have other friends that aren't in the "Cheetah's" team because your electives are mixed up with other people. I had all A's except for math which is not my strong subject, I had B's all year. The math teacher for 6 and 7 is horrible! I've heard the 8th gr teacher is good though. The English teacher is AMAZING! There are still some "cliques" going on but its not that bad. Overall this school is amazing! I loved it there, but you may still be able to find a better choice.

Our child is a straight A Honor Roll student & actually likes the majority of teachers. Our problem is the administration. There is a lack of effort put forth to be a cohesive school with both student & parent participation. The principal doesn't have a clue as to what clubs/groups are meeting and when. The PTSA holds its meetings at a time that is extremely inconvenient for working parents, & isn't (can't?) willing to change. The faculty don't seem to want to help the PTSA accomplish any of its fundraising goals. The administration doesn't encourage faculty participation any more than they encourage parent/student participation. The new assistant principal brought in Fall 2012 shoots down many of the PTSA efforts, even when the majority of members are in agreement. Many school functions are held immediately after school & end around 5pm, but the administration complains about the lack of parent support/participation! The majority of teachers are good & do the best they can within the strict teaching guidelines, but the administration starting with the principal needs to be completely revamped. Someone with enthusiasm & new ideas for participation needs to be brought in.

I would highly recommend this school! My son has recently been attending a private school, we started noticing the lack of teaching skills in his year of seventh grade. This school is a Christian school, and the main focus was on Christianity, but the teaching was horrible. We looked into Pine View Middle School, it had great reviews and our son attended this school in eight grade. It was a great school, most middle schools have a bad environment , this school was perfect. All the kids were nice, and the teachers strive for excellence.My son always cam home from Pine View feeling like he learned a lot, and everyone was friendly. I would definitely recommend Pine View Middle School!

The teachers are excellent but the environment is bad. :-( Sorry but I do NOT recommend this school.

We are new to Florida and my son is in 8th grade. We came from a state that had horrible middle schools/high schools. My husband and I were concerned on how our son would do here. Turns out the staff/teachers here are WONDERFUL! I can not believe that my son wants to see his grades on line and is working very hard to get straight A's. He talks about his teachers all the time and is inspired by them.. The teachers really are organized and work very hard for our kids. We are very happy with this school!!

This school has done so much great things to me like having straight B`s to straight A`s !

Last modified Pine View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.