779 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 19, 2015
Thank you to the person at the front desk who was so kind when we had to go pick up my grandson and take him to the doctor!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 19, 2015
Good communication here! The boys teachers have been available and open. I feel i can talk to them if i need to. I havent needed to say anything but "good job, thank you!"

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 19, 2015
I am sorry but if a kid can rush through his homework on the bus and make c's then he needs more work so he can do it at home and get some help!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
Overall my grandkids like their school and they are keeping up with their work and i am always encouraging them to improve. And my experience with their teachers says the school is encouraging this too:-)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
At least i hope this is true! I feel that my first impression of this school was so positive that it cant help but follow suit that it teaches that respect is a very important of life.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
Definately agree! The school and its staff have been concerned and they listen! I was impressed at how much the receptionist knew and how she displayed honest concren and empathy!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
Since my first impression was from the lady manning the front desk i feel that if she can display honest concern and caring that this attitude is probably evident throughout the rest of the school:-)

G. Weaver Hipps Elementary School 5

Posted November 19, 2015
We moved here recently and my oldest grandchild got sick while at school. The school called and we went to pick him up and take him to the doctor. The lady at the front desk was so kind and helpful and it made us feel like our kids were well taken care of. It is for this first impression that i am grateful:-)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 01, 2015
Mrs. Gomez is very effective and has done more to help my child read than I was able to do. A classroom setting helps, but I think she has many years experience and maintains fine order in her classroom.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 01, 2015
The amount of time I spend with my child each night with homework leaves me feeling like I might as well home school her, at times. I know it takes teamwork to solidify what is taught in school, but a LITTLE less at home would be more balanced. And my child is in Kindergarten!!! I don't want to see grades 1-5!

1200 Homestead Road North, Lehigh Acres, FL  33936
Last modified G. Weaver Hipps Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.