PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Absolutely love this school it's a tight knit family where everyone devotes there time and resources to help watch the children succeed. So blessed to be a part of it and wouldn't want to go any place else! U will fall in love with everything it has to offer

What a welcoming environment. Everyone is caring, from staff to families. My children love the school as well as the teachers. They never complain about having to go to school, to them it's like a second home. Great education with morals and values taught daily. Great choice for my family.

Our family was searching for a school where students are treated as valued and loved individuals, where teachers cared whether or not a student completed and turned in assignments and whether or not they understood the material, where teachers are enthusiastic and still love teaching, and where students can catch their enthusiasm and love learning, where teachers and staff would support our values and moral teachings and care how students treat others, where the Gospel and grace are taught through example and lessons, where academics are taught to a high standard and where success was already proven, and where learning is interactive and maybe even fun- where activities and projects support lessons and students are encouraged to think, grow, and lead. We found this school in Lecanto at Pope John Paul II Catholic School. They treat each student as a whole person with academic, spiritual, and physical needs. It has a strong community which includes polite and caring students, parents and staff. Pope John Paul II Catholic School exceeded all of our hopes and expectations. A rare school today indeed! We are blessed to be a part of this community. Thank you!!

My son started attending PJP2 in 3rd grade in 2012. The school offered a special program at his grade level in BrainWare Safari which he absolutely loved! I've read the reviews and was a bit skeptical when I saw the review that said, "Please Just Pay Double." The school does a lot of fundraising of all types which is not unlike any other school these days. I didn't feel strong armed or pressured into paying for anything outside our reach. I think the teachers at PJP2 are outstanding: compassionate, caring, and involved with the students. My son had special issues due to sensory integration, and everyone at PJP2 just wrapped around him and our family and showed their support. I truly believe that the teachers at this school have contributed to my son's success. He loves this school and doesn't want to go anywhere else. PJP2 is a blessing. If you want a place for your child that feels more like a "home" than a "classroom" you should look at enrolling your child(ren) at PJP2. Scholarships are available outside the normal Step Up for Students. Take a chance. It could change your life and that of your children!

Parents refer to Pope John Paul II simply as PJP II...lately that acronym seems to stand for PLEASE JUST PAY DOUBLE!!! Paying tuition, consumable fees, volunteering hours isn t even enough. EVERYTHING is turned into a money making venture want to vote for the theme of the annual fundraiser? Vote by bringing in MONEY and putting it in a jar. Want to attend a brunch to honor your children s grandparents? Buy their tickets! As parents we are constantly bombarded with raffle tickets and fundraisers to sell, sell, sell!!! It NEVER stops!! As for the rest of the school? The curriculum is good. The teachers for the most part seem to really care about the students. The administration is the weakest link in the school. The principal is completely concerned with promoting the school-and the children. She is more troubled about the outward facade of how the school appears to the public than on the inner workings of making a peaceful environment for all who attend. My children attended a much larger private school out of state and although it had its fair share of problems it was nothing compared to this. Faculty seems to be cautious almost timid dealing with the principal.

I do love this school for my children; the teachers are kind and compassionate and always keep parents informed. The environment is friendly and morally sound. However, be prepared to get your wallet out! I completely understand that private schools struggle daily to make ends meet. For those of us that are average middle class families paying for tuition, and do not receive (or qualify) for any scholarship assistance it is very discouraging to constantly be forced to sell raffle tickets, or be bombarded with fund raisers. There is no doubt that the principal is very concerned about getting new technology for the students, but it is very evident that marketing the school is her first priority. As parents we are constantly told of the thousands of dollars the school saves by cutting the air conditioner off over weekends, and how much our end of the school year auction brings in, but have yet to see those savings reflected in our tuition costs. The pressure makes enjoying your children s schooling experience nearly impossible.

I had four children graduate from PJP2, the youngest being there from EC3 (early childhood 3 year old class) through the 8th grade. My own experience was five stars, but the academic preparation they received is what really matters, and that was beyond five stars! After graduating, all of my children attended Trinity Catholic High School in Ocala, which is a college prep school. Two of my children are now in college and the other two are still in high school. All of them have the educational, emotional and spiritual foundation that is allowing them to be successful young adults, both educationally and socially. Thank you Pope John Paul II Catholic School for all you did for my children and me.

I love this this school! I am a student here . My teacher is the best. She explains everything so that I can actually understand it. The school has a very big library, huge classrooms, desks, really big cafeteria. Our principal is really nice. She's the best one in Citrus County. We also have a wide selection of sports. ( Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, and Cheerleeding. So if you need to send your child somewhere where they can have an excellent education, please send them to Pope John Paul II Catholic School.

I love PJP2! I am nothing but pleased with the preschool program and staff. My child begs to go to school even on Saturday (I am sure this will change with age) but my husband and I are enjoying it while we can. I highly recommend looking into the school if you want the best education for your child. Tuition might not even be an issue because they have so may options of scholarships. Don't think you shouldn't look into it just because of money

The best years of my children's life were at PJP2. Teachers are always available to speak to parents when needed. PJP2 has the best Science program in the county. Students always receive top honors on Science projects. For a small school, they achieve big things. It's the best investment you can make, by enrolling your child at this school.

Last modified Saint John Paul II Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8