Milestones Community School Of Lake County, Inc.

Charter | K-8 | 205 students

Posted July 17, 2014

My boys started Milestones last year 2013-2014. They were in First Grade and Fourth Grade. The teachers and staff are great. My first grader loved his teachers. He was struggling with his reading and his teacher took the time and gave him the extra help he needed. He has improved tremendously. Now my fourth grader has no problem in school but can be a bit of a clown in class. Which his teacher put an end to that. For which I am forever grateful. The Principal is wonderful. She has an open door policy and any of the students can come to her if there is ever a problem.The classrooms are a smaller size and that gives my boys a chance to have individualized attention when needed. I hope that Milestones can stay open for a very long time because I feel that this is a wonderful school for my boys and they will get the most out of their education,

Posted July 29, 2013

Milestones is looking great with the new pavement and painted gym this is going to be a wonderful school year.

Posted February 22, 2013

Milestones has been a Great Blessing for our family! My child is a 7th grader and was zoned to go to Oak Park. We are so thankful that we have the option to send him to Milestones where the classes are small, the teachers really care, and there is a greater feeling of safety compared to the violence at Oak Park. The principal Mrs. Jackson is a Great person who is working together with the teachers to make this a really great school. If it weren't for Milestones we would choose to homeschool our child as opposed to sending him to Oak Park or Carver middle schools. It's worth going over and talking to the teachers and the principal.

Posted September 10, 2012

This is my son's first year at Milestones. We enjoyed movie night and my son loves the school. The Principal is outstanding and I have found the office staff to be very professional, helpful and polite. The before and aftercare staff are outstanding. I am extremely happy to have found Milestones and such a wonderful staff!

Posted August 29, 2012

Disorganized and unstable, Yes. I wish Milestones was an option for my children, but it is not. Last Spring I visited the school and was set on enrolling my now Kindergarten child in the school. I met with the Principal and the Kindergarten teacher and was impressed. Very impressed! He took the time to show me around and answer questions and seemed very professional. However, I learned this summer that both the Principal and teacher I met with were no longer there. I have a friend who sends her child there and she shared with me that the last two Principals were great, however they both left rather abruptly. She also told me that the teacher turn over rate is ridiculous. Why is that? The school appeared to be a great place. My friends daughter likes school, her grades improved, and she even learned art and yoga! Why then does every Principal leave abruptly, and why are teachers there then gone. There has to be deeper issue. Who runs this school? I wish this school was an option. I am unhappy with the Public School this year and hoped that Milestones was the answer. However, I can't risk an unstable staff.

Posted August 26, 2012

This school got a D rating this year, and has a high teacher turn over in the elementary school. They are disorganized and the office staff is very unfriendly!

Posted August 20, 2012

I placed my daughter in Milestones last year (which was fourth grade). She absolutely LOVED it. She is now attending Milestones for fifth grade. And my son is now at that school for K. The teachers this year are full of energy, highly educated, and have the love for teaching. We met the new principal at open house and there are activites in place at the school such as drama, cheerleading, and etc. What would be nice if they could add football or something for the boys (but it is a small school) We were scared to let go of our son but the K teacher (Mrs. Williams) has energy and is well organized. My daughters teacher fifthe grade (Mrs. Barnhardt) is a teacher who will teach right away you can tell she will do whatever it takes to teach your child and your child will learn. We dropped our son off today and of course I called to check on him and without hesitation the front office set my mind at ease and were more than happy to answer my questions. I truly feel that Milestones is going places. The school does need updating but you have to remember that it is not how it looks but what they are teaching and who is teaching. You can feel confident in this school.

Posted July 17, 2012

My daughter has been going to Milestones for the last 4 years, she will be attending again this year. WE both love this school, there have been some issues with teacher stability, however with the New Principal I know we will see major changes & Improvments. Mrs. Jackson was a prior teacher to this school a few years ago, she is an outstanding educator to the students as well as will be helpful to the teachers. Mrs. Jackson loves for the parents to be involved and will listen to any and all issues. She takes time for the students that want to talk or have issues that they would like to discuss. I can see that Milestones is going to be the amazing school that I know it can be again with Mrs. Jackson's guidance.

Posted July 16, 2012

My Niece has attended Milestones since Kindergarten with very few issues. The school is amazing and now with its new principal it should do even better. She is a former teacher at the school is an exceptional educator and is a perfect choice for principal. She takes time for each student, values parental input and is a conscientious and fair administrator. We have no reservations about Milestones being the steward of my niece's education.

Posted July 15, 2012

This school had many challenges this past year. The 5th grade went through 3 teachers, their amazing Principal was ousted and there were several occasions of bullying on the school bus and on campus. During FCAT testing the 5th grade teacher was constantly on her cell phone and computer using Facebook, checking emails and talking. It was such a disappointment from the previous year. There are great teachers there but not enough to combat all the problems. Office staff is wonderful and friendly and tries to help but even they can't fix the myriad of issues facing this school.

Posted June 11, 2012

The intern principal is amazing.She gets more accomplished in 2 weeks than any principal does all year.Front office needs work and a change of attitude.

Posted August 17, 2011

Wow!! I just visited the school today and fell in love with the first grade teacher my son will have. She was so nice and really seems to know what she is doing. I asked several questions about the reading and math programs and she was so knowledgeable. My son is excited and so am I -- Go Mrs. Farren, I know it will be a great year.

Posted June 27, 2011

The school has a new principal. He is brillant and has a clear vision to move the school forward. My children have attended this school and have a great education. The school has always been a good school. However I see GREATNESS on the horizon. Mr. S., the principal is straightfoward and has a clear vision. The teachers at Milestones are some the of the hardest working educators in the field. Under this new leader, I am confident that the school will move ahead and be one of the best in Lake County. I highly recommend this school to any parent who lives in Lake County. This recommondation is based on the following things: 1. Smaller campus 2. Busing 3. Great Teachers 4. Community involvement 5. Talented Principal It is a free charter school that almost has a feel of the Private School. I love this school and all it has done for my kids.

Posted January 21, 2010

I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a small, family-oriented school. Milestones keeps getting better and better this year. The Principal and his faculty and staff have really improved the overall quality of the educational experience and overall culture of the school. They've set high academic expectations for their students, discipline problems are minimal, and they are always available to help with any questions. Keep up the great work!

Posted October 13, 2009

When I first decided to enroll my children into Milestones Community Charter School, I did not know much about the school, but I really wanted to be a part of a school community and build relationships with the school administration and the teaching staff. I have always invested my time and energy into my children and their education and wanted to make sure that Milestones was a place that could help me nurture their potentials. My children and I (I am in school as well; as their tutor) are in our second year at this school and continue to feel like this is a place where were we can grow. There was a problem last year but felt that the new principal responded receptively to my concerns and the matter was dealt with in a way that helped my child and me. It takes a village! You get what put in!

Posted June 21, 2009

Milestones is a good school, and like any school, public or private, it is not perfect. The key to a good experience at any school is to be an involved parent and communicate with your childs teacher. Join the PTO or volunteer. Parents are a childs first and most important teacher. The staff and principal at Milestones are doing a great job.

Posted June 1, 2009

My children attend this school, and I have nothing nice to say about this school, esp.. the Principal, who has no clue on running a Chater School, or how to manger whom he hires as his staff. I would not send no child to this school, and Educationaly,there is none, and your children will suffer when they enter Public schools. 'Trust Me'

Posted April 9, 2009

milestones is a great school. my 2 boys started here last year and i feel its a great learning experiance for them.. i hope to keep them here until the 8th grade.. my youngest sons teacher is mrs.burbank and she is a wonderful teacher she makes sure the kids are taught all they need to suceed she cares very much for her students. my oldest sons teacher is mrs.birko and boy is she an amazing teacher my son has had it hard this year and she has keep me on a step by step basis with my sons education. she as well cares deeply for her students all i'd like to say is thank you milestones for helping my boys suceed..

Posted March 31, 2009

Milestones Elementry is a very good school. Mrs. Jackson is a wonderful first grade teacher.

Posted January 28, 2009

i used to be a student at this school and i didnt like it to say the least mr.B is the only teacher that i like and seems to be at least a little concerned about the students and the enviromnt is terrible and the food is unhealthy and expensive
—Submitted by a student

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

21 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

21 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

39 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

39 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

33 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

34 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

10 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

25 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

26 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

27 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

23 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

30 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "D".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

17 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 10%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

10516 Treadway School Road