1,677 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted August 10, 2013
I'm currently attending Largo High School and I absolutely love it. It by far has been the best school experience I've ever had.

Largo High School 3

Posted June 09, 2012
I am very disappointed in the way graduation was handled.Everyone knows June in Florida is the rainy season. All graduates deserve to wear their cap and gown and be acknowledged for their achivements. To expect family, friends and graduates to sit in the rain for 2 hrs. is absolutley unacceptable. If the people in charge really aren't interested maybe the school should find a better group of adults to take on this task, so next year will be a sucess. Very disappointing way to end years of study and hard work to embark on the beginning of new futures.

Posted February 03, 2011
I am a Junior now in the Magnet program and I must say that I miss the 4 by 4 scheduling. Having 7 classes a day really puts a stress on me and everyone I know at the school. I use to be able to finish class and homework in one class period and get all A's. Now, having 7 classes, my grades have dropped to A's, B's, and the occasional C. As teenagers, we shouldn't be given so much stress added from school with our already growing stress from volunteering, shadowing, job, home-related problems, sports, clubs, and many more activities. If Largo High School wants to be a better school and have higher grades, it is going to need the 4 by 4 scheduling back. Especially now that we are only allowed to exempt 3 exams. What is the point in doing good in the class(besides college) if we don't get the reward of being able to exempt the class?

Posted February 01, 2011
I am a previous student (Class of 1993), I know the school has the best programs in the country! I went to another HS in a different state, and have a child in 11th grade. I wish more than anything I was able to move back to raise all of my children in the area, so they could experience the way of life, the school, teachers and all the possibilities that LHS puts at our fingertips. I have PACKER PRIDE!!! And hope to be able to show/tour my kids of the school when we come down in June, they have heard so much about it. I hope the parents with doubt, do more research before pulling your kid out or placing them elsewhere, they would be missing out on the supreme high school experience, and an excellent academic structure suited for all types of learners and lifestyle.

Posted March 11, 2010
I go to Largo now as a sophomore and i am in the magnet program. Last year Largo was on a four by four schedule and now we are at a seven period day. I hate it. I definately feel that with a four block schedule kids don't have to worry about spending ALL their time outside of school doing homework. I play soccer and it is hard to have seven different homeworks and go to practice and have time to eat and sleep in order to get ready for the next day

Posted September 16, 2009
The best football and band program in the country

Posted February 11, 2008
I am a student at LHS, and the teachers are an inspiration to me in school and life. I am in choir and that program is amazing! it is such an honor to be a part of this great school!

Posted October 03, 2007
I'm a student, and I love it at the school, the block schedule allows for more learning in a period, rather than cramming a whole chapter into 45 minutes and having 8 pages of homework every night. The drop out rate is very low and although the school is know n for it's fights and all-around roughness it's pretty easy to get along with the students. The staff is friendly and willing to help any student that needs it. Not to mention our athletics program is excellent, which allows students to have a sense of pride about their school. The only issue I have about the school is that the PTSA is kind of... uninvolved on most things.

Posted December 23, 2006
I am only a student but the classes there are excellent and I like the after school lunch program. You can go home and eat if you want to or you can go to work. Plus the teachers do a good job of teaching. This is an awesome school and I am glad I chose to go here.

Posted June 29, 2006
I'm sorry to see a parent taking their child out of Largo High school because of the lunch period. Some children work after school and the last period lunch helps them to do this and have time to do homework and/or after school activities. I find my daughter (9th grade) did very well this year. She enjoyed going to school, even though she had to catch the bus at 5:35am. Her grades have never been better. The teacher-parent communication is A+ at Largo. If the parent is interested, there isn't any time that that the teachers are not responsive. I give Largo teachers an A+ for 2005-2006. The only downfall I felt, was at the end of the year, when some classes started craming work they hadn't covered yet and had to complete. Other than that I hope the next year is as good as this one was.

410 Missouri Avenue North, Largo, FL  33770
Last modified Largo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.