No rating

Seven Rivers Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 395 students

SRCS is known for its excellent, distinctly biblical full liberal arts program.

Living in Lecanto

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $92,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $786.

Posted April 24, 2014

Seven Rivers Christian School is an excellent school to send your child to if you are looking for an environment that not only shapes minds, but hearts. Enrolling my children at SRCS has been one of the most important decisions of my life. I am very thankful for the influence of every staff member that has played a part in the quality education of my children. I am confident to say that they will graduate with the core knowledge for an independent and successful life. But that's not all, they will also be instilled with values and character that will serve them throughout their professional and personal lives.

Posted April 21, 2014

Our family LOVES SRPC. Great mixture of sports, academics and the arts (can always improve in the arts) with a foundation (keystone) of Christ throughout the school. Highly recommend!

Posted April 17, 2014

Seven Rivers provides a great environment for students to learn and sets high standards for what they learn with lots of emphasis on excelling at the basics of reading and writing so other subjects are easier to excel in. The teaching staff is top notch and caring, the school administration team is very professional and there is a clear vision of what they want the school to be. There has been a lot of progress made with expanding with the athletics and arts programs over the past five years. My children have attended for ten years and will stay to graduate. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to other families. It also provides a solid Christian perspective on education but it is missional, you do not have to be a Christian to attend.

Posted April 17, 2014

My children attend(ed) Seven Rivers Christian School My son graduated last year and is finishing his freshman year at Florida State. Seven RIvers prepared him excellently for the academic rigors of college level courses. Because of the number of dual enrollment and AP classes he took at Seven Rivers, he is a year ahead and will graduate a year early, even with a semester-long internship. My daughter, a sophomore at SRCS, is also experiencing a top notch education by teachers who love and care for her.

Posted April 17, 2014

Seven Rivers Christian School truly walk the talk of their mission and vision statement. All of our children have attended this school for over the last 14 years. They have been taught, cared for and mostly loved by staff through out their entire education progression. Pre-K 3 to 12 grade. More importantly, they have learned about Jesus and what He did on the cross for them. We love this school!

Posted April 17, 2014

I started teaching at SRCS 10 years ago (before I had children) and cannot believe the changes that have taken place over the last few years (thanks to the leadership of Dana James, headmaster) What has happened on this campus, in the classrooms and in the hearts of teachers and students alike has literally catapulted this school to "Outstanding" on all fronts. Seven Rivers curriculum has been overhauled, streamlined and refocused to prepare the students to excel not only in furthering their education after graduation, but also to combat the difficult waves of "real life" they are sure to encounter upon graduating. The teachers, under the encouraging and inspiring leadership of Mr. James, have been revitalized and invigorated with fresh enthusiasm for teaching, challenging and truly engaging their students. (The teachers that did not want to be "revitalized and invigorated" found jobs elsewhere where the status quo is tolerated) The sports program from kindergarten (intramurals) thru 12th has been beefed up and given new life with coaches who are passionate and a school community that backs its players. We will not send our children anywhere else. SRCS is Family. Come Join us!

Posted April 17, 2014

I am the parent of two Girls who have or are currently attending Seven Rivers Christian School. My Oldest Daughter Attended SRCS from Pre-k 3 thru 12th grade and is now attending the University of Florida. My youngest Daughter also started SRCS at Pre-k3 and is now in the 11th grade. With that background information I feel qualified to write a quality review of SCRS. While I am aware that no school is perfect, I would be hard pressed to find a serious fault with the school. Every change that has come about while my kids have been there has made the school better in one way or another. The teachers are highly qualified, the school leadership has years of experience and have an awesome vision for where this school is going. In my opinion the strongest point is the way Seven Rivers Presbyterian Church supports the school. I m talking about the church leaders and the body of the church. I am also impressed with how much parental support is in the school. You can walk onto the campus at any time and find parents and grandparents volunteering and spending time with the children. Every day, all day, everyone is sharing and showing the gospel to these kids.

Posted February 18, 2012

I attended Seven Rivers Christain School from K3-7th grade. I left because I felt I would enjoy public school much more. By 10th grade I was ready to come back to SRCS, I couldn't stand the public school. But unfortantly because of the public school system being so far behind I would have to be held back a year in order to graduate from SRCS. I now have a 3 year old and a 2 year old and my older son is in k3 here. The school is amazing. I love that my son is surrounded by a christian atmosphere and learning the christian faith. He loves the school as well and we plan on keeping him there as long as we can afford it. And to those who truely think the school was or is based around basketball...It never was based around basketball. Basketball was the most major sport the school had so just like any public school loves watching football, SRCS loved watching basketball!! This school is based around God and principles and morals.

Posted May 9, 2010

All 4 of my children have graduated from Seven Rivers, three of them now have Masters degrees and the fourth is flourishing in college. All four got into the college of their choice. Seven Rivers is easily the most rigorous academic program in Citrus County. Great faculty, great coaches, exciting new leadership!

Posted March 17, 2010

i attend seven rivers and yes there is alot to do with basketball but i dont even play basketball and i am still very socialy strong and it now has a football program it is very, very, very christ centered which i do like alot and the teachers may give alot of homework but they give you a college prepatory learning so how dare some of you say it isnt im only in 7th grade but im also in the top im considered legally a genius i have an IQ around 170 when the average person has an IQ of 100 so tou should go to seven rivers bchristian school

Posted September 10, 2009

I currently attend Seven Rivers, It is not centered around basketball, it's centered around God. It's the reason I am the strong Christian that I am today. Yes to the former student, when you were in school they probably didn't have a strong art and band program, but may I remind you the school is only 20 years old. Even now they have a much stronger band program starting in the 4th grade with records and all the way until HS band, which I am in. They now even have a program that our art teachers took special classes for that help you prepare an art profolio for college. Our teachers are the heart of the school, they help us learn the values of living a strong Christian life. I love our school more than any other place in the world. I practically live there and could never imagine leaving.

Posted June 29, 2009

I moved from a wealthy area of Atlanta to Citrus County, FL 19 years ago. I don't see how it could be humanly possible for a school to consistently impact students in every aspect of their student life in the forward reaching, higher thinking manner that Seven Rivers maintains. In fact, it is not human at all, I don't believe there are any in leadership at the school that would credit themselves for the school's success. Prayerful dedication and a desire to groom Warriors for Christ armed with intellect and a desire to develop their individual God given gifts are what I believe core values of the school. Not because I read them in a pamphlet, but because that is what I witness daily. As a whole, legalism is discouraged, providing the necessary fertile soil for Truth and higher learning. I could put my children in any school, but I don't.

Posted August 19, 2008

I think the school is really deteriorating and that's why we pulled our child out. I can't see paying $550 a month for a below-average education. The administration is rude, hard to deal with and very un Christ like.

Posted November 12, 2007

It's great and the school is not centered around Basketball, and the school majorly has a Christian enviornment.

Posted February 13, 2007

I'd like to start off by saying that I went to Seven Rivers for 11 years, from preschool until 8th grade. The whole school is centered around Basketball. If you aren't good at Basketball, Seven Rivers is not for you. Also, the school isn't all a Christian environment. There is very little support for artistic or musical students. There are very good and bad teachers. At SRCS now, it's all about how much stuff you have.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 26, 2005

Our children go to Seven Rivers. We think that the quality of education & teachers there is outstanding. Seven Rivers in top-notch. We do wish that the uniforms were more modest. The skirts are actually mini-skirts. We were surprised that a christian school would allow this. Also, the headmaster is kind of stern and cold. But overall, Seven Rivers is an academically excellent place to sent your kids. I also wish there were busses. It seems like the high tuition would cover bussing. The teachers really care at Seven Rivers. The sports program is awesome, and that was a big draw for us. We really do love our school. No place is perfect, but this place is close.

Posted March 16, 2004

All three of my children have attended SRCS since preschool. My eldest is now in 10th grade. The best thing about this school is the integration of a Biblical worldview into every aspect of the student's experience. The benefits of this become increasingly clear as our children grow up. They are not kept from knowing about the world and there is no fear of examining any aspect of modern culture. They are taught how to think from a biblical perspective, which is more valuable than anything else they learn. The teachers at all levels demonstrate genuine concern for each of their students and their families. The students receive excellent instruction at all levels. Basic reading and math skills are emphasized in the younger grades, while thinking and writing at advanced levels to prepare them for higher education is emphasized in high school. The community here is unique -- the best!

Posted March 9, 2004

Seven Rivers has been great to our son and family. Not only is it a higher education than the public schools offer but he learns biblical truths in each subject. Also, the teachers all care about their students. They think of them as their own child and they are treated that way. Students are encouraged to voice their opinion on the subject matter being discussed. The teachers want the students to think out of the box and not give pat answers.

Posted March 8, 2004

This school is exeptional. I have my children here for a Christ centered education and everything else falls into place. Leadership is top quality and academics is top notch. I think SRCS is a great school!

Posted March 8, 2004

The example of Christ-centered faculty and curriculum at SRCS is highly evident. My son is surrounded by God's family in every activity of his day. We are thrilled to be a part of SRCS!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Citrus County public schools
Local private schools
Colleges most students attend after graduation Florida State University
University of Central Florida
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Mr. Dana James
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • www.sevenriverscs.org
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Direct instruction
  • Honors track
  • Independent Study
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • None

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • None
  • Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
Media arts
  • Graphics

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Drama club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Citrus County public schools

Financial aid offered
School-based aid
Tax credits

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Floirda State University
University of Central Florida
College of Central Florida
College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
Community college courses
SAT/ACT prep classes
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Students' post-graduation plans in 2012