Land O' Lakes, FL
Students enrolled: 1,121

Posted June 08, 2015
So far our first year at oakstead has been amazing! My daughter has learned so much and is excelling in every level! We love all of the activities and field trips they do for the kids as well as the staff!

Posted February 08, 2015
We had our kids here for a few years. It is just too big. Its K-5 and there are close to 1400 students. The classes that my children were put into had well above the number of students they should have. Both of my children are sensitive and it was heart breaking to drop them off each day. They were just a number at this school. The drop off and pick up is a nightmare. I ended up spending almost an hour and a half in my car each day. I am still stumped as to why there is not a staggered drop off and pick up time for different grades. That would alleviate some of the congestion and traffic that takes place outside of the school daily. On a positive note the teachers were great. They seemed positive and helpful. I just feel as though the school is too big to house as many kids as they have. Its a shame I think if Oakstead had half the number of kids or one third it would be a fantastic school where kids could thrive and grow. Unfortunately, kids are not treated as individuals. There is no way a teacher can honestly get to know a child in the size of the classes. I opted to homeschool my children this year, until I can find a school with smaller class sizes.

Oakstead Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2014
Aesthetically it is a beautiful school. If your are into "clicks" and snobby staff, this is the school for you, my son had a FANTASTIC teach for 4th grade last year. I am still trying to figure out WHAT my daughters retiring first grade teach taught her. Even if you're actively involved with your child's education, at this school you have to be MORE involved, otherwise you do not find out pertinent information unless your child tells you, or it is the end of the year and too late. When asking administration to call you back, be prepared to make that call 5-10 times before getting a return call. MUCH room for improvement.

Oakstead Elementary School 2

Posted June 25, 2014
We had heard wonderful things about this school prior to moving out this area and I was excited for my children to attend. I have been extremely disappointed in this school. I feel like there is no consistency with the kids and what they are learning. I was not happy with my son's progress and kept raising my concern with the teacher throughout the school year. Finally in March she tells me she has concerns about his academic progress. I had one conference with her early in the year and she was completely unprepared. I feel like the use of technology and regular learning is not balanced. I was told they were learning how to type on the computer and use spell check yet the teacher didn;t believe in spelling tests and my son's spelling was so horrible that I was coming home from work and having him do spelling tests. If I had more options, I would be looking at other schools. Not happy at all.

Oakstead Elementary School 4

Posted June 25, 2014
I like my school because I learn new things and math. We have a lot of books, time for play,we are taught how to behave, and school is good

Posted April 27, 2014
Our little one is attending this school and 3rd child. To put it simple Mrs. Peloquin rocks, she embraces technology and send updates regularly about reading material and websites to read from. We have two other kids studied in other elementary school which was rocking but lost its edge, thanks to Mrs. Kimpland's stewardship and Staff's teamwork this school is keeping its edge compared to other elementary schools around (including a Charter one). The key thing to Student's success is Parent's involvement, approach Staff with respect for handling 1000+ kids day-in & day-out, paricipate in meetings and provide constructive feedback in meetings. Together we can make it better by fixing any minor flaws.

Posted April 25, 2014
the school is like a jail , at lunch time the kids get yell because of talking . I don't think is fair the staff there don't have feeling for the kids is like this people don't have hearts. I saw an incident that the staff make kindergarten to pick up a little crumbs with their bare hands no wonder why the kids get so sick , the staff is lazy people please do your work any way you get paid by our taxes, I wish every kids could be at home schooling then this ladies where are they going to be pay to be lazy ladies!!!

Oakstead Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2013
Great school, my son graduated here 2 years ago and now my daughter is in Kindergarten, can't say enough, the administration and teachers are very professional lead by their principal Mrs. Kimpland. Keep up the good work!

Posted October 02, 2013
Good school my son has been here two years. Happy with them so far. I would recommend.

Posted September 21, 2013
I had to rip my kids out of this school, they went from straight A's there past 4 years in a different school to D's! The teachers have no heart they are there for a paycheck and don't have feelings towards the kids! Staff is snotty and stuck up! My kids attended for 1 month and their grades dropped that bad, didn't sound right at all to me and I saw my kids confidence change right infront of my eyes, they came home heart broken over class work & missing 1 question and got c's & d's!??, Money greedy, and all they want the kids to do is get on computers, iphones, ipads and learn through that so they dont have to teach! Lazy lazy lazy lazy! Dont hurt your kids by sendig them there please!!

Oakstead Elementary School
19925 Lake Patience Road, Land O' Lakes, FL  34638
Last modified Oakstead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakstead Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top