Public charter
Land O' Lakes, FL

Posted November 24, 2014
Cmcs is great. Bridgette, Holly, and Nancy make a great office staff. I always feel welcome to come in and ive never had any problems. I am very happy my child is in the best school of all of Pasco county! i know that my child is truly getting the advanced education she needs.

Posted December 15, 2013
I am so glad to have been part of the Countryside Montessori family for the last four years. Both my sons have thrived in the Montessori environment and I could not ask for more caring teachers and administrators. They truly focus on the "whole child."

Posted November 15, 2013
I moved my son here in 2nd grade after having issues at a different school. Best decision I ever made. The teachers and office staff are amazing. My daughter is now there too and we love it!! The level of education my kids receive there far surpasses anything they learned in a tradional public school.

Posted November 10, 2013
I went to Countryside for many years and had no problem transitioning into High School or Middle School. I believe the experience I had helped me to adapt, learn, and grow outside of Countryside. Being in the same class with the same teachers/students gave me a solid foundation and kept my learning on track. I can't speak to fundraising concerns, but I can say that my teachers and the administration showed my nothing but respect and caring. And by the way, if your child can't transition into high school, it's not a Montessori problem!

Countryside Montessori Academy 1

Posted November 06, 2013
Our child went to this school 5 years-good experience with the lower elementary teachers. The upper elementary are primarily bullies, gossip openly to one another about other children in front of students, and are condescending to parents. Owners are concerned with pushing "cougar cards" ad nauseam and have a "what have you done for us lately" attitude. Our child has thrived away from this place. Plus, good luck with transitioning into high school when you have had the same teacher in the same room for years. Drank their kool aid, but we see the light now.

Countryside Montessori Academy 1

Posted October 27, 2013
CMA is not a Montessori school it is a charter school with good marketing. If you get a great teacher you are going to enjoy your experience. If you have power and influence like a Radio DJ and can move your child into a better classroom then you will be ok. This could be better than the alternative of a public education. However, CMA will run you out of the school if you go against their will. We left and it has benefited our child tremendously. It is all marketing, hype, and very risky for the future of our child. SInce moving into a good school district in another county our child has caught up to proper education levels and is much happier. We too are much happier with the programs provided by the district. I am glad we are not longer a part of this program and we were for 5+ years.

Posted August 07, 2012
My Child is going into 4Th grade and has excelled in all of her test scores. the teachers are attentive and caring. It is the best free public school education out there. we travel 30 minutes to bring our daughter to school and feel the trip is well worth it. He reading and math comprehension is far above that of her friends in other public and private schools.

Posted July 19, 2012
I have two children, one who was in Montessori all his life and completed school at CMCS from 1 grade to 6 grade and a fifth grader currently in the school. The school is what every parent wishes for their child, well trained staff that care for the students as a whole and NOT only about academics.They are caring and go above and beyond their call of duty.Very often I will pass the school way after school hours and I see the teachers are still in school working, they are trully pascionate about the child. My oldest child is now in a traditional Pasco County High School and the biggest achivements noted by his teachers are his self confidence, organization , how kind and respectful he is, advocacy ,leadership. All this adjectives describe the student CMCS molded and developed. Now I can see my fith grader following his brother footsteps. The principal drives over 45 minutes daily from her residence and she is quoted often saying that she will drive even more because she loves her job and her family at CMCS. Lower and upper Level Teachers are simply amazing. We are static with the opening of the new middle school program for 2012-2013 SECONDARY 1. GOOD LUCK CMCS and THANK YOU!

Countryside Montessori Academy 2

Posted December 08, 2011
If you have a child with a learning disability or ADD/ADHD, steer clear of this school. They have no idea how to help your child. We have a child with ADD who is quiet, bright, well-liked and well-behaved. Her lack of progress was missed as she got Ss as grades for 2 years before a standardized test let us know that she was not at grade level. The failure to see her attentional problem set her back a grade level in school. We now have her at an A rated public school where there is caring and support and she is performing well. I've heard a number of stories from parents of kids who don't thrive in this particular school. All LD kids are weeded out by grade 4 in a less than sensitive manner. (A sense of superiority from those with the normal kid too. ) Yet, Maria Montessori is known to have adapted her guidance for ALL kids--especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds. Our child is from a well educated family who needed repetitive exercises to master skills . This school had no clue how to help her learn best. Thank goodness we moved her in time.

Posted October 17, 2011
My child attended Countryside Montessori Charter School for the last 2 years. She received an excellent education that put her ahead of her peers when we had to move to LA. When moving to LA, she tested above average for her reading and writing skills and as a third grader she is reading at a 6th grade level. These successes would not have been possible without the guidance and leadership of her teachers. The staff at CMCS works on deveoping the whole child, academically and socially. We are very pleased with the level of education that our daughter received while attending CMCS.

Countryside Montessori Academy
5852 Ehren Cutoff, Land O' Lakes, FL  34639
Last modified Countryside Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 1-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Countryside Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top