Land O'Lakes, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 17, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching our daughter grow as a person and as a student over the last 3 years (she is in 3rd grade). Our goal in examining private education was to define a school based on excellent academics, social empowerment, a well defined arts and music program, technology initiatives and opportunities for sports. Academy has more than exceeded all of these requirements. We needed this after going to a local 'A' grade public school for kindergarten and were appalled with what we encountered: students showing up to the first day of school and not knowing basic colors, letters and 1-10. It affected our daughter's learning and skills. She knew advanced polygons, basic math and reading by kindergarten. She digressed massively in the public school system. Our daughter has returned to her love of learning, is empowered, plays piano and learning violin, has had art exhibited at a gallery, and enjoys her sports coaches. FYI - Each child learns a musical instrument. When competitions (sports or academics) occur they go and act with grace, whether winning or losing. I cannot say enough about this school and how much it has meant to us. Esse Quam Videri! Go Wildcats!

Posted April 17, 2014
Academy has been an outstanding experience for our daughter. She has a love of learning. When she was in pre-I she went to a Montessori based school and did very well. Unfortunately, we transitioned her to a public school in New Tampa and it was a horrid mistake. Academy has been great at training her as a person, student, artist and now athlete. The well rounded child we had is now back! I owe a massive debt of gratitude to Academy. I cannot say enough good things about the faculty, staff and the other parents. It is truly a microcosm community, which also does a lot in helping surrounding communities as well. If you are considering private school, Academy should be right on top!

Posted November 14, 2013
HOME AWAY FROM HOME! My children and our family love the school. The academics, sports, arts, and clubs are great. Most importantly, the teachers and the administration are the best and take genuine interest in your child, helping them develop to the best of their ability as an individual.

Posted October 04, 2013
My children could not be more pleased with their experience at Academy at the Lakes. They literally wake up each day looking forward to going to school to see their friends and teachers. I have total confidence that while they are there they are learning how to be a well-rounded child, both socially and academically, and a good citizen of the world. If you are looking for a school that will offer your child individual attention, small classes and a broad range of learning opportunities look no further-- you've found it! The access to (and communication with) the teachers and administrators is second to none! I can send my childs teacher and email or text and have a response back typically within an hour or so. Excellent!

Posted October 03, 2013
This is a top notch experience. We have been at this school for 6 years. My kids are excelling in all areas including fine arts and technology. The teachers are so carry and you and the heads of school really do have an open door policy. It's a true sense of community at this school with alot of areas that families can get involved

Posted September 16, 2013
I have had my child at academy for some time now, I am surprised by some of the negative reviews and honesty would say this is not a place that caters only to people that make big donations. I struggle with the tuition every year and the staff always works with me on payment plans etc. My child has received an amazing education and was accepted into a top tier university largely thanks to the education, counseling and assistance from the college prep team at Academy. They reviewed every application, assisted her with letters of recommendation, provided college counseling from the 8th grade on and most importantly made sure she was ready to take make the transition into University (academically and socially). I would tell anyone looking to take a look themselves as it is worth it here

Posted October 03, 2012
The Best School in the Tampa Bay Area.!! We moved from NY five years ago and have been happy since we found Academy. My daughter is getting a top notch education in a warm caring environment; where the teachers, staff and all care for the children. They offer a quality college preparatory education with a mix of arts, extracurricular activities, sports that develop a well rounded child; prepared for the real world.

Academy At The Lakes 1

Posted June 15, 2012
This is by far in my opinion the worst education I have ever seen they are a school that masks themselves by assemblies and fake smiles they only care about appearance not a true quality of education do not waste your money it's even worst then public education the headmaster needs to go back to school and learn what education s really about!

Posted October 03, 2011
5 Stars in my book! Our child has attended at this school for the 3rd year and so far we have no complaints to speak of. Previous to enrollment we have found that other schools both public and private have offered a sub standard product comparably. In reference to the foreclosure pitch, one should be honest and admit that the school's administration and board was nothing less than forthcoming and open about ongoing negotiations regarding refinancing options. So if your child truly attended the school last year then you would be able to admit that without any reservation and know that we as parents were NOT asked to keep a lid on it. If you are seeking to place your child in a warm, but challenging school environment then perhaps this would be the school of choice. If you want politics and inequality then keep searching. No complaints here.

Posted May 29, 2011
My son started this school after being in public school here in fl. We moved from NJ where the school system was excellent. The public Florida school was to say the least horrible the teacher didnt care and it showed everyday!!! Academy at the lakes is a wonderful school its like a big family my son is doing fantastic and has made many friends. The teachers care about the kids and do their best everday to show that!! I love this school and I am glad we found it!!! Tuition is high but if you want your child to be well rounded and happy this is the place!!!

Academy At The Lakes