Posted November 14, 2014
My Daughter went to this school for 4yrs & the only good thing i can say about this school is it's name (the word charter school) seem or sound like it's different from any public school but it's worse than the public schools i know. Most of the students are from broken home and because of that, it reflect on the behavior of most f the students. most of the parents don't care and its really sad because when you look at all these students and parents you realize that they are in such bad shape when it comes to their education level (you can't mentor a child if you don't know yourself) when i would go to parent teacher meeting i would be the only student to show-up in my daughter's class. that school really need help. My child was a C student in a D school;Now that i have taken my child, she is an A student in a A school. She made the honor roll for the first time.

Posted October 27, 2014
I started my first child at this school last year in kindergarten. Her teacher went above and beyond the call of duty to EDUCATE the students. My son is currently in her class, and he's getting by he same thing from her, a passion for teaching. This year however, for my daughter, she's in first grade and I'm absolutely disappointed. She's not being challenged whatsoever. To communicate with this teacher is like making reservations months in advance to have her respond to any notices or messages sent. It's all about 'sticking' to the curriculum. What about challenging those students who are advanced and letting them get more excited about learning something new everyday? On the matter of the administration, they are all a joke. Horrible communication. Calling to get information regarding pertinent matters and no one to return calls. Overall, it's a mess this year. The student population grew tremendously which, I think, the school cannot handle. Security on the premises, pathetic. No safety. Central charter is a TOTAL disappointment this year. They get 'F' in my book.

Central Charter School 3

Posted June 20, 2014
First grade was ok for my child, he was challenged, motivated and rewarded every step of the way. Second grade was a mess, a very tiny room with too many kids. My son struggled with math because of the quality of the instruction being delivered. The teacher lacked competence in methodology, so he failed! Now she sent home a report blaming him, I worked hard with my son at home. Home work was given but not graded. Worst of all, they BEG MONEY every day! I was sick of the flyers coming home asking for money or promoting some event, when my child needed remediation in critical math and comprehension skills. That was so ridiculous because I felt like the school had vision but lost their way when their enrollment sky rocketed last school year. I am one disappointed parent and my child will not be returning to CCS. I know Dr. Lawson did not start that school as a profit making venture and I think who ever is in charge should respect her vision and fulfill her dream of providing quality education for students.

Posted January 26, 2014
Uhhh i hate this school the teachers are the worst they font teach nothing im a student ughh tht school gives mi a head ache ughh nd there uniform so expensive so

Central Charter School 5

Posted August 21, 2013
Love Mrs. Major in the from office she is definitely an asset. The teachers are awesome and the children look happy. My son is gifted and I can say that he is always being challenged and pushed for greatness. Parent involvement is needed from every parent that wants there child to succeed. Add the great school and the skies the limit.

Central Charter School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
My daughter just started and we are from the Caribbean, love the school already she is so happy and excited about Central Charter love the office staff and teachers so far!

Central Charter School 5

Posted July 20, 2013
I like the administration staff they are very easy to communicate with. and they are always their to give advice.

Posted August 21, 2011
They wait 3 days before the new 2011 new school year to telll new parents of grade 4 students that they are not registered at orientation!!!! Unifors are already bought so were school supplies...... Very reliable........

Central Charter School 0

Posted October 31, 2010
This is a school regardless of location and limited resources, that fosters learning, provides family support groups, and offers extra curricular activities to economically disadvantage students. Those that would not make it if it was not for the inovative ideas of great administrators and devoted teachers.

Central Charter School 3

Posted March 24, 2010
My child has been at Central Charter for two years and I am honestly not impressed with her progress. She has always been at the head of her class academically and neither of her teachers have really made an effort to challenge her. The teachers and staff have consistently promised me that they would work with her individually in order to develop her skills, but have not followed through with those promises. The school environment is positive and she enjoys her class. I believe they have the right intentions at heart, but I am just not happy with academic level of the program. Since she has been at Central Charter I have noticed her get lazy with her academic work and she does not enjoy learning the way she did at her previous school. In spite of their good intentions, she will not be there next year.

Central Charter School
4525 Florida 7, Lauderdale Lakes, FL  33319
Last modified Central Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top