1,597 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Well from experience from attending Parkway Middle School Of The Performing Arts I'm proud to say that It's a top notch vigorous school. Along with saying that, they also do a very good job at keeping the adolescents in line when necessary. The teachers at Parkway Middle are very well equipped with what they are to do when it comes to class room functions and class objectives. Proceeding on to the Performing Arts part of the school not to pleased about certain things that get done when notified by parents. Personally more should get done when told something is occurring in that specific class. Overall Parkway is a very suitable school for any adolescent that's willing to put forth the effort, hard work, dedication and grades towards there future.

Parkway Middle School has a magnificent performing arts department. The teachers that run the various performing arts electives (vocal, drama, dance, band, piano, and art) teach well. You also learn a ton of information pertaining to that specific art form. There are a lot of field trips you can go on and you get to perform in shows on and off campus. There are always at least two shows per month and sometimes the whole performing arts program will get together and do shows. It s an amazing experience.

I am happy to be a teacher at Parkway Middle due to the caring staff and supportive administration. Students are expected to succeed to their highest potential. Our specialized programs such as; STEM, CITY, Honors, and Performing Arts give the students excellent academic experience for the future. The students really enjoy being part of the school. We have plenty of clubs, sports, and activities to keep the students involved. It's a place where teaching and learning can be lots of fun.

I am a student in the CITY (Center for Intellectual Talented Youth) program. I am really happy I joined! I have been here since Grade 5 and am now in Grade 6. There are many resources in Performing Arts, Computer Science, and Academics itself. The teachers help you understand the work properly and are very caring & reliable. There is also the new GEM (Great Explorations in Mathematics) program. It skips mathematically-talented 6th graders from 6th grade math to Senior High math.

My son is in the City program. I am very happy we decided for him to attend. He is happy, and he is challenged everyday. I highly recommend this program.

Winners of the Lowe's Toolbox for Education Grant: Thank you to Lowe s for helping us with our Art in the Parkway project. Lowe s granted us $2,020 to help us make a creative and artistic area in our luncheon patio. I would be remiss if I didn t thank all of our volunteers who helped with the project. Thanks to Mr. J. P. Oliver for painting the wave of chalkboard paint on the wall, to Mr. Pat Dimeo for creating the impressionistic garden, to Ms. Linda Dimeo for designing our first wall of art, to Mr. Javan Martin for putting together the benches, to Mr. Joseph Ellis and Mr. Gilmore for spreading all of the rubber mulch. Now the students, particularly the younger ones, have an avenue for their creativity. Ah, what would life be like without the arts. Thank you Lowe s!

Parkway is a school that expects each and every student to exceed. They treat each child as their own and many do have their own child attending. They guide with discipline, respect and encouragement. I am very proud to have my child attend Parkway Middle.

I am a student at Parkway Middle School. This will be my 6th year in the CITY gifted cluster, as I have been in it since 3rd Grade, at the original location: Arthur Ashe Middle. The school is great and I will be entering my 8th grade year, as of the beginning of the school term. All the teachers are amazing and give help to whatever you need. Technology is also very highly implemented in the learning process. We receive laptops, IMacs, and even iPads to assist in our learning. I can't tell how the system of teaching is outside of CITY, as I have never been exposed to any trouble. Fights are reducing, and security have a better handle on the students. Many programs are offered; such as GEM, STEM, and Performing Arts, which I have all been a part of. I believe that this school is an amazing please to learn, and I gladly hope that everyone else's experiences were, are, and will be the same.

Parkway is the best!!! When I first came to Parkway last year I had auditioned to get into the Theater Magnet and surprisingly I got in! I was nervous and scared. But the first person I met was my awesome Drama teacher Ms.Terl she was fun and sort of eased my nerves :-D As a sixth grader I participated in a total of ten shows plus the District Thespian Competition and I was an observer at The thespian State Competition. By the end of the year I even got put on to the Drama Leadership Team! I had some awesome teachers. But I have to say a huge thanks to Ms.Darville (My math teacher) Not only was did she help me get a five on the FCAT but she over teached so now I knew a few things about the seventh grade math. And Ms.Moore who always supported me and let me know that I could be something great in life. I love Parkway . Its a school that you should most definately consider going to. I promise. You'll love it. GO CAVALIERS!!!!!

The city gifted cluster has isolated classes, and the teachers are great and give the kids a chance to grow. Though it is true there can be some violence among the general population, the staff has been working hard to lower that, and have been doing a great job. I think one of the reasons it's not an "A" school is because their objective in teaching isn't exams, it's life skills.

Last modified Parkway Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.