779 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Unorganized pick up system. School gets out at 2:10. Expect to receive your child 1-2 hours later. If you have more than one kid in a different school, forget it! They will be waiting at the other school for hours because this school isn't organized.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Good communication here! The boys teachers have been available and open. I feel i can talk to them if i need to. I havent needed to say anything but "good job, thank you!"

Amount of homework: Disagree

I am sorry but if a kid can rush through his homework on the bus and make c's then he needs more work so he can do it at home and get some help!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Since my first impression was from the lady manning the front desk i feel that if she can display honest concern and caring that this attitude is probably evident throughout the rest of the school:-)

We moved here recently and my oldest grandchild got sick while at school. The school called and we went to pick him up and take him to the doctor. The lady at the front desk was so kind and helpful and it made us feel like our kids were well taken care of. It is for this first impression that i am grateful:-)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Gomez is very effective and has done more to help my child read than I was able to do. A classroom setting helps, but I think she has many years experience and maintains fine order in her classroom.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The amount of time I spend with my child each night with homework leaves me feeling like I might as well home school her, at times. I know it takes teamwork to solidify what is taught in school, but a LITTLE less at home would be more balanced. And my child is in Kindergarten!!! I don't want to see grades 1-5!

My daughter started Kindergarten here this year. I would say it is an average to good school. There is nothing I dislike, but nothing that "wow's" me about this school. That said, she learned to read fantastically this year! Her math skills are also impressive. Common core teaches them to count on their fingers or to always need a 'visual' to add and subtract, which I don't like. But that is no fault of the school. She is a straight A student and her teacher has worked with any issues we've had over the year. EVERYONE in this school knows my daughters name. I like that. They appear to know EVERY child's name, as a matter of fact. And, they made the flow of parent pick up much better by mid year. Another plus. The school is immaculate and orderly, any time I've visited. Suggestions? More IN CLASS "wow-factor" projects, as I hear about in other schools...and less print outs/paperwork.

This is an a fine average school for any child in any grade to go to

I have to say for my first experience with a child in school it has been wonderful. The school district and school staff have kept us up to date on anything and everything. Her teacher has been quick to reply to any emails or notes we place in her notebook. Our daughter took a little bit of time to adapt to her new environment, but they helped her, were very patient and she had a great first quarter! Keep up the great work G. Waver Hipps Elemantary School staff!

Last modified G. Weaver Hipps Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.