731 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Oakhurst is a very community oriented school. The parent involvement with all activities, and the teachers is phenomenal. The organization of the school is superb, the principal is very involved, always leading the school and greeting parents. We moved from a charter school to Oakhurst, and I wish my children had gone to Oakhurst since Kindergarten. The kids have fun and look forward to the Mustang Roundups each month. They have different community and school events that helps to involve everyone in the school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The Autism program is phenomenal. They have individual learning programs that help children who need extra help with math and science.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mrs Kennedy is a strong principal. She is definitely a leader who is involved, and takes great pride in the school. I have always seen her very involved, and is always present, from the car line, to parents questions, etc. I came in to the school requesting a tour and she very eagerly showed me around to all the programs and campus, I truly felt welcomed to bring my children there.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Oakhurst Roundup every month is an exciting time for the students and parents, from the Oakhurst song, to ST Math scores, IStation, the kids strive to be the best in their class with high scores.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are caring, very involved with the students. I have two children in the school, and they get to know my child on a personal level, along with an academic standpoint as well.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The school provides challenging homework that involves parents with helping in homework as well. I feel this is important, it helps parents become more involved in knowing what their child is learning in class. In turn, this helps the child reinforce what they have learned that day in class

my son goes to this school and i have had many problem with his teacher and she for some reason does not like me and i fell she take it out on my son im thinking about transferring him to another class or school they need better teacher that are more dedicated to there students and have better communication skills

The teachers are very loving and dedicated. Teachers seem stressed with the new assment and extra paperwork they have to do this year.

It was Good not until recently i realise that some student / teacher and even parents have "preference" on who they choose to be friend /be nice with. For very simple example ...a mother of my son's classmate, totally ignore my present eventhough I'm standing right infront of her! Students should educate on cultural differences as well as teachers/parent. and I have never seen a classroom that is as messy as my son. I wonder how could the child progress in sure a way.

Excellent school! A principal and asst principal who care about the school. Our experience so far in kindergarten has lived up to all the expectations. We have always heard wonderful things, and they are true!

Last modified Oakhurst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.