1,171 students|Broward

Bad
Good

All three of my kids go to CCS, the teachers that my kids have had just go above and beyond to make sure your child know there work, My kids have been in CCS since they was in Kindergarten I am looking forward to many more great years at this school!

Central Charter School is a good school. They have been around for a long time and I believe they will be around much longer as well. I looked at other schools in the area, and found out that Central Charter School has the best school grade in the area at a "C". The other schools in the area are "D" and "F" schools. The teachers really care about the students and want to see them succeed. Another great point is the transportation system is much better than last year. This year they have 8 buses that transport all the students that need transportation. I feel Central Charter School is really starting to get back to the success they once had in the past. I'm here for the long haul.

Let me start off by saying this on my report it said I was retained in 6th grade just because I failed one subject which is math. I was about to register to go to lakes but this young had took her own sweet time and my mom couldn't be patient so she left and she went to parkway to register they said I have to register in July 28th so my mom decided to let me come to ccs.So at the orientation I ask where is my class the T.A told me I'm 7th I was so had so the 2nd day of school they say I have to go back to six grade I cried and said this don't make no sense my mom was mad too i tried to tell her let me go to another school she said no.Anyways i'm still in 7th grade making up good grades.

I think CCS is a good school. All my children currently attend the school and have been attending since kindergarten. My oldest is now in the seventh grade, and I was rather hoping they would extend into the eighth grade. Although at least one of my children have had issues with either other students or staff members, the issues were resolved. It is true, the new administration staff is trying to improve the school, so things aren't running as smoothly as they should, however, I find most of the staff professional, and communication is made easy. The teachers, at least the ones my children have had, have been good. They work with both parents and child to ensure proper understanding of curriculum, classroom policies and etiquette. I would recommend the school, because even though CCS has its issues like any other public schools, it is still a good school.

Central charter school is bad and it is going to be an F school by next year Its lunch is served cold,and its not prepared like a regular school should You have to pay to much money there.everytime you have to buy something for them and the money that their getting Is probably going into their savings account because their not making the school better Half of the staff are rude and just ignorant sometimes This is just from my Point of View

It is ok. Not so bad once u get used to it. It is a typical average Charter School. They also have Iacademy which uses Laptops and we do STEM and SECME.

Schools does not dictate how well my children perform, I set the standard the school just provide the material, if that is not sufficient there is a wide array of other programs available. My son went to this school and I have a 2nd grader there now. My first son made straight A and his now in grade 10 doing college credit, Central charter gave him the start he needed. My 2 grader is doing very good there presently. We as parents should be responsible for how well our children perform and stop passing the buck. The only problem I have is with the restructuring and how long it is taking for them to get the right rhythm.

My Daughter went to this school for 4yrs & the only good thing i can say about this school is it's name (the word charter school) seem or sound like it's different from any public school but it's worse than the public schools i know. Most of the students are from broken home and because of that, it reflect on the behavior of most f the students. most of the parents don't care and its really sad because when you look at all these students and parents you realize that they are in such bad shape when it comes to their education level (you can't mentor a child if you don't know yourself) when i would go to parent teacher meeting i would be the only student to show-up in my daughter's class. that school really need help. My child was a C student in a D school;Now that i have taken my child, she is an A student in a A school. She made the honor roll for the first time.

I started my first child at this school last year in kindergarten. Her teacher went above and beyond the call of duty to EDUCATE the students. My son is currently in her class, and he's getting by he same thing from her, a passion for teaching. This year however, for my daughter, she's in first grade and I'm absolutely disappointed. She's not being challenged whatsoever. To communicate with this teacher is like making reservations months in advance to have her respond to any notices or messages sent. It's all about 'sticking' to the curriculum. What about challenging those students who are advanced and letting them get more excited about learning something new everyday? On the matter of the administration, they are all a joke. Horrible communication. Calling to get information regarding pertinent matters and no one to return calls. Overall, it's a mess this year. The student population grew tremendously which, I think, the school cannot handle. Security on the premises, pathetic. No safety. Central charter is a TOTAL disappointment this year. They get 'F' in my book.

First grade was ok for my child, he was challenged, motivated and rewarded every step of the way. Second grade was a mess, a very tiny room with too many kids. My son struggled with math because of the quality of the instruction being delivered. The teacher lacked competence in methodology, so he failed! Now she sent home a report blaming him, I worked hard with my son at home. Home work was given but not graded. Worst of all, they BEG MONEY every day! I was sick of the flyers coming home asking for money or promoting some event, when my child needed remediation in critical math and comprehension skills. That was so ridiculous because I felt like the school had vision but lost their way when their enrollment sky rocketed last school year. I am one disappointed parent and my child will not be returning to CCS. I know Dr. Lawson did not start that school as a profit making venture and I think who ever is in charge should respect her vision and fulfill her dream of providing quality education for students.

Last modified Central Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.