Largo, FL

Oakhurst Elementary School 1

Posted November 21, 2013
my son goes to this school and i have had many problem with his teacher and she for some reason does not like me and i fell she take it out on my son im thinking about transferring him to another class or school they need better teacher that are more dedicated to there students and have better communication skills

Posted February 29, 2012
The teachers are very loving and dedicated. Teachers seem stressed with the new assment and extra paperwork they have to do this year.

Oakhurst Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2010
It was Good not until recently i realise that some student / teacher and even parents have "preference" on who they choose to be friend /be nice with. For very simple example ...a mother of my son's classmate, totally ignore my present eventhough I'm standing right infront of her! Students should educate on cultural differences as well as teachers/parent. and I have never seen a classroom that is as messy as my son. I wonder how could the child progress in sure a way.

Posted May 08, 2008
Excellent school! A principal and asst principal who care about the school. Our experience so far in kindergarten has lived up to all the expectations. We have always heard wonderful things, and they are true!

Oakhurst Elementary School 4

Posted October 21, 2007

Posted September 18, 2006
Wonderful school...A from FCAT...great music program...Dedicated teachers!

Posted May 23, 2006

Oakhurst Elementary School 3

Posted January 11, 2006
The academic qualities are very good, but the level of extracurricular activities is low, mainly due to the fact that there is no playground.

Posted January 18, 2005
The quality of this school is unsurpassed! The parent involvement is fantastic.

Oakhurst Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2005
Oakhurst Elementary is a very good school for students that fit in the middle-and- above of grade level expectations. I have found that several of my children recieved a good education here; however, one of my children that was behind grade level in certain areas was continually pushed through the system. My child was not allowed to repeat the grade and was continuously struggling until I removed him to homeschool. This school's focus mainly centers aroud the very bright students and it would seem that the teachers focus on the principal's expectations instead of the student.

Oakhurst Elementary School
10535 137th Street, Largo, FL  33774
Last modified Oakhurst Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakhurst Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top