Public charter
Leesburg, FL
After care: No

Posted October 11, 2013
My wife and I have two children at HFACS. We have a child in kindergarten. He has homework daily and is eager to learn. He states everyday when we pick him up I had a great day and I love this school! I love to hear that coming from my child regarding his school. Keep up the great work HFACS!

Posted October 11, 2013
My wife and I have two children at HFACS. We are very involved in our children's educations and social development. We are at the dinner table evey night doing homework and this gives us a great opportunity to guage their development. Our 3rd grader was shy and would recluse himself from answering questions and verbally expressing himself. This has changed since he has been at HFACS. He answers questions openly in class, verbally expresses himself, has become fascinated with Jazz and Classical music. He wakes up in the morning eager to go to school! Thank you Dr. Smalley and faculty.

Posted October 09, 2013
I transfered my 3rd grader and Kindergarten students to this school two weeks after the school year started. I have noticed significant changes in there studies and their growth. My 3rd grader once did not enjoy homework and was very shy, now he is proactive in his homework and reading more. He has also broken the shy stage and is expressing himself more. Now as for my Kindergarten, he has improved his motor skills and is proactive with homework. I love the fact that they are more attentive to Fine Arts. I am finding that they notice genre of music and loves Classical and Jazz, all because of the instruments that they are majoring. Love it! Glad I made this decision.

Humanities and Fine Arts Charter School 3

Posted November 16, 2012
Positives-lots of parent involvement, they teach the arts, small classes, rigorous Common Core curriculum Negatives: I loved this school at the start. However, the communication is poor and there seems to be a disconnect between the parents and the school. Homework is willy nilly--sometimes there is some sometimes there is not--sometimes there are spelling tests sometimes there are not. There is no clear pattern. No weekly/monthly newsletters for parents etc. and it takes teachers a long time to get back to parents. High teacher turnover rate. Demographics are deeply imbalanced. Moved on and haven't looked back. I hope they can work out the kinks because they are onto a good thing with the arts!

Posted May 24, 2011
My Kindergartener has only been at this school for 5 months and he has already grown by leaps and bounds socially, academically and emotionally. The curriculum is carefully balanced providing students with a mix of academics (reading, math, science, social studies, language arts) and arts education (dance, music, drama, oration, art). Dr Smalley and Dr Haynes are incredibly leaders who have really taken off running with their belief that "every child is a star". The directors, teachers, custodians and even cafeteria staff know each of the 130 children by name, and treat them like family. The teachers are caring and individualize instruction for all children. Students receive targeted instruction in reading and math and will switch groups and classes as their needs change. My child is happier and better prepared for the future than he had been in public school. The level of parental involvement is great compared to local schools, and each family is required to volunteer 40 hours per year. The HFACS is really providing a meaningful and rich education for all children in Lake County. I can't wait to see how much greater the school gets in the years to come.

Humanities and Fine Arts Charter School
213 N. Lee St, Leesburg, FL  34748
Last modified Humanities and Fine Arts Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Humanities and Fine Arts Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top