Pine View Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
Pay no attention to the signs on the wall. Bullying is completely accepted at this school.

Posted April 27, 2014
We moved from NY to this area for the school district and we are very pleased. Great school and great teachers.

Posted April 02, 2014
Pine View has been a good transition for my daughter, she attended Montessori for a few years prior and even though she was very advanced academically, she lacked some socialization skills. Ms. Beck (k) has been great! she has provided me with feedback that has made my daughter's success a teamwork strategy. She reads every night, loves Math and Social Studies. The classroom size is manageable which allows the teacher enough interaction with the kids. So far my husband and I are very pleased.

Pine View Elementary School 2

Posted October 30, 2013
The teaching at the school has dropped dramatically. Teachers are focusing too much on testing for the FCAT and not teaching our children the fundamentals. Dropping 2 letters is ridiculous after being an A school for all its years. Things need to change or parents are going to start utilitzing school choice to get away from PVES!

Pine View Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2013
This school rating has dropped from an a to a c (a low c) for a reason. Common core is ridiculous, the system seems to feel the children work on an assembly line. Instead of individuality, they are to all conform and work as one mind. The staff dramatically changes yearly, as well as the administration. The present admin seems less interested than all the previous "ones". Check the scores, someone is failing our children, or perhaps the teachers don't even understand the curriculum. Embarrassing.

Posted June 12, 2013
Great school, awful principal! Thankfully she has been removed. Communication could be better also. This was the first year my kids attended. One teacher was wonderful the other, a gifted teacher was the pits!

Pine View Elementary School 2

Posted April 21, 2013
Both my kids studied in this school, the school has lost its focus on education after the change in the Principal. Home work is non-existent, project work is given at the last minute. Lot of slippage from communication part from teachers. The teachers even in gifted PODs are struggling with planning, organizing and communication. If this trend continues, soon it will loose its rating.

Posted August 28, 2012
Pine View is an A Rated school and has been for years! One of the things I like about the school is if you are zoned for here, you likely will also attend Pine view Middle School and Land O Lakes high School, ALL A rates schools for many many years! (even better reports than some of the newer High schools nearby). I don't care for the change in administration (i.e. the 3 principals in 7 years, and 4 different AP), also didn't really like the teacher they prompted to Assistant Principal. Her people skills are awful. All in all, I don't interact much with the administration, only child's teacher and we have had GREAT experiences with the teachers. So far they've all been EXCELLENT, really well educated (many of them have masters in teaching), and are amazing with kids. Their teaching styles are great, and we've REALLY enjoyed the 8 years we've been here (with multiple children). School gets an A+ in my book, would merely change a few things administratively.

Posted June 02, 2012
I love PVES!!! I've had three children go through Pine View and we've had nothing but a great experience. Parents are always welcome to come in a help in the classrooms and the staff is very friendly. You can tell that they love children. From the front office to the teachers and Admin. Pine View is Awesome!

Posted April 14, 2012
My first kid completed 5th grade from PVES and my second kid is currently studying at PVES. There were issues when the Principal changed but they have stabilized with their education focused priorities. It would be nice if they can send the communications about events little earlier otherwise I don't see any major setback from qualified teachers perspective. Could there be better schools, you bet - but this is not bad as some have portrayed.

Pine View Elementary School
5333 Parkway Boulevard, Land O' Lakes, FL  34639
Last modified Pine View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top