Public charter
Leesburg, FL

Posted July 17, 2014
My boys started Milestones last year 2013-2014. They were in First Grade and Fourth Grade. The teachers and staff are great. My first grader loved his teachers. He was struggling with his reading and his teacher took the time and gave him the extra help he needed. He has improved tremendously. Now my fourth grader has no problem in school but can be a bit of a clown in class. Which his teacher put an end to that. For which I am forever grateful. The Principal is wonderful. She has an open door policy and any of the students can come to her if there is ever a problem.The classrooms are a smaller size and that gives my boys a chance to have individualized attention when needed. I hope that Milestones can stay open for a very long time because I feel that this is a wonderful school for my boys and they will get the most out of their education,

Posted July 29, 2013
Milestones is looking great with the new pavement and painted gym this is going to be a wonderful school year.

Posted February 22, 2013
Milestones has been a Great Blessing for our family! My child is a 7th grader and was zoned to go to Oak Park. We are so thankful that we have the option to send him to Milestones where the classes are small, the teachers really care, and there is a greater feeling of safety compared to the violence at Oak Park. The principal Mrs. Jackson is a Great person who is working together with the teachers to make this a really great school. If it weren't for Milestones we would choose to homeschool our child as opposed to sending him to Oak Park or Carver middle schools. It's worth going over and talking to the teachers and the principal.

Posted September 10, 2012
This is my son's first year at Milestones. We enjoyed movie night and my son loves the school. The Principal is outstanding and I have found the office staff to be very professional, helpful and polite. The before and aftercare staff are outstanding. I am extremely happy to have found Milestones and such a wonderful staff!

Milestones Community School Of Lake County, Inc. 3

Posted August 29, 2012
Disorganized and unstable, Yes. I wish Milestones was an option for my children, but it is not. Last Spring I visited the school and was set on enrolling my now Kindergarten child in the school. I met with the Principal and the Kindergarten teacher and was impressed. Very impressed! He took the time to show me around and answer questions and seemed very professional. However, I learned this summer that both the Principal and teacher I met with were no longer there. I have a friend who sends her child there and she shared with me that the last two Principals were great, however they both left rather abruptly. She also told me that the teacher turn over rate is ridiculous. Why is that? The school appeared to be a great place. My friends daughter likes school, her grades improved, and she even learned art and yoga! Why then does every Principal leave abruptly, and why are teachers there then gone. There has to be deeper issue. Who runs this school? I wish this school was an option. I am unhappy with the Public School this year and hoped that Milestones was the answer. However, I can't risk an unstable staff.

Milestones Community School Of Lake County, Inc. 2

Posted August 26, 2012
This school got a D rating this year, and has a high teacher turn over in the elementary school. They are disorganized and the office staff is very unfriendly!

Posted August 20, 2012
I placed my daughter in Milestones last year (which was fourth grade). She absolutely LOVED it. She is now attending Milestones for fifth grade. And my son is now at that school for K. The teachers this year are full of energy, highly educated, and have the love for teaching. We met the new principal at open house and there are activites in place at the school such as drama, cheerleading, and etc. What would be nice if they could add football or something for the boys (but it is a small school) We were scared to let go of our son but the K teacher (Mrs. Williams) has energy and is well organized. My daughters teacher fifthe grade (Mrs. Barnhardt) is a teacher who will teach right away you can tell she will do whatever it takes to teach your child and your child will learn. We dropped our son off today and of course I called to check on him and without hesitation the front office set my mind at ease and were more than happy to answer my questions. I truly feel that Milestones is going places. The school does need updating but you have to remember that it is not how it looks but what they are teaching and who is teaching. You can feel confident in this school.

Posted July 17, 2012
My daughter has been going to Milestones for the last 4 years, she will be attending again this year. WE both love this school, there have been some issues with teacher stability, however with the New Principal I know we will see major changes & Improvments. Mrs. Jackson was a prior teacher to this school a few years ago, she is an outstanding educator to the students as well as will be helpful to the teachers. Mrs. Jackson loves for the parents to be involved and will listen to any and all issues. She takes time for the students that want to talk or have issues that they would like to discuss. I can see that Milestones is going to be the amazing school that I know it can be again with Mrs. Jackson's guidance.

Milestones Community School Of Lake County, Inc. 4

Posted July 16, 2012
My Niece has attended Milestones since Kindergarten with very few issues. The school is amazing and now with its new principal it should do even better. She is a former teacher at the school is an exceptional educator and is a perfect choice for principal. She takes time for each student, values parental input and is a conscientious and fair administrator. We have no reservations about Milestones being the steward of my niece's education.

Milestones Community School Of Lake County, Inc. 2

Posted July 15, 2012
This school had many challenges this past year. The 5th grade went through 3 teachers, their amazing Principal was ousted and there were several occasions of bullying on the school bus and on campus. During FCAT testing the 5th grade teacher was constantly on her cell phone and computer using Facebook, checking emails and talking. It was such a disappointment from the previous year. There are great teachers there but not enough to combat all the problems. Office staff is wonderful and friendly and tries to help but even they can't fix the myriad of issues facing this school.

Milestones Community School Of Lake County, Inc.
10516 Treadway School Road, Leesburg, FL  34788
Last modified Milestones Community School Of Lake County, Inc. is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milestones Community School Of Lake County, Inc. Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top