No rating

Indian Rocks Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 785 students

International Service Trips

Living in Largo

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $97,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $860.

Posted April 27, 2014

IRCS is a great school. My family's experience has been with the middle school and high school. The teachers are excellent and are very knowledgeable in their given subject area. The sports and fine arts programs are first class. Each year high school students are offered an opportunity to do a mission trip. It really makes a difference in a young person's life. The school leadership is very approachable and makes decisions on what is best for the community.

Posted April 8, 2014

I am a proud parent of an Indian Rocks Christian Middle School student. This is our second year there and I can't imagine my daughter being at any other local school. The teachers go out of their way to make learning fun and are always available for any extra help if needed. The campus is gorgeous and there is an extra curricular activity for every interest from bowling to football. The student body is kind and respectful to each other & staff. Most importantly, my child is safe in an enviroment that is secure.

Posted January 27, 2014

Indian Rocks Christian School (IRCS) is an outstanding school that offers rigorous academics, athletics, arts, music, etc., superimposed upon a bible-based curriculum. This is a rare jewel in Pinellas County, especially in this day and age when God is stealthily being removed from the classroom. History reveals that early intellectual education that led up to (Ivy League level) was primarily bible-based & other academic subjects were built upon this foundation. IRCS has many graduates that have gone many highly competitive colleges as well as into the Ivy League-- IRCS recognizes that education and character building starts at home with parents/caregivers who are intentional about their children's academics & spirituality, the direction of their lives after college, and their impact and influence in society and the world. IRCS offers a Christian-based, scientific-factual-responsible education that not only prepares students for college and careers. it prepares them for life and beyond. All that is academic, scientific, artistic, creative, and athletic, is just a derivative of the biblical -- Just ask God.

Posted January 19, 2014

Unfortunately, this school puts the priority on the "bible" vs. any actual needed education. If you really want your kids to go out into the real world and try to get a job while stating that Noah had dinosaurs on the ark, then this may be the school for you! Just don't expect your child to get into an Ivy-league school or gain any sort of scientific-factual-repsonsible education. They graduate from IRCS and go directly to fast food service.

Posted November 23, 2013

IRCS has been my home now for 15 years and my husband and I have never given thought to belonging anywhere else before. There is comfort in knowing that the staff you teach along side each day genuinely cares about each other. And their love and concern is for both staff and students alike. Our two children have attended IRCS since kindergarten and I believe it is because of the staff that we have continued to raise them here. I believe in IRCS and will continue to support the goals and direction that our administration has for our school. There is assurance in knowing God has a plan for my family and that IRCS is a part of it!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 20, 2013

Our daughter has been at IRCS for 13 years and we have never regretted our choice to make the sacrifice to send her there. We are extremely satisfied with the education she has received and feel it has prepared her well for college. Dee Bates, the MS/HS guidance counselor, has always made herself available to help our daughter make informed decisions regarding class selection, dual enrollment choices and college prep tests. Additionally, and most importantly, the administrators and teachers have always made us feel that our daughter's future matters.

Posted November 20, 2013

My three children have attended Indian Rocks since pre-school and thrive in academics, sprirtually and personally. My son just graduated and did not want to go to another school when given the chance. He liked how he was challenged both academically and spiritually by the teachers and coaches. All three of my kids feel safe and comfortable - they actually WANT TO ATTEND SCHOOL. They thrive because the teachers really do care about them and that goes a long way. My oldest daughter did try public school one year and regretted it for many reasons and missed the teachers and coaches. She is back again at IRCS, happy and is thriving and planning for college. I would not have them go anywhere else.

Posted November 20, 2013

I graduated several years ago. I am thankful to the Lord that I was blessed to be able to attend this school. Wonderful teachers.

Posted November 20, 2013

We Love IRCS! Here's why... Our three children have attended IRCS since kindergarten. Our son is a senior this year, one daughter a freshman and the youngest now in middle school. IRCS has prepared our son for college in many ways; Duel credit college courses, AP and honors classes, SAT/ACT prep class, practice ACT's/ SAT's and a challenging academic course track. He has excelled in athletics as well and will participate in track and cross country in college. He has had the opportunity to serve in countries around the world through our school's mission program every year in high school. The best part of it all is that my children are in a Christian environment with teachers, coaches and staff that really care about every child. I know my son is prepared for his future education and my daughters will be too. Yes, I have sent my children to only one school their entire lives, but I didn't do it with blinders on. I have explored other educational options like the IB program, magnet programs and high school collegiate programs, but I always come back to this... my kids love their school. That speaks volumes to me.

Posted November 14, 2013

I LOVE IRCS! My kids went here from Kindergarten through graduation. The teachers and staff are wonderful, smart and very caring. There is something for everyone whether in the Arts department, sports, media, etc. When my son was at a University he thanked me for sending him to IRCS because it really prepared him for college. There is a diversity of students that attend. It doesn't matter what your race or religious background is you are made to feel welcomed and loved. You are taught straight from the bible not by religion, fair and equal. For HS they offer a lot of dual credit and AP classes. The Elementary school is wonderful! I always felt that my children we very safe and secure. All the teachers really care about the students! The discipline is pretty strict which I appreciate. When you spend this much money you don't want disruption in your classes. If you want an awesome education and wonderful friends for your children this is the place to be! If you have problems with your child this is not a place for them to be "straightened out"! The teachers are busy teaching and the students won't put up with it! Even though it was a sacrifice to send our kids here it was worth!

Posted May 23, 2013

My daughter has attended IRCS since VPK and she is in 1st grade now. Instead of helping her in areas she struggled in, they are asking her not to come back to the school. Are you serious? This is what you do to a child that is struggling instead of helping them. Do not recommend this school! They are all about money!!!

Posted May 10, 2013

If you attend the church and you are committed to the specific theology, this school may be for you. If you do not get excited about the church, and do not have teachers (who must attend the church) as friends, you probably can do better elsewhere. The pricetag is high for a school that sends most of its college bound students to SPC. Preferential treatment is rampant. This is also so in the public schools, but you can experience that for free in those schools. I see a lot of positive interaction between teachers and parents, but that is very selective and is not an across the board event. For a Christian school that costs $9000 per year with less than superior teachers, I don't think you get what you pay for academically or spiritually. You do however get a safe environment relative to the public schools and the opportunity for extracurricular participation in your child's field of interest regardless of skill level based on the school's relatively small size. The school may be for you, but it may not. If I had it to do over again, I would not send my kids here because the Christian example in general and academic aptitude of the teachers is lacking for the price paid.

Posted October 6, 2012

We could not be happier with our choice for our daughter's school. IRCS has a caring staff and a challenging curriculum that is preparing our daughter for college, and helping her grow in her Christian walk. The school has great lines of communication with teachers & staff. They are easily approachable & respond quickly. Top-notch value for what we are investing in our child's future

Posted September 17, 2012

This is our family's second year at IRCS and our kids and my wife and I love the education they are recieving! My wife is a teacher, and I'm a pastor, so we've been around education, and Christians education, for over twenty years. The kids at IRCS are revieving a great education in a godly environment. The administration and the teachers not only have outstanding qualifications, but they also care about the kids. All three of our kids, grades 7, 8 and 12, are also involved in sports and band. Their leaders and coaches do a wonderful job instilling character values through these activities. Bottom line, we are so blessed that our children can go to IRCS!

Posted September 17, 2012

We love IRCS! The kids are recieving a great education. They offer AP, advanced classes and dual enrollment for highschoolers. The teachers are very helpful and do a great job of preparing our students for college. Additionally they are purposeful in teaching students to serve the community and the Lord through service learning projects. While in highschool they take out one week a school year to take students on missions trips. Students can stay in the country or go out of the country on these trips. We love the well rounded education our students are receiving here at IRCS.

Posted July 3, 2012

Ive been attending IRCS since Kindergarten and I graduate in 2 years. I have really begun to appretiate what makes this school different. The teachers, coaches and teachers/coaches are definately the best. They put in so much more than what they are paid for and I now know they truly love their jobs. As far as the students go, you get out what you put in. If you come, dont have preconcieved notions about Christians. Unfortunatly some parents think IRCS is a school to send their kids who dont want to put in any effort towards acedemics. Those parents think IRCS is a school that will "straighten out" their kids. Please, send your troubled kids to CCC or Faragut, if they need discipline. If you want a great Christian education with the best coaches and teachers, send them here

Posted March 16, 2012

IRCS is an awesome school! The teachers and staff are caring, supportive and encouraging. The facilities are secure,and the technology used in and out of the classroom is state of the art. The coursework is challenging and the variety of courses offered is numerous; including dual credit, honors and AP courses. The students can participate and excel in any number of extracurricular activities. Our twin girls have grown in their relationship with the Lord and enjoy the school mission trips offered to the high school students. The investment in our girls' education at IRCS has been worth every penny!

Posted March 15, 2012

We have three kids at IRCS and couldn't be happier. The school feels like an extension of our family. God is at the center of so much that they do. I am proud to see my kids growing in their relationship with the Lord and getting a quality education as well. The tuition is very reasonable compared to other Christian schools, the facilities are excellent and the teachers truly care about the kids. I look forward to my graduating for IRCS in the years to come.

Posted October 28, 2011

I am currently a student at Indian Rocks; The teachers are amazing and really love what they do. The students, on the other hand, are just plain mean. They are cliquey and not accepting at all. They both physically and mentally abuse younger classmates. The teachers talk about the problem but don't take any action. At Indian Rocks you will get "points" for almost anything like not getting something signed or being "unprepared" for class. If you are being beat up by another student then they fail to do anything. I do not recommend this school to anyone! I feel bad for all of the kids who have to go through the abuse that they receive at this school. We are looking to transfer schools.

Posted May 15, 2011

The staff and administration are just a phone call or email away, they always answer promptly. The academics are challenging and well-suited for each interest level. The fine arts program is excellent and the athletics program has numerous sports to choose from. The facilities are secure and very well maintained. I love that throughout the years, no matter what grades my children were in, they were on one campus. Christian character and valus are not only taught, but shown daily through the staff and administrators. Chapel services are wonderful. We love IRCS!!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 2-year college 30% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 64% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 4% (2013)
Percentage of students going to vocational programs 1% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 1% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation University of Tampa
University of South Florida
University of Florida
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Security personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
Clubs
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)

Gifted & talented

• Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
  • National Honor Society

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Walter Weller
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Advanced placement courses
  • College prep
  • Honors track
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Security personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Bible Club
  • Chess club
  • Community service
  • Drum line
  • Flag girls
  • Homework help/study buddy club
  • Marching band
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)
  • National Honor Society

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

Submit your application by

August 13, 2014

days left!

Apply now

What are your chances?

8 out of 10students were accepted for the 2013-2014 school year.

Students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year

$7000 - $10000
Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
USF
UCF
SPC
College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
Community college courses
SAT/ACT prep classes
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Students' post-graduation plans in 2013