665 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Can not wait to pull my child from this school. Awful communication between teachers and parents. They have taken all of the fun out of education and only care about FSA standards. Half of the time I never knew when my child was being tested on subjects in school because of the poor communication. Very outdated school and not very secure school grounds. They also discourage parent involvement in the classroom, which is very strange.

Teachers are great but no communication from the Principal or VP - VP. Not at all happy with how the Admins don't communicate with the parents. ESE kids get the raw end of the deal!

Develops character: Disagree

They preach the honesty part to the students but the don't practice what they preach. So disgusted with the Administration there.

I've been a parent at Lake Myrtle for the last 4 years. I am very happy with the school as a whole and am very involved in the school. Administration listens when you have a concern and bases decisions on both parent and teacher input. Am very happy with Lake Myrtle and will keep my children there through 5th grade.

A great school year with our new principal. I'm grateful for the leadership he provided for the teachers, staff and students.

New principal that is very loving and all about the children. He is organized and is greatly missed as the VP at another school. Lake Myrtle is very blessed to have him! If you are looking at any reviews from 2011 or later, please take with a grain of salt. A new principal has taken over and the school he came from was very efficient mostly because of him.

My child is just completing 1st grade here & wont be back. The first day of school for K & 1st they couldn't find her when I came to pick her up. The K teacher was wonderful & TRULY loved her kids but was hassled all year by the "higher" ups & let go. The 1st grade teacher is an older teacher who needs to retire & stop making school miserable for our 6 year olds. Luckily my child is a self starter & excels in every subject or she would have been lost. I fought to have my child removed from the class & multiple times the principal & VP dropped the ball on my complaints. For 2 weeks i was given promises & for 2 weeks they "forgot" to call me back, on the third week I was apologized to profusely & told lets start fresh. The VP said she would be waiting on the drop off loop to take my child to her new class & new teacher. Monday morning came & not only was she not there but the teacher my child was placed with, who by the way is wonderful, had NO idea who we were or why my child was there, again they dropped the ball. In closing Lake Myrtle does have some really GREAT teachers but their efforts are overshadowed by disorganized "higher ups" who are better at making excuses than progress

This school was great but it's been declining in recent years. I have been a parent of kids here for over 5 yrs and finally NOW I decided I have had enough. When your child is left ALONE outside for over 20mins and they had NO idea he was there nor alone and when I question I get "We have over 800kids in the school we can't keep track of all of them" I say. Time to move on! And YES, this was the response I truly received! Teachers are wonderful but overshadowed by the horrible management!

Lake Myrtle provides a safe and caring environment. The teachers know how to identify student academic needs and know how to provide intensive instruction for those needs. My daughter began school struggling and is now succeeding because of the proper interventions that were put in place for her. I am very pleased with the overall program the school offers. This is definately a top notch school.

Lake Myrtle has a caring, safe, learning environment for the students. The school has been rated an A+ school since grades have been given in the state of Florida. The faculty and staff are excellent and care about the well being of the students and parents.

Last modified Lake Myrtle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.