Largo, FL

Posted April 29, 2014
My son and grandson both attend this school both boys are completely different as most boys are with completely different needs! Southern Oak has gone over and beyond assisting their needs as they arise..Even their specialty classes are equipped with the most educated and caring teachers. Thank You Southern Oak for assisting my children with their Education. Thumbs up. Tracee Hartman

Posted January 28, 2013
This school is truly AMAZING! From the teachers & parents to the Principal & even the lunch aides..everyone cares & takes pride in being part of this school. My daughter had Ms. Fulle for kindergarten & my son had Mrs. Overcashier (Mrs. OC) for 2nd grade. They both LOVED their teachers & excelled. If you have the opportunity to get your child in Mrs. OC's class you're lucky, she's the cream of the crop. Mr. Roselle is the best principal & I was never at the school without seeing him, EVER, even for after school events. Unfortunately we moved & our new school doesn't come close to Southern Oak. We all really miss it - A LOT!

Posted August 27, 2011
I am a former student of this school, and I cannot stress how significant my time here has proven for me. It allowed me to broaden my horizon and truly exceed in everything I tried. I am now a straight 'A' student at the prestigious International Baccalaureate program at St. Petersburg High School taking the most rigorous courses available (HL Math, HL Biology, and HL Physics). The leadership and presentation skills that the teachers here taught me will stay with me forever. I cannot praise this school highly enough, thank you to all the teachers who taught me and will hopefully teach you.

Southern Oak Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
There are handicapped students and hale and hearty students. All seem to get along fine. A continuing effort is being made to help the children with Type I Diabetes take care of their problems and testing in the classroom to avoid their being singled out and removed from class several times a day to test.

Posted January 27, 2009

Posted October 08, 2007
Communication and input with my child s teacher has been excellent.

Posted June 30, 2007
This school is amazing! My 2 Daughter's go here and everyone treats you like family. The Teacher's are Really Great and are willing to go the extra mile to help you succeed. I have learned becoming a Team with the Teacher's is very helpful and goes a long way. I stay involved as much as I can and I couldn't have picked a better school than this one. Great Job! Southern Oak Your An A+!

Posted May 03, 2007
The teachers here, as well as the entire staff really want the students to succeed and it shows in their interaction. My kids love the atmosphere and they provide as much help as you are willing to ask for.

Southern Oak Elementary School 4

Posted June 24, 2005
My child will be starting kidergarten in the fall, and I am just so impressed with how nice and helpful all of the staff at Southern Oak have been in helping make this an easy and smooth transition into kidergarten.

Posted February 04, 2005
My son has been going there since the 1st grade and they are an awesome school. All the teachers are wonderful and they really do care about our kids. We know right away when there is a problem.

Southern Oak Elementary School
9101 Walsingham Road, Largo, FL  33773
Last modified Southern Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southern Oak Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top