Fuguitt Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2014
My daughter started kindergarten this year, and we were so fortunate that she had a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Boehme. She made our daughter's transition as easy as possible and the growth in her education is amazing! The staff at the school is friendly and it is nice to see the principal visible at all events and actively participating. I was disappointed that there was no PTA, but glad to see they are trying to develop a new one. Communication with the teacher is fantastic, but from the school leaves a lot to be desired. Website is not updated consistently, and there is no format. (i.e. info updated in newsletter, but not on calendar). There are weekly recorded calls home, but more about covey habits, so not always listened to. You can tell they are trying to improve and their heart is in the right place, but still needs some work.

Posted August 28, 2013
my school is Fuguitt elementary school. I find the teaching staff at the school very helpful and respectful.My daughter Is a tough child to get her to do any work. Mrs Pyle helped her so much in kindergarden with extra help and Mrs Bagley was great.. Mrs Rafferty was also great with my daughter Finally at the near end of school my daughter got the whole picture of schoolwork and completing it.Her teacher was very proud of her . I do agree with the other parents about a principal calling herself a doctor. I realize that it is a major achievement. but in school she should just be principal not doctor

Posted June 06, 2013
This was my sons first year in the school as a kindergartner, I have to say he had an AMAZING teacher. Mrs. Bagley was wonderful to my son, he always came home telling me about her, she always sent home so much of his work, promptly responded to my concerns. The school has lots of events to go to and is a nice, friendly place. I am excited for my son to continue his education here.

Fuguitt Elementary School 1

Posted September 30, 2012
I am not feeling so generous with the stars. 2 stars would be too nice. My daughter started Kindergarten there a little over a month ago and it has been the worst month of her life! Preschool was great and she never had issues there, but this school has been horrible and disorganized. She went to the nurse's office for stomach issues and we never got a call. They didn't use the change of clothes we sent and they sent her off to the after school program with poopy underwear! She had come down with a stomach virus (the 2nd time in a month with this stomach flu) and it would be nice of them to take some Clorox to that school once in a while because not only is there poor leadership (her teacher was switched abruptly with no notice) but this is the sickest she has ever been in her little life. So it's dirty, poorly run, and I want to get her out of there but all the charter schools are full. She will be out as soon as I find something else! The YMCA program is just as bad if not WORSE. The leadership is completely inept and I am seeking private before & after care for her because I no longer trust them. Total incompetence all around!!!!

Posted September 17, 2012
I agree with the previous post. Last year I would have given the school 4-5 stars. This year I am being generous with 2. I love the teacher that we have and I love the campus, but the new principal, rules and office staff are terrible. The new principal is a young woman that refers to herself as doctor and does not care when a parent has a concern. She merely states that those are the rules. The office staff used to be great, but not anymore. It is so sad - Mr. Moss was great. I am glad my child will not be there next year.

Posted September 16, 2012
Last year I would have rated this school with 5 stars. This year with the new Principal whom is less than friendly, I would have to say it deserves a 2 star rating IF that...The positive part: Vice Principal, one of my child's Teachers, (1st grade) and the wonderful male crossing guard. Yep-that's it. Three weeks into school picture money is wanted, fund raiser money is wanted and lets not forget about all the get togethers at the Fun Center that are coming up and much more! The staff in the office USED to be friendly - but it appears as though they are all unhappy for some reason...could it be that Mr. Moss left??? Most likely..and it is sad.. Watch out for the chatty "cathy's" in the morning, aka school crossing guards that gossip and chit chat as you wait to drop off your child or cross the street for 5 minutes making your child late because they are too busy complaining to notice you! I am not fond of one of my child's Teachers and will be having a meeting with her ASAP, however, that is not why I am spending my time writing this. I miss last year's enthusiastic team of Teachers and staff....especially Mr. Moss's smile and enthusiasm!

Posted September 09, 2011
I am starting to think that the former Assistant Principal was the one that made this school great! This year has been pathetic so far. Maybe it is the difference of teachers in the 5th grade compared to the 4th? Who knows. All I know is that is is a disorganized mess. My child has 3 teachers (they switch through the day) but not one of them understands organization or teaching. It is already 3 weeks into the school year and they are still not learning anything in class. Did they not have all Summer to prepare for the new school year? It seems as though it was a surprise that school has started. Maybe if your child is in any other grade then you'll be ok...but if they are in 5th, do yourself a favor and find another school.

Posted October 10, 2009

Posted May 29, 2009
Wonderful school! Amazing principal! Absolutely WONDERFUL!! Very kind and understanding with my son who has aspergers!

Posted November 11, 2008

Fuguitt Elementary School
13010 101st Street, Largo, FL  33773
Last modified Fuguitt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fuguitt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top