Land O' Lakes, FL
Students enrolled: 1,285

Posted November 14, 2014
My son is in 6th grade and he is receiving quality education. The staff at Rushe care about their student's success. My son loves everything about Rushe and often comments how great his school is! Sending him to this school was 100% the best decision for our family.

Posted September 29, 2014
I had a child who attended Rushe for 3 years and another for 2. We moved north and had to leave the school. The administration of this school is interested in the students' well being and their progress.The Principal sets high standards for excellence but also is constantly seeking ways to motivate the students and make Rushe a fun place to be.My two sons had excellent teachers.The administration is also fully supportive of the music program; the band program is excellent and leads to Sunlake which has one of the best bands in the state--lots of cooperation and interaction between the middle and high school bands.Rushe was a great place to be.We hate that our younger son did not get to finish his 8th grade year there.Kudos to the administration and the teachers! Despite County budget cuts,they make things happen.Wonderful school.Especially loved the gifted program!School was well run, safe, and clean.Administration also very open and welcoming of parents;the Principal was always willing to listen to what a parent had to say and to deal with the problem. Only drawback is lack of volunteers but a core group still makes things happen (lucky for those who don't participate)

Charles S. Rushe Middle School 2

Posted June 30, 2014
Ugh. This school is horrible. Only a few of the teachers I liked during my 6th grade year. This school has a terrible environment student wise. Teacher wise the teachers called us names. Horrible names. Names that most definently should not be coming from a teacher towards a student. The teachers were so rude that me and my friends got to the point where we started to record them. Oh and I recommend packing a lunch because they feed you slop.{submitted by a student}

Posted April 26, 2014
This is an amazing school. My kids love it for those of u out there who are thinking to go to pine view middle school don't very bad school my children went there last year it was a horrible experience

Posted October 24, 2013
It's a great school. The teachers are very helpful.They will help with anything. Love the e-mail reminders and notifications. I really like their anti-bulling policies.

Charles S. Rushe Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
I ts a very good school Im happy my boy was there fo2 yeas he love it an know my other girl is goin for her second year / submitted by a parent

Posted June 05, 2013
I cried on the last day of school, because of how much I loved it. I have great friends, amazing teachers, and an exellent principal. I hope I can go there again for my 7th grade year!!!

Posted August 11, 2011
Last year was my daughter's 2nd year at Rushe. I was concerned the change in Adminst. would be disruptive or change things-but I was pleasantly surprised of the changes that did take place=the enforcement of the dress code that for years has been so lax at ALL Pasco schools. The new Principal is very 'by the book' & set up boundaries for students. My daughter was upset at first because she loves her flip-flops & ripped jeans but we stuck to the school rules that ironically have been in the code book all along-especially the low cleavage on those girls! I had seen 1st hand HOW low some girls are allowed, by their parents, to dress & I have been shocked! The new code addressed the 'distraction' of improper clothing & the unsafe flip flops (it is a 3 story building after all!) The students were given ample warning & still many were caught 'bucking the system' as teenagers tend to do-including my own daughter who changed into flip-flops but was caught. I punished her further at home for disobeying-I "parent-ed" my child so the school did not have to! I have to say it has been smooth sailing the past 2 years- we look forward to #3. Teacher support is amazing. We have not seen drug use

Charles S. Rushe Middle School 3

Posted April 23, 2011
I am wondering why the new principle is worrying so much about dress code when there is a serious drug problem at the school. When kids are pulling out drugs on the school bus I don't think in school suspension for dress code should be the main focus here. Over all there are many excellent teachers at Rushe and my child loves it

Posted March 29, 2011
My child has been a student at CSRMS since 6th grade and has had a wonderful experience until now. My child was sent to In School Suspension as a result of a violation of dress code. CSRMS has recently appointed a new principal and apparently the school has no other areas of concern to address other than dress code.Numerous students are being pulled out of their classrooms daily due to a tear in their pants. My child has had no disciplinary issues in the past and is an honor roll student- but it was necessary for her to be detained in ISS . The school's focus should be on EDUCATION, not on FASHION.

Charles S. Rushe Middle School
18654 Mentmore Boulevard, Land O' Lakes, FL  34638
Last modified Charles S. Rushe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles S. Rushe Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top