Lecanto, FL

Posted May 19, 2015
I have been going to Lecanto for 2 1/2 years now. Like any school, we do have our flaws but the teachers certainly do not have the students gang up on each other instead they have a not tolerance to sort of things like that. I have been to Crystal river Middle School and Citrus Springs Middle in the 1/2 of the year that I wasn't in LMS and I can proudly say that I've wound up in this school compared to the others. They have many sports here also. I am LMS cheerleader, involved in chorus and next year I will be going to the LHS school of art. I find it ridiculous that people are complaining if you want drugs and gangs and to have teachers curse and throw shoes at you go ahead and be my guest and head to Crystal river but, if you want respect from you teachers and to be treated like a young adult, get your work done and the teachers will love you. Last year I was bullied also, they took care of it and the counselor was always there to talk, same with my teachers. My best friends mom died one day and the teacher cried with her At LMS we care.

Lecanto Middle School 1

Posted April 29, 2014
I agree with the review posted by the current sixth grade student for the 2013-2014 school year...this is not a good school anymore.The students and even some of the teachers act (and are) trashy!Administration does nothing at all to address bullying by students. Teachers even curse,bully students and encourage students to gang up on kids they(the teachers) don't like! With adults that act like this and other adults who cover up or look the other way it is no wonder the kids act this way.I feelso sorry for this sixth grade student!

Lecanto Middle School 2

Posted March 24, 2014
Lecanto Middle School I am currently a sixth grade student at the middle school. The school's overall rating is average, and problems do exist. The principal has so far done a great job maintaining what she can in the school. The students talk about inappropriate things that people who are 15-16 shouldn't even know. Some students have spread extremely false rumors about other students, and some students have been seen fighting each other. I've been picked on by students who have and still are my classmates. I must give a warning to kids that want to have girlfriends or boyfriends.(They call them that, but they're really not.) DON'T DO IT! There's so much drama it some of my experiences, you or your student or child will be freaking out! I give the school this rating because the faculty is trying to adjust to new systems and other things, the students are mostly inappropriate, and is partially in need of a rendition. Sent by a student

Posted August 12, 2012
One of the friendliest schools in the district, LMS prides itself in being a family oriented school. Teachers and staff care deeply for the students and their co-workers. Administration provides teachers with the support needed to fulfill their goals. Experienced teachers guide younger teachers as members of a viable team. Together with parents LMS faculty and staff have once again earned an A for their efforts.

Posted April 28, 2010
i give this school this rating because its a nice school and they keep it nice and clean and they do alot of sports and activties and more soo by now i think this school should have a rateing at 10 by now!!!!!

Lecanto Middle School 1

Posted May 30, 2009
I am a student at Lecanto Middle School. I am about to move on to my second year there and I already think its a horrible school. Yes, the staff is good. But, they don't do whole a lot about the drama and the fights there. They just allow them to slip by and not get in trouble. My teachers (only 4) are great!! As to my other 3 teachers, they give out WAY to much homework. It's the last week of school and I have like...tons of homework. I wish this school would be WAY better than I thought it was going to be.

Posted June 22, 2008
Lecanto Midle School is bursting at the seams with a wonderful staff, an amazing learning atmosphere, and idealistic after-school activities. Teachers assist students in every way they can. Faculty is friendly and helpful. Janitors walik the halls continuously to assure themselves the school is clean. The librarians always suggest new books to the students. The principals are kind and generoulsy spend much of their time with students, helping them and handing out positive referals. Overall, from the front-desk people to the lunch-ladies, students are surrounded in a haven of learning (not excluding fun). This is why I award LMS, home of the panthers, 5 stars. Even as students bid farewell, this school never stops giving.

Posted October 24, 2007
It is so awesome .I love after school animal care because we get to learn how to take care of cows. My favorite teacher is my P.E. teacher Mr.Clark

Lecanto Middle School 4

Posted March 28, 2007
We are new to Florida this year. Some students have attitudes with my daughter. She has met many nice kids as well. My daughters teachers (but one) are AMAZING. They email daily the work they covered, HW, lesson plans, and let you know if you child's behavior is slipping. As a school administrator in another county......I find Lecanto to be top notch with regard to the Principal, academic programs, and the dedication and enthusiasm of most teachers. Administration was more than willing to help when I needed it. Great Job!

Posted March 27, 2007
Lecanto Middle has one of the best music programs in the state, both band and chorus win awards each year at state competition. The 7th grade girls chorus qualified for Carnegie Hall and will sing there as 8th graders this spring.The 21st Century Community Learning Center at LMS is funded by a grant and provides extracurriular classes for all students with afternoon transportation included.

Lecanto Middle School
3800 West Educational Path, Lecanto, FL  34461
(352) 746-2050
Last modified Lecanto Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lecanto Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top