Largo, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted April 27, 2014
IRCS is a great school. My family's experience has been with the middle school and high school. The teachers are excellent and are very knowledgeable in their given subject area. The sports and fine arts programs are first class. Each year high school students are offered an opportunity to do a mission trip. It really makes a difference in a young person's life. The school leadership is very approachable and makes decisions on what is best for the community.

Posted April 08, 2014
I am a proud parent of an Indian Rocks Christian Middle School student. This is our second year there and I can't imagine my daughter being at any other local school. The teachers go out of their way to make learning fun and are always available for any extra help if needed. The campus is gorgeous and there is an extra curricular activity for every interest from bowling to football. The student body is kind and respectful to each other & staff. Most importantly, my child is safe in an enviroment that is secure.

Posted January 27, 2014
Indian Rocks Christian School (IRCS) is an outstanding school that offers rigorous academics, athletics, arts, music, etc., superimposed upon a bible-based curriculum. This is a rare jewel in Pinellas County, especially in this day and age when God is stealthily being removed from the classroom. History reveals that early intellectual education that led up to (Ivy League level) was primarily bible-based & other academic subjects were built upon this foundation. IRCS has many graduates that have gone many highly competitive colleges as well as into the Ivy League-- IRCS recognizes that education and character building starts at home with parents/caregivers who are intentional about their children's academics & spirituality, the direction of their lives after college, and their impact and influence in society and the world. IRCS offers a Christian-based, scientific-factual-responsible education that not only prepares students for college and careers. it prepares them for life and beyond. All that is academic, scientific, artistic, creative, and athletic, is just a derivative of the biblical -- Just ask God.

Indian Rocks Christian School 1

Posted January 19, 2014
Unfortunately, this school puts the priority on the "bible" vs. any actual needed education. If you really want your kids to go out into the real world and try to get a job while stating that Noah had dinosaurs on the ark, then this may be the school for you! Just don't expect your child to get into an Ivy-league school or gain any sort of scientific-factual-repsonsible education. They graduate from IRCS and go directly to fast food service.

Posted November 23, 2013
IRCS has been my home now for 15 years and my husband and I have never given thought to belonging anywhere else before. There is comfort in knowing that the staff you teach along side each day genuinely cares about each other. And their love and concern is for both staff and students alike. Our two children have attended IRCS since kindergarten and I believe it is because of the staff that we have continued to raise them here. I believe in IRCS and will continue to support the goals and direction that our administration has for our school. There is assurance in knowing God has a plan for my family and that IRCS is a part of it!

Posted November 20, 2013
Our daughter has been at IRCS for 13 years and we have never regretted our choice to make the sacrifice to send her there. We are extremely satisfied with the education she has received and feel it has prepared her well for college. Dee Bates, the MS/HS guidance counselor, has always made herself available to help our daughter make informed decisions regarding class selection, dual enrollment choices and college prep tests. Additionally, and most importantly, the administrators and teachers have always made us feel that our daughter's future matters.

Posted November 20, 2013
My three children have attended Indian Rocks since pre-school and thrive in academics, sprirtually and personally. My son just graduated and did not want to go to another school when given the chance. He liked how he was challenged both academically and spiritually by the teachers and coaches. All three of my kids feel safe and comfortable - they actually WANT TO ATTEND SCHOOL. They thrive because the teachers really do care about them and that goes a long way. My oldest daughter did try public school one year and regretted it for many reasons and missed the teachers and coaches. She is back again at IRCS, happy and is thriving and planning for college. I would not have them go anywhere else.

Posted November 20, 2013
I graduated several years ago. I am thankful to the Lord that I was blessed to be able to attend this school. Wonderful teachers.

Posted November 20, 2013
We Love IRCS! Here's why... Our three children have attended IRCS since kindergarten. Our son is a senior this year, one daughter a freshman and the youngest now in middle school. IRCS has prepared our son for college in many ways; Duel credit college courses, AP and honors classes, SAT/ACT prep class, practice ACT's/ SAT's and a challenging academic course track. He has excelled in athletics as well and will participate in track and cross country in college. He has had the opportunity to serve in countries around the world through our school's mission program every year in high school. The best part of it all is that my children are in a Christian environment with teachers, coaches and staff that really care about every child. I know my son is prepared for his future education and my daughters will be too. Yes, I have sent my children to only one school their entire lives, but I didn't do it with blinders on. I have explored other educational options like the IB program, magnet programs and high school collegiate programs, but I always come back to this... my kids love their school. That speaks volumes to me.

Posted November 14, 2013
I LOVE IRCS! My kids went here from Kindergarten through graduation. The teachers and staff are wonderful, smart and very caring. There is something for everyone whether in the Arts department, sports, media, etc. When my son was at a University he thanked me for sending him to IRCS because it really prepared him for college. There is a diversity of students that attend. It doesn't matter what your race or religious background is you are made to feel welcomed and loved. You are taught straight from the bible not by religion, fair and equal. For HS they offer a lot of dual credit and AP classes. The Elementary school is wonderful! I always felt that my children we very safe and secure. All the teachers really care about the students! The discipline is pretty strict which I appreciate. When you spend this much money you don't want disruption in your classes. If you want an awesome education and wonderful friends for your children this is the place to be! If you have problems with your child this is not a place for them to be "straightened out"! The teachers are busy teaching and the students won't put up with it! Even though it was a sacrifice to send our kids here it was worth!

Indian Rocks Christian School
12685 Ulmerton Rd, Largo, FL  33774
Last modified Indian Rocks Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Indian Rocks Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top