653 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

I moved my children from this school after being there for 2 1/2 years. The teachers are wonderful, but the administration has no interest in the children, only test scores. They do not welcome parent involvement and discourage parents from eating lunch with their children because it "disrupts their learning." Communication was terrible as well. Most of my neighbors have also pulled their children from this school for similar reasons. any school that discourages parental involvement sends up red flags to me. All three of my school age children attend Sanders now and the environment could not be more different. Parent involvement is encouraged and welcomed, the Principal knew my kids names within weeks. Very impressive

Pay no attention to the signs on the wall. Bullying is completely accepted at this school.

We moved from NY to this area for the school district and we are very pleased. Great school and great teachers.

Pine View has been a good transition for my daughter, she attended Montessori for a few years prior and even though she was very advanced academically, she lacked some socialization skills. Ms. Beck (k) has been great! she has provided me with feedback that has made my daughter's success a teamwork strategy. She reads every night, loves Math and Social Studies. The classroom size is manageable which allows the teacher enough interaction with the kids. So far my husband and I are very pleased.

The teaching at the school has dropped dramatically. Teachers are focusing too much on testing for the FCAT and not teaching our children the fundamentals. Dropping 2 letters is ridiculous after being an A school for all its years. Things need to change or parents are going to start utilitzing school choice to get away from PVES!

This school rating has dropped from an a to a c (a low c) for a reason. Common core is ridiculous, the system seems to feel the children work on an assembly line. Instead of individuality, they are to all conform and work as one mind. The staff dramatically changes yearly, as well as the administration. The present admin seems less interested than all the previous "ones". Check the scores, someone is failing our children, or perhaps the teachers don't even understand the curriculum. Embarrassing.

Great school, awful principal! Thankfully she has been removed. Communication could be better also. This was the first year my kids attended. One teacher was wonderful the other, a gifted teacher was the pits!

Both my kids studied in this school, the school has lost its focus on education after the change in the Principal. Home work is non-existent, project work is given at the last minute. Lot of slippage from communication part from teachers. The teachers even in gifted PODs are struggling with planning, organizing and communication. If this trend continues, soon it will loose its rating.

Pine View is an A Rated school and has been for years! One of the things I like about the school is if you are zoned for here, you likely will also attend Pine view Middle School and Land O Lakes high School, ALL A rates schools for many many years! (even better reports than some of the newer High schools nearby). I don't care for the change in administration (i.e. the 3 principals in 7 years, and 4 different AP), also didn't really like the teacher they prompted to Assistant Principal. Her people skills are awful. All in all, I don't interact much with the administration, only child's teacher and we have had GREAT experiences with the teachers. So far they've all been EXCELLENT, really well educated (many of them have masters in teaching), and are amazing with kids. Their teaching styles are great, and we've REALLY enjoyed the 8 years we've been here (with multiple children). School gets an A+ in my book, would merely change a few things administratively.

I love PVES!!! I've had three children go through Pine View and we've had nothing but a great experience. Parents are always welcome to come in a help in the classrooms and the staff is very friendly. You can tell that they love children. From the front office to the teachers and Admin. Pine View is Awesome!

Last modified Pine View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.